Deadpool Spin-Off

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Deadpool Spin-Off

Post by steyn »

stupid captcha made me double post and look like a shmuck on that link.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Deadpool Spin-Off

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Bamfing_Bob wrote:yeah, reynolds is awesome. In another interview he said he is very involved in the scripting process and is making sure they stay true to his character. He's a total badass.
Of course! He's Canadian! :D
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Deadpool Spin-Off

Post by steyn »

Apparently Deadpool WILL break the fourth wall, here's an old article: :cracked CLICK ME :cracked
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Deadpool Spin-Off

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So, they asked Robert Rodriguez to direct DEADPOOL. He's behind Sin City, among alot of other awesome movies. Google him or something. What do you think about it? I'm just glad there was any news at all to end this dry spell... and I think he'd do great. Sidenote: He has a sexy first name... just saying...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Deadpool Spin-Off

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I think his last name is the sexy part, actually.
Reminds me of a certain loud-mouthed robot... Bender Bending Rodriguez.

But, that said--I think a Deadpool movie might be over doing it unless it's achieved correctly and if anyone can do it the way DP fans wanna see, it's Rodriguez.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Mistress_D
Lubber
Lubber

Deadpool Spin-Off

Post by Mistress_D »

Ooh, I love Robert Rodriguez! Pretty cool and kinda ironic to see some news, in my last class, one of my classmates was a huge Deadpool fan and for the final, made a movie poster for him! If Rodriguez directs, I'll definitely see it!

And for a sexy name, (not necessarily a sexy man), I like Guillermo del Torro, my favorite director of all! :D
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Deadpool Spin-Off

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Script leaked. read review. discuss.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Chaos
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Mr. President
Nightscrawlearth Character: :venom :spidey etc.

Deadpool Spin-Off

Post by Chaos »

THIS.

Is quite possibly the best idea Marvel have offered since Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. (y)

PRESIDENTIAL SEAL OF APPROVAL (OF DEATH)! xxx
"I've met dozens like you. Skipped off home early, minor graft jobs here and there. Spent some time in lock-up too, I'll warrant; but less than you claim. And now you're, what, a petty theif with delusions of standing? Sad little king of a sad little hill..." - River Tam, 'Firefly'

Achievements: ImageImageImage
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Deadpool Spin-Off

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So, I haven't read the script, yet I read the review, and I must say wow. Just wow. I am even more pumped for the movie, and I didn't think that was possible...
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Deadpool Spin-Off

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Tim Miller has been set as the director. The same Tim Miller who did the VFX for X2. Just thought I'd post
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Re: Deadpool Spin-Off

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So, I thought I'd start this thread back up because alot has happened in the last couple weeks concerning the Deadpool Movie. This is what we have:

Announced to premiere 02-12-16
Directed by Tim Miller
Written by Reese and Wernick
All but confirmed Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool
"Deadpool" is the only working title we know of, but it could change

I can believe it's been over five years since I started this thread and it's finally happening. Talk about making us wait... Jeez...
Test footage and behind the scenes MoCap released
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm fenced. I'm not really sure this is a good idea unless X-Force is going to actually happen.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I believe they are doing this solo film so abruptly partially due to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy and how Marvel will be able to tie it into the greater MCU. Fox knows the demand for Deadpool, but I doubt they believed an entire franchise could center on the character. Now, they have seen first hand how a movie can be totally unique and unattached to an existing franchise, yet can fit in to a larger universe. I say they will do the following:

------------------------X-Men Apocolypse ------------> The Wolverine 2 (?) --------------------> \
---------------Deadpool -------------------------------------------------------> X-Force ------------>} ---> Some Big Crossover
Fantastic Four ------------------------------> Fantastic Four 2 ----------------------------------->/

Granted, this probably won't happen, but hey... you never know...
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So the amount of shit Ryan Reynolds has put out for this movie has a lot of people stoked. For good reason. He's clearly a fan... and even though I'm not a die-hard (or even luke-warm) Deadpool'er, I can see why people are getting jazzersized over this.

Some really great stuff has come out...

First the test footage came out which is... pretty intense for test footage. Harkens back to the Ant-Man stuff... [ZOMFG HOW EXCITED ARE YOU FOR ANT-MAN!?]

and then the April Fool's PG-13 discussion. You can see Reynolds clearly wants the character to be done right.

At least Marvel, even if it's through Fox (Fantastic Four) or Sony, have a better grip/understanding on their cinematic franchises than DC does right now.

That Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer? Totally driven on hype, delivers nothing in terms of context. It's all exposition. I have zero reason to believe this is going to be the dawn of anything other than the dawn of the dusk that will be DC film adaptations from WB.

Has anyone else seen this article from Hollywood Reporter? Competing scripts? No story driven theme to interconnect their multiple films?

It basically confirms everything I've said about DC since New-52 started up... They're burying themselves and it's a total shame but sort of gratifying.

I'm so sick of Batman. And I love Batman. I should want more. But I'm so tired of it.

ANYWAY- Back on topic here,...

DEADPOOL! ... Maybe. MAYBE, I'll be fully invested by the time it's out.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Good! The more support the film has, the better!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

I'm excited and scared about the movie. I really don't want them to screw it up, so here's hoping Ryan keeps a death grip on Deadpool's character and not let anyone screw around with him.

Asad0000
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Asad0000 »

Description: It has been confirmed by Ryan Reynolds himself that Cable will be making his way into Deadpool’s sequel. Who could play such a fantastic foil? Someone with gravitas for sure! How about Russell Crowe or Brad Pitt? Hmm... maybe not quite aging enough but they both fit the bill alright. Nathan Summers needs someone who can really bring out all the qualities we've come to know and love about him. Someone like...uhh...

Robert Downey, Jr.? That dude is pretty amazing! And he's got the chops to really go toe-to-toe with Ryan Reynolds. His take on Sherlock Holmes was damned near close enough for me and I'd love to see what he could do as Cable in Deadpool's sequel. Can you imagine it? Do you think those two would get along or be at each other’s throats from minute one? Either way....it would be so much fun watching them interact together!!