Learn German with Kurt. :)

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
SusuChan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by SusuChan »

Hey guys. I just thought about a little project I could start on Youtube. :)
Cuz in the X-men Evo Series and the X-men movie are no translations of kurt's german sentences/words he speaks. Also in the comics...
What about learning a little German while watching a movie clip with me cosplaying Nightcrawler? XDDD
I think it would be kinda fun...so how do u think about it? :?
"Mein Name ist Kurt Wagner....Aber im Münch'ner Zirkus war ich bekannt als der Unglaubliche Nightcrawler!"

~ Kurt Wagner
gambitXkurt
Lubber
Lubber

Post by gambitXkurt »

hey great idea ^-^ i would like to learn some words/sentences which kurt had said :) please rec. a few vids *_*
"Schulde ich dir Geld?.... Gut, dann bin ich Remy LeBeau"

~Gambit
SusuChan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by SusuChan »

Dunno. The first sentences in Evo are kinda translated....Kurt says the english meaning quite a second after the german sentence. Maybe I could start with the right pronounciation of his name.

Kurt. Just such a little name...and totally prounounced wrong in X-Men Evolution. XD Every time I hear his name I have to laugh. :*D Especially when Kitty calls him. Horrible!

[Edited on 28/6/11 by SusuChan]
"Mein Name ist Kurt Wagner....Aber im Münch'ner Zirkus war ich bekannt als der Unglaubliche Nightcrawler!"

~ Kurt Wagner
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Post by Starfish »

Hehehe, yeah, that sounds like a cool project! Sometimes I get impressed with Marvel using correct German language in their comics. Most often, though, not so much... :D
"The secondary penis slides into view. And they all lived happily ever after."
Kieron Gillen
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

I did use youtube to check some of my pronunciations when I was going over some Korean so it can definitely be useful for such things and your approach would also appeal to younger learners which is always nice.
SusuChan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by SusuChan »

Yeah..but often they spell it wrong...and grammar errors. XDD Like "Vas?" instead of "Was?". And the way Kurt talks German in Evo sounds kinda....wrong. :?
"At least I don't reek like unwashed Lederhosen."... even I coudn't hear the "Lederhosen"-part because he pronounced the word rally weird. :(
More like Leiderhousen. XD If ya know what I mean...
And hey...what the hell is up with his name. :*) Why do the say it so wrong??? Poor Kurt....

~ Kurt Wagner
gambitXkurt
Lubber
Lubber

Post by gambitXkurt »

hey ^-^ which version do u cosplay in this vids? teen kurt or the kurt from the movie? :?
"Schulde ich dir Geld?.... Gut, dann bin ich Remy LeBeau"

~Gambit
SusuChan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by SusuChan »

Hmmm... I think the Evolution Kurt would work better for me. But not his 'superhero'-suit thingy.
I prefer his normal blue and fuzzy appearance with his regular clothes. :)
That would be fine.
I look a little bit too female for the other versions...the original film version. Also the comic style. -_-
Which version do u personally prefer? :?

~ Kurt Wagner