No more Mystique

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

No more Mystique

Post by wolviechickie »

here this is,

Romijn-Stamos, who plays Mystique, says she will be happy when the shoot ends as it takes as long as eight hours each day to apply her blue body make up.

"Half-way through the shoot we got it down to six hours and then last week we actually got it applied in just under four hours.

"The prosthetics can't be reused which is why it takes so long. By the time I'm ready to do my scenes, I feel as if I've already put in a day's work."

She is not the only one to undergo the tortuous blue make-up routine.

"Alan Cumming plays Nightcrawler in this sequel and Mystique is his mother. I had to explain all this to him. He had no idea why he was being painted blue."

Though there have been whispers of a second X-Men sequel, Romijn-Stamos says she has "not been signed any further than this. I'm excited that I have a more expanded role in X-men 2, but I don't think I'd like to go through this makeup thing yet again."

Want more go up http://www.canoe.ca/JamMovies/oct22_stamos-sun.html

but dont worry about the title and first report...its weird:shame::oops::eek::shocked:

also go on this site for the set stuff
http://www.canoe.ca/JamMoviesXMen/xmen_021024-sun.html
Malice
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

No more Mystique

Post by Malice »

I read about that too. It would be a shame if Mystique didn't return for X3, but I can totally understand why she feels that way. It must be extremely tiring to go through all that make-up day after day. Poor girl. :(
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#4

"Are you ever wrong?"
"I thought I was once ...but it turned out I was wrong."
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

No more Mystique

Post by kurtlover »

yep, she got tired i guess, i've read that also, but thanks anyway :)
Nyssane
Lubber
Lubber

No more Mystique

Post by Nyssane »

I don't mind that she's not returning. All I saw her as in the first movie was a ploy to drag perverted pre-teens in to see her nakedness. The character was as boring as Sabretooth and Toad.
:phantazia:The Forgotten One: Phantazia:phantazia:

MONSTRA WILL SMASH YOU ALL!
KF
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

No more Mystique

Post by KF »

I think she did alright - I mean, considering all she did was to make perv teen boys more perverted... Meh. She needs the break from the blueness, I supoose. Just hope Alan doesn't feel the same way.

-KF
"Remove your tail or I'll bite it off- Ooo! Blueberry!"
T.J. Wagner
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

No more Mystique

Post by T.J. Wagner »

Mystique is truly my favorite X-Villian and I'm kind-of sad that see does want to do X3. I can also see Rebecca's side. Getting up so early and walking around in that make-up would have to be uncomfrontable (I really hope they put some clothing on her in X2). I wonder if they're going to kill her off in X2 or replace Rebecca with someone else. :?
* The Light of Evenstar * Guitar Picks (A Chamber Messageboard) *

"Does the outward shell really matter so much more than the soul that resides within?"
-Nightcrawler (X-Treme #18)

Feeling Blue?
:mystique: :bamf: :nocturne:
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

No more Mystique

Post by wolviechickie »

Originally posted by Nyssane
I don't mind that she's not returning. All I saw her as in the first movie was a ploy to drag perverted pre-teens in to see her nakedness. The character was as boring as Sabretooth and Toad.
Dats a bit rough:?
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

No more Mystique

Post by jogurt »

Originally posted by KF
I think she did alright - I mean, considering all she did was to make perv teen boys more perverted... Meh. She needs the break from the blueness, I supoose. Just hope Alan doesnt feel the same way.

-KF
Thanks for the flowers- I like mystique and i like also the movie mystique and...yes of course ...i like the costume too- hey its cool. I also understand that it is a hard procedure and her feelings about ...but if she change her mind she wouldn´t be the first actor who said first: "Never again"and change the mind after a while...
Im very curios about the whole Film!!!!!
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

No more Mystique

Post by Crawler »

I thought that the characterization of the Brotherhood in the first movie was totally off and I hope to see much more of a sadistic, sinister, plotting Mystique this time around. However, I'm not sure that Rebecca can pull off the intelligent part of the character.

We shall see.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

No more Mystique

Post by Garble »

I didn't think too much of Mystique's intelligence until she took over as Sen. Kelly. It showed she's sneaky and not dependant on Magneto...

If you think about it, she actually did quite a lot in the last movie.
Luring & Subduing Senetor Kelly, Booby-trapping Cerebro, Getting Rogue to runaway, Repeatedly fooling the X-Men, being the only one to escape at the end...
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

No more Mystique

Post by Crawler »

But still...she did some smart things but never *seemed* intelligent...hard to explain, I guess.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
ac0demon
Lubber
Lubber

No more Mystique

Post by ac0demon »

i don't think stamos excudes the intelligent look of mystique but the character :mystique: saves herself by showing her intelligence through her acts; tampering with cerebro, deceiving kelly, etc.

i don't mind her not sticking around for x3. it's time for some new heavy hitting villains to make an appearance such as mr. sinister :sinister:
My SITES:
...::www.JebeTaru.com::...
Unstuck in a cookie cutter world!

----------------------------------------------
****City of Heroes****
----------------------------------------------

( ) ( )( ) ( )http://www.bubblegum-girl.com( ) ( )( ) ( )
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

No more Mystique

Post by Erynne »

I'm sure she'd do it again if she had to. By the time the movie's out and all the cast parties are over and everyone's gone home, she'll remember the fun she had and the makeup thing won't seem half as bad as now. I bet she'll be back. Plus they'll probably offer her a bigger paycheck, and I'm sure if she refused to do another one, they could make someone else look like her.
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

No more Mystique

Post by Magic Rabbit »

Thanks for the link and info WC. I would hate it if Mystique didn’t show up in X3 but I do understand that it must be hard on Romijn-Stamos. 8 hours! Yikes! But since she really is under tons of makeup maybe they can recast another actress – provided that Mystique is written into the X3 script (when it gets written).
"If we crash I can't win!" - Speed Racer

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

:blossom :bubbles :buttercup
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

No more Mystique

Post by kurtlover »

btw i read in the Wizard (yes i finally got it!) than for the Shirltless scene, they did Alan's make up in 12 hours! :eek:
NightcrawlersLove
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

No more Mystique

Post by NightcrawlersLove »

"lend me your ears and i shall tell you a story" well how about lending a voice???? maybe if she doesn't return ( who knows sorta like DD not returning to the x-files when indeed he did :) ) can not we just use her voice and some really really hot cgi? i know they used it in some scenes for xm1 and for spider man but couldn't they do that for misty?
"Sure call me weird,but compared to you i'm normal!"
~NightcrawlersLove
[p]
Corner of the Crawler
[p]
Griffin Flight Models
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

No more Mystique

Post by Garble »

When you consider how much of Mystique was stunt work, and how most of the time she was in disguise, Rebecca really wasn't in the movie much...

I wonder if they'll show her morphing into someone this time. (In the first movie, we only ever see her morphing back to her original form.)
NightcrawlersLove
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

No more Mystique

Post by NightcrawlersLove »

now that would be sweet, tho not a feamale a male, maybe wolvie lol or even kurt himself.........
"Sure call me weird,but compared to you i'm normal!"
~NightcrawlersLove
[p]
Corner of the Crawler
[p]
Griffin Flight Models
Magic Rabbit
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

No more Mystique

Post by Magic Rabbit »

:LOL:

After seeing The Twin Towers and Gollem, I think that both Mystique and Nightcrawler could become CGI effects without any of us knowing the difference. LOL
"If we crash I can't win!" - Speed Racer

:bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny :bunny

:blossom :bubbles :buttercup
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

No more Mystique

Post by Frumious Bandersnatch »

Oh we'd know, we'd know...
Ayee! Look! Its a Boggie...and his frumious Bandersnitch!
Shouldnt that be Bandersnatch?
Nope...Too small

Never double date with a buddy who can teleport. He will vanish as soon as the bill arrives. Damn elf
~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

No more Mystique

Post by Erynne »

Yeah, CGing always looks kind of funky when they do it on human actors. I mean, look at some of the movies where they do it....LOTR, Harry Potter.....the actors, well, the CGs, just don't look right.
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

No more Mystique

Post by SheCat »

No fret, Romijn-Stamos is signed for X3! And so are Cumming, Jackman, Paquin, Ashmore, Marsden and

SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janssen is coming back as Jean Grey, So is Kelly Hu for Yuriko/Lady Deathstrike/Psycho Cyborg Vengeance Girl Who Is So Totally Cool And I Wish I Had Her Claws!
I can't figure out why my smilies won't work...
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
"Everything I still want I just now prayed for." -Kreon, Antigone :cry
Viceroy of the Black Tom Appreciation Society
"You act like I know what day of the week it is." ~Patchy
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

No more Mystique

Post by SheCat »

I hate CGs. So fakey. Please.

"Ah'm selfish! I want better and so should you!" Rogue as Gambit is on the verge of death, X-Treme X-Men Vol. 2
"I throw de cards, de cards go BOOM! End of bad guy, end of story." -Gambit, X-Treme
From the Strange and Twisted Mind of Emmy-Jay / Enter the Patchverse...:respectgambit
NightPoofer
Navigator
Navigator

No more Mystique

Post by NightPoofer »

CG characters look compeletely fake. They might as well make puppets for all I care if they did that on any actors. At first I didn't know how Kelly Hu was gonna be in the next X-men movie. Then again, they'll probably center all the story on Logan AGAIN!!! Do some flashbacks of her and stuff. They should center it on someone else! Logan isn't as cool as Nightcrawler! Oooo I have claws and I'm tough! At least Nightcrawler has a really good backround instead of "I was in a lab! blah blah blah!" (sorry, I just think Wolverine is overrated) And Psycho Cyborg SheCat?
SheCat
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

No more Mystique

Post by SheCat »

Not Psycho Cyborg. Just the claws. And the determination for vengeance.
As for her part, she got jipped.
In the X2 book she survived the adamantium due to her cybernetic implants. It's possible she'll be back.