And more X-movies yet to come...

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b122724_ ... o_Go_.html

So here's the list:

-Deadpool
-Wolverine in Japan
-Gambit

I am all over this! Yah!
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I don't know if I'd be up for a Gambit movie... I just have a weird feeling...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

What's the difference between Gambit and any other generic gentleman thief in movies and books again? Oh, right, his eyes... :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Oh shush you. Point is that comic book movies are far from being over - they are just gathering steam.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Bicep Addict
Nightscrawlearth Character: :rogue :monet :multiple :leech :sinister

Post by Esynthia »

WHEEE! :D
ImageImage

Remy: he feels lust for everyone
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

I'm down for all that!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I want to see a Gambit movie.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

They're also doing and X-Men: First Class movie and a Magneto prequel. Don't forget about those! :bounce
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

I'm wondering how they will shoehorn Wolverine into the X-Men: First Class movie :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Freak wrote:I'm wondering how they will shoehorn Wolverine into the X-Men: First Class movie :shifty
Then it'd be a REAL Marvel comic movie. In fact, shoehorn him into every Marvel movie and it'll be just like the comics.

Methinks I'll be saving my money...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Roxanne_Selkina_Raven
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Roxanne_Selkina_Raven »

A Gambit movie sounds cool.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

A Gambit movie *would* be cool, but it could never be done right now that they've given him a twenty year gap on Rogue and it seems like they skipped over the Guild, but who knows?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

bah. as much as I love Rogue and ROMY, you don't need Rogue to make a Gambit Origins :P

They didn't skip over the guild... they just didn't show anything about it. Taylor's said in interviews that he wants to go darker with Gambit if they do a movie. He wants to do the guild stuff :clap
ImageImage

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I dunno...

I'll remain skeptical but this much I will say, a Logan in japan movie.... better not star Tom Cruise and involve turn of the century technology invading feudal samurai japanese mountain villages. :shifty
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Esynthia
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Esynthia »

When are you *not* skeptical?
ImageImage

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It's hard to think of a time when I am not, I tend to be with most things.

However I am not skeptical as to the awesomeness of the hangover. :D
Swizz the Wolf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Swizz the Wolf »

Nandireya wrote:
Then it'd be a REAL Marvel comic movie. In fact, shoehorn him into every Marvel movie and it'll be just like the comics.

Methinks I'll be saving my money...
I think I'm with Nandireya on this one. Good grief.
"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."--Oscar Wilde
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

Ok, I lost the link to where I read this, but it seems the kid that played young Scott in the Wolverine movie announced on his twitter that he'll start shooting X-Men: First Class in 2010.

Also, this: http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/10/16/x- ... -as-model/

The creators of this movie want to use the Harry Potter movies (the darker ones) as a model for what they want to do with First Class. Which is weird, but might work if done coorectly. Only I fear they will not.

Oooh, imagine a film version of Evo! That I would totally pay to see.

Or, God forbid, a teenage X-Men film with a teen WOLVERINE. That would be hilarious. And original, since as far as I know Wolverine has NEVER appeared as a teen in any incarnation of the comics or movies or whatever, he's always one of the adults.
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
LIV4TheObsession
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by LIV4TheObsession »

wizardelfgirl wrote:

Or, God forbid, a teenage X-Men film with a teen WOLVERINE. That would be hilarious. And original, since as far as I know Wolverine has NEVER appeared as a teen in any incarnation of the comics or movies or whatever, he's always one of the adults.
Acctually they do have something like that already.

http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/manga ... 0345505163

I think I'll pass on the Evo movie though thank you.
DeviantArt: http://liv4theobsession.deviantart.com/

"Your life is not back and white but it is the million shades of grey that make you who you are." ~ Unknown
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

LIV4TheObsession wrote:
wizardelfgirl wrote:

Acctually they do have something like that already.

http://www.randomhouse.com/delrey/manga ... 0345505163

I think I'll pass on the Evo movie though thank you.
OOOOHHH!!! I can't believe there is a Teen!Wolverine comic. I'm not surprised it's manga-style, though, as manga tends to have more teen characters than adults so it figures.

First Class is shaping up to be a sort of dark Evo film, I think.
~Twitch~

We are what we are Scott--wishing won't change a blessed thing. Nor will feeling sorry for yourself. I learned very early on that I must either accept what I am, or go mad. And though I am now occasionally crazy, I am not mad. If you keep tearing your guts apart every time you think the world's shafted you, my friend, you'll destroy not only yourself, but those who love you.
Wish-I-Had-A-Tail
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Summer Movie Writing Challenge Winner

Post by Wish-I-Had-A-Tail »

eeeeeewwwwww a teen wolverine!
ah, is first class going to be animated? And are all the X-men going to be in it? e.g. psylocke? Emma frost? I would LOVE to see emma frost in a movie form.
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

[rquote=33693877&tid=12041&author=Wish-I-Had-A-Tail]eeeeeewwwwww a teen wolverine!
ah, is first class going to be animated? And are all the X-men going to be in it? e.g. psylocke? Emma frost? I would LOVE to see emma frost in a movie form.[/rquote]

No, First Class will be a live-action film, what I meant is that the film will feature younger versions of the X-Men and it seems it will focus on their school years at Xavier's.

I've no idea of which characters will appear in the movie but the actor that played Scott in the Wolverine movie said he would start shooting in 2010. Whether this will happen or not is yet to be seen, as the creators want to make a franchise out of this and thus need to choose young actors that will grow with the movies, à la Harry Potter.
~Twitch~

Wish-I-Had-A-Tail
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat
Title: Summer Movie Writing Challenge Winner

Post by Wish-I-Had-A-Tail »

Ah, sounds interesting. THough, I didn't like the kid playing Scott in the Wolverine movie. He was too thin. If they have them growing a la harry potter, how long will the movies go on for, as there is no discernible end to the x-men in sight?
wizardelfgirl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by wizardelfgirl »

They will last as long as people pay to see them, I guess. And if they do the movies right, people will keep watching them for a long time yet :LOL

I liked the Wolverine movie. Yes, I admit it has all the flaws that many have mentioned in many posts, but I still got entertained and amused and excited, and the plot was fairly developed. X3 was exciting too but the plot was stupid and the characters' personalities were thrown to the trash.
~Twitch~

Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

My one problem with a First Class movie?

I'm guessing no Nightcrawler.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.