X3, Storm-free?

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Siona »

Ah, must have missed that.

La la la la la, need 50 characters!, la la la la la!....

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by TheSpike »

Hey, I don't see anything wrong about equalling the roles of the characters... Wolverine gets more importance than everyone else, he gets more screen time, cooler lines, etc.

FOR THE BEARDS OF ODIN WHAT WAS CYCLOPS'S IMPORTANCE TO X2? AND STORM'S? AND ICEMAN'S? AND ROGUE'S?

They should DEFINETLY balance these characters...

IMO they should make a Wolverine Movie and leave HIM out of X3
*dodges flying objects, knives and pastries*
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
TheSpike
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by TheSpike »

Don't take me wrong, I Like Wolverine, it's just that he's so EVERYWHERE at the expense of others that it's f*cking annoying
"In brightest day, in blackest night,
no evil shall escape my sight,
let those who worship evil's might,
beware my power, Green Lantern's light! "
--Green Lantern's Oath

Inferno (on TV): "BUUUURRRRRRRRN!"
Butt-head: "Hey, Beavis, he said 'burn'."
Beavis: "Yeah! Yeah! 'Burn' is cool! Fire, fire, fire!"
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Mad With Power »

Bumpity to mention Gina Torres as another wonderful possible Storm replacement. Yippy!
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Siona »

Hm, she seems very Storm-able...Hey, new word of the day!! :D

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Gina Torres *would* be a good choice.

She was in Firefly, the sci-fi series that never seemed to catch on, even though I kind of liked the few episodes I saw. And she's already done other things in the sci-fi genre as well. She would fit right in as an X-Man.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Mad With Power »

Firefly is one of the great missed chances of television history. Thankfully, the 7 episodes are coming out on DVD soon, and I'll be first in line to get 'em. Woo!
Bamf Bunny
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Bamf Bunny »

Inspiration strikes!

Martha Wash was one of the Weather Girls - "It's Raining Men" was their big hit. Who better to play Storm, the ultimate weather girl? She just needs a blonde wig. She could sing "It's Raining Men" in X3.

More pics of Martha, mostly

(N.b., Megz mentioned Martha Wash in chat, which made the light-bulb - or should that be lightning? - go off in my head about seeing her as Storm.)
Paulus aber sprach: Ich wünschte vor Gott, es fehle nun an viel oder an wenig, daß nicht allein du, sondern alle, die mich heute hören, solche würden, wie ich bin, ausgenommen diese Bande.
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

X3, Storm-free?

Post by BamfKat »

With the first movie we had EVERYONE as background to Wolverine. The weak portrails of both Jean and Ororo were par with the parts they were allowed (in the final cut). In X-2 we see them with a lot more story time and the portails are better because of it.

If Hale is not in X-3 I will be disappointed but not devistated. If Storm is not in X-3 I will be both; particularly because she is one of my favs and the hinted romance that might be starting with Kurt (stronger hints in the book).
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Gambit
Lubber
Lubber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Gambit »

Well,i think that Halle did an excellent job as the movie storm.Notice that i said movie storm.I didnt think that many actors caught the charachters from the comics.except for maybe Wolverine and Cyclops...
The movie Nightcrawler was timid and scared
The comic Nighty was a swashbucking hero!
The movie Strom is a small character and very emotional
Not like the comic Storm,who is powerful and strong
But i do think that it wopuld be stupid if Strom wasn't in X-3...Or if she was replaced by another character...I really hope Halle will be in X-3.:D
Family Tree
Now known as Metlord. >.>

Hello, everyone.
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Siona »

Found an interview with her online.

Sci Fi Wire talked to Halle Berry last week, during the San Diego Comic Con about her character in the X-Men films and what she thinks about the role:

"After every movie, the real die-hard fans come up to me, and they often say, 'Yeah, you know, Storm was OK, but she should do more. She should fly, she should fight. She should be more of what she is in the comic book series.' I'm not really complaining. I'm happy to be a part of it...it's been a great franchise to be a part of, but I think the fans feel that in the comic books, she's represented as a little bit more than just changing her eyes and doing the weather. They want to see her do a little more things. So, as they continue to tell me this, I continue to try to pass this along, to no avail. So that maybe next time, Storm will be...whether or not I play Storm or not...maybe the character will get to do more of what she traditionally does in the comic books."

Halle also stated that ,(like Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart), she's waiting for the script to decide whether or not she wants to return for X3...plus the fact that she hasn't been asked to return just yet.

Also, there's a petition here to keep Storm in X3 ((whether or not it's to keep HALLE as Storm, it doesn't say)) here.

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Mad With Power
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Mad With Power »

Old news, Siona, this entire post was written based on information from the SDCC. But thanks for the link to the petition. Now: everyone, don't sign it!
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Maelstrom »

Don't worry about the petition, Maddie. It's so easy to cheat on them that not one person in a position of power does anything with them besides "round file". Internet petitions are taken about as seriously as Don Delouise in drag :eek.
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Ziox
Lubber
Lubber

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Ziox »

Most Internet petition like Maelstrom said don't work unless they have a lot and mean a a lot of signatures.

All that I would say if they want to give
better scens to Halle Berry as storm they
could but what Halle Berry does in the film
is good enough for me and replacing someone after doing the frist 2 x-men films come on whats the point :? ?
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

Now that Halle's Jinx movie fell through, she may want to think twice about dropping the X-Franchise.........
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Did the Jinx movie fall through? Well, to be honest, I'm not surprised.

You never know, Halle could totally surprise us all and return as Storm...except...good. You know what I mean. I really do like the women, just wish she would put more into her role.
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Siona »

I'm going to go to this Gothika movie for two reasons; one, to see if she just did bad as Storm ((I've only ever seen her in the X-flicks)), and two...to scare the holy shee-at out of myself. ;)

But from the commercials...I'm thinking that Halle doesn't do a good "screaming-woman-in-asylum."

~Siona

-- SheCat.
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Originally posted by Siona
I'm going to go to this Gothika movie for two reasons; one, to see if she just did bad as Storm ((I've only ever seen her in the X-flicks)), and two...to scare the holy shee-at out of myself. ;)
Yeah. The only reason I'de go to Gothika is if my girlfriend wanted me to go wth her. I'm absolutely horrible at scary movies. I bailed out just five minutes into The Ring:LOL. I suck. LOL.
"The hate of another person is sick and disgusting, and I'll never understand how the word hate is thrown around like it's nothing. Because it's something, something ominious, and in the end, it will destroy us all. "
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

X3, Storm-free?

Post by NightPoofer »

I have never pictured Halle as a crazy type person. But I have never seen Jim Carey play a serious roll until watching some of the semi old/new movies... I wonder if I'll get that shock again with Halle.
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

I've seen another quote from Sean Ashmore that said taht Halle Berry is in negotiaitons to come back, but she's asked for 3 things:

1.) More Screen Time
2.) Having her scenes shot so that she's not stuck on the set for 6 months, and can do other work
3.) Some improvements to Storm's role. Mainly, she wants Combat oppurtunities, and to fly

(Point 3 was taken from another one of Berry's comments about the role)
Vee_EmmCee
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Vee_EmmCee »

Well, you gotta admit, having Storm fly would be totally boss. I just don't know if they could do it on a budget.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

-i'm sorry but i didnt like Halle's storm-i think shes a beautiful woman & a talented actress but she kind of reminds me of wolverine (for the simple fact that she seems to be everywhere now- & that gets annoying after time)- i really dont know how i'd react if she were to be replaced. but i kind of agree with what someone else said-
Storm is one of my fave x-characters
i think Aisha or maybe Angela could be a good storm
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X3, Storm-free?

Post by SheCat »

I never really liked Storm in any verse besides Ultimate *gets bombarded by encyclopedias, crawls out from beneath* but it would be better if they had her than if they made a lame-o excuse about her going back to Africa or something. I never really liked dramatic idealists who have uber-powerful abilities though. *gets hit in head by dictionary*

I think she'll return, but she'll make Singer think twice about her.
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Maelstrom »

Originally posted by Vee_EmmCee
Well, you gotta admit, having Storm fly would be totally boss. I just don't know if they could do it on a budget.
It shouldn't be so hard to make her fly correctly. They've been doing excellent flight effects in America since 1978's Superman (with Christopher Reeve). They do them even more often in Hong Kong flicks: it's an art form there. It's wirework, which is one of the cheaper effects you can use. All you have to do is make sure the work is done well. That one scene in Xmen (original) when Storm flies out of the elevator shaft still makes me wince. I don't know who was in charge of that, but you could see her swinging! :urg
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
Northstars Love
Lookout
Lookout

X3, Storm-free?

Post by Northstars Love »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
That one scene in Xmen (original) when Storm flies out of the elevator shaft still makes me wince. I don't know who was in charge of that, but you could see her swinging! :urg

Yes. I remember that. I was hoping Storm was gonna fly in X-2. Didn't happen. Ok...With the advent of Jean Grey becoming Phoenix I pray, at least, they give her the power to fly. If not, there will be many unhappy people. And I will be one of them. :(