Nightcrawler's Tattoos

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Bamf_Girl
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nightcrawler's Tattoos

Post by Bamf_Girl »

Okay... someone asked before NightScrawlers went a haywire about Nightcrawler's tattoos and what they were and what they looked liked cause they wanted a tattoo like Kurt's... I left a link for a site about the tattoos... but then it dissapered along with the new stuff... so just reposting it, and everyone can take a look too ^_^

http://www.omniglot.com/writing/enochian.htm
I am the Terrible Toad King!
Yes you are!
W'o the 'ell are you?
Your Terrible Toad Queen of course

TOAD FANS UNITE!

*Jumps up and down* I'm OMWOS! If I RP with ya, drop me a line!
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Nightcrawler's Tattoos

Post by rockstar »

thanks for the site, bamf_girl!
as for the alphabet, i know that the symbols right above his eyebrows would be the F in our alphabet. i dunno what the rest mean. i need a better view of his face..... and the rest of his body wouldn't hurt either :smirk
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
Gaz
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Nightcrawler's Tattoos

Post by Gaz »

That'd be funny if his tattoos ended up saying something like "God is nifty!" or like "University of Germany Rocks!" or "Delta Omega Delta frat rules!"
DeviantArt | Live Journal
---------------------------------------

Stan: Can Eric spend the night?
Mrs. Cartman: No, I'm sorry, Eric is grounded
for trying to exterminate the Jews last week.
NightFlight
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Nightcrawler's Tattoos

Post by NightFlight »

I think maybe it should say:
"If you can read this, give me a kiss.":D:love
And though they tell you I am lost
and their words report my death is come
the fates have left me breathing still
very much alive
Siona
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Nightcrawler's Tattoos

Post by Siona »

I can see me getting one of those. Probably the S. :evil

~Siona
You cannot stop me. You cannot destroy me. For I am the cockroach of looove.

"Ah, young love. Stupid pencils."
-- SheCat.
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Nightcrawler's Tattoos

Post by Bitsy »

Ok, I've been looking everywhere for this thread. Bamf_Girl, thanks for posting the site of what they look like and what they mean. Now here's something more I'd wish to know (this goes for anybody who might have the slightest idea):

Let's pretend Kurt's a real person...*Looks at room* What?.....ok, anyway, if Kurt had done these beautiful symbols himself, how would he have done it? Like what tools and inks he'd have used to apply them? I don't think he owns one of those fancy tatoo pens you see at the parlors. They looked sort of...sketched into his skin, like scars. :o Uggh...that'd hurt.

Also, they say that these symbols were meant for "conjuring angels" on the DVD. So you really think they spell out words on his face or...I'm not sure how else to phrase this question. I'm only asking this because 1) I need them for a fan fic and 2) for an RP I'm doing. Thanks! :D
rockstar
Lookout
Lookout

Nightcrawler's Tattoos

Post by rockstar »

somebody said something on here (a while ago) about him using a special etching tool.

and also, about conjuring the angels thing. Yeah, the symbols are supposed to call the angels, but he also said "One for every sin." So if they do spell out something, they may spell out a sin or something.
Either that, or he adds a symbol everytime he sins to that he can "call another angel" to forgive him.

Key word in my post: MAYBE
"The whole idea of being in a dark superhero film was quite amusing, and I like that it's got a strong moral track about acceptance............. And then of course the idea of flying around, killing people with my tail -- that kind of appealed to me." :tail
- Alan Cumming (Interview with Wizard Magazine)
HellSpawn
Lubber
Lubber

Nightcrawler's Tattoos

Post by HellSpawn »

So his tattoos were merely words? I thought them to be actual conjuring symbols.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Nightcrawler's Tattoos

Post by HoodedMan »

As far as I know from the X2 novelisation, the symbols do not conjure up angels at all; they are merely angelic symbols, "passed on to mankind by the Archangel Gabriel". They stand for his sins, and hold no mystical meaning beyond that. The DVD doesn't say they conjure up angels either, to the best of my knowledge.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
HellSpawn
Lubber
Lubber

Nightcrawler's Tattoos

Post by HellSpawn »

Actually when they are talking about them and showing the sketches of the tattoos they do refer to them as "conjuring symbols." Hmmm... so they just stand for letters? I'm curious, highly curious into their meaning.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Nightcrawler's Tattoos

Post by HoodedMan »

Oh, are you talking about in the extended features of the DVD? Theoretically, they're not, but certain staff members may like to think of them as such. Or they could have misspoken. Or revealed an inside joke. Who knows...
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.