AMC's The Killing

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

AMC's The Killing

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So I've been checking out this show The Killing, and while I would love for it to be an ongoing tv series, I hope it finds its resolution quick as Breaking Bad did, or it at least has a planned mini-series to only return in maybe 3 seasons tops. Regardless, it's brilliant.

From the writing, to the acting, the cinematography and the music the show is a perfect harmonizing of various motifs. Noir, suspense, mystery, horror, politics, and social proclamations. This has everything.

The overall premise of the show is as follows:
WIKIPEDIA wrote:
The first season covers the first two weeks of the investigation and has three main storylines: the police investigation into Rosie's murder, the attempts of her family to deal with their grief, and the fluctuating electoral fortunes of a political campaign that becomes embroiled in the case.
Believe it or not, there's a lot here. This sounds like a mere 2 hour movie, but they do a splendid job of drawing it out.