Bringing the X-Men home

The Marvel Cinematic Universe is just the beginning - talk Marvel on the big screen, small screen and everything in between. DC Cinematic Universe and independent comic creations are welcome, too - The Walking Dead, Preacher, etc.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Bringing the X-Men home

Post by Slarti »

With the purchase of Fox Studios by Disney, people are already working out how to bring the X-Men and Fantastic Four characters into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The Russo Brothers On Welcoming Deadpool, X-Men Into Marvel Universe

How do you think they should introduce these characters into the MCU?

Personally, I like this one.... they already have the main player in place, after all.

Scarlet Witch Can Bring X-Men Into MCU
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Re: Bringing the X-Men home

Post by Svartfreja »

I think they should come in as is, just mebber shield let them get on with their thing while they were busy fighting crazy aliens and mad robots XD and DP would be right there to make all of the retconning jokes that the fans will be wanting to make.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Starfish
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Many Sticky Hands

Re: Bringing the X-Men home

Post by Starfish »

With Avengers 4 supposedly making use of the quantum realm, it would certainly allow for a way to set up the introduction of the X-Men via something like alternate timeline shenanigans. I could imagine a post-credit scene setting up or at least hinting at the X-Men, but that depends on how quickly they want to move ahead, so I'm not holding my breath we'll get anything concrete just yet. Still, I expect there's a very good chance Avengers Endgame will introduce the concept of the larger Marvel multiverse (which was already hinting at in Doctor Strange), and that's what will ultimately allow them to write in the X-Men.

Though, I'd still love to see a random Deadpool cameo in the end credits.