Does Nighty have this power?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

I was reading some issues of X-men from a few years ago, catching up on some stuff I missed, and I got to the part where the gang is fighting the Neo. Multiple times, Nightcrawler acts as though he can "sense" the Neo teleporter every time she 'ports. Then, much more recently, in Nightcrawler #1, Nightcrawler mentions that Storm may want him to investigate the murder of the children because the culprit might also be a teleporter, in which case he might be able to understand him.

So... is this a legit power of his? To sense teleportation? I can't think of any other times this is mentioned other than these two arcs, but it's not like I've read everything. It's interesting though. I'd love it if he had this power. He'd have a whole new layer to his character, something new for writers to toy with. Does anyone know if it's been clarified he can do this?

[Edited on 5-16-07 by Feuerstein]
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I don't think there have been too many teleporters to try this with. And Mephisto doesn't really teleport w/o Kurt in Nightcrawler 12. I don't know... Who would we even ask about that? Marvel.com? Paty maybe...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Trigger
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Trigger »

I'm pretty sure that in Nightcrawler #1 he just meant that because he is a teleporter he would be able to see that person's point of view better. It never mentioned him actually being able to "sense" anything. That would be pretty cool though...
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

He and the X-men were up against the Vanisher in Casey's run, but I don't remember any instance where that power would have showed itself. I think the only time they really met was in the 2001 annual and then Vanisher was right in front of them when he teleported away. The rest of the time, he was dealt with by Angel and Iceman and Stacy X.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Ok, I want to know what's up with the Neo then. Because he does say "I sensed the teleporter" or something similar, and then when he and Wolvie are inside the church, he says, "The teleported just jaunted." But my guess would be it was just a quirk of the writer's that was never again touched. ~_^

I think I like it though. Good fanfic material. :whistle

Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by Feuerstein
Ok, I want to know what's up with the Neo then. Because he does say "I sensed the teleporter" or something similar, and then when he and Wolvie are inside the church, he says, "The teleported just jaunted." But my guess would be it was just a quirk of the writer's that was never again touched. ~_^

I think I like it though. Good fanfic material. :whistle

I don't know about that. It could very well be touched upon again, I think. After all, there aren't that many teleporting enemies out there and thus, no scene so far has really disproved it. That I can recall, at least.
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Entropy »

It's possible that he might sense something if they teleport through the same dimension. If i remember correctly there is an older story where Crawler and Vanishers teleporting powers interfere w/ each other (i believe at the time they both were thought to use the same dimension) and they both end up someplace different.

Also in Spider-Man/Black Cat: The Evil That Men Do, Crawler is called in for advice about a teleporter. I cannot recall any specifics about what he said, but you could check there.

I'd say its possible that he can indeed sense the 'porter if they do use the same dimension.
Dave, your creations brought joy to my life and inspired my imagination. R.I.P.

Insanity is all in the mind...
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Awesome. FANFIC FOOD.

Hey, you're icon's cool! What issue is it from?