X-Force General Discussion Thread

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Anyone reading Uncanny?? What's Kurt up to??

Decided to top this and make a general "Whats he doing?" so we can all keep up with our favorite elf, even if we're not reading ;)

[Edited on 27/3/07 by NachtcGleiskette]

[Edited on 30/8/11 by Crawler for cleanliness and a change in the topic of the thread]

[Edited on 8-30-2011 by Crawler]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Not much atm :shifty

No, really. The actual 'Rise and Fall of the Shiar' stuff is mainly about Xavier (bit boring), Rachel and her new lover Korvus (Sayajin rip-off :D), and the 'newbies' Darwin and Warpath (now, those two are cool).

Kurt just jumps around through some panels every now and then, only action shots, nothing character related :shakeno. No good plot for elf lovers.

But after the arc we will have the Morlocks. And Storm. Pretty good stuff :D
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

LOL, that's kinda all I saw in my skim and rant mission the other day. :bamf "Ach! Rachel, the X-Men do not kill!" :bamf

Of course, anything based around a third Summers brother gets an immediate wince from me. :P
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

I cry with every new issue where he's only got a two-second cameo.

I like the plot - I really do. I just wish there was more character interaction. Particularly for my main elf, whose been so thrown out of character since Oh-so-holy Austen or, arguably, since the whole me-want-to-be-blue-priesty thing began.

I have high hopes for the Morlock arc. High, high hopes. That, sadly, don't include Rachel hanging with him. :cry *kurrachel shipper*

Off topic: :bunny CUTE!!!
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

I want my wet dream of a Wolverine/Nightcrawler mini to come true. I say they both need a vacation at this point. Have them go off somewhere together in order to reflect on stuff and just hang out. Naturally, hijinks and adventure would ensue and in the end, there would be character development. Kurt would be swashbuckling again. Wolverine would be...I don't know. Better. Doesn't matter.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Indeed, mein freund. I remember one comic during Excalibur's period that was like that, but for the life of me I don't know what series it was in or the author or anything. The art sucked and the plot wasn't great, but the bonding and reflection between Wolvie and Elfie was to die for. If anyone can tell me what issue that was, I'd be eternally grateful!

Both Kurt and Logan have been through so much in a very recent stretch of time, and haven't had any chances to recover from it. What better way to do that than to vacation with your best friend? (Note that the issues of Wolverine that included Kurt were drawn by the one and only Darick Robertson! Fifty bucks says he forced the writer to add Kurti. ;) ) Beyond that, in his own series, Wolverine's been driving me a little bit crazy with his sudden burst of I'm-invincible-ness. Wolvie being unbeatable is nothing new, but I really feel the writers have taken his healing factor way overboard. Wolvie's lost some of his charm for me because he's all muscle and adamantium and angsty tragic past that, we know, will have little to no influence on his performance in other titles. -.- A cheery boys-hanging-out mini would totally reconcile me with him. :poke
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by Feuerstein
Indeed, mein freund. I remember one comic during Excalibur's period that was like that, but for the life of me I don't know what series it was in or the author or anything. The art sucked and the plot wasn't great, but the bonding and reflection between Wolvie and Elfie was to die for. If anyone can tell me what issue that was, I'd be eternally grateful!
You might be talking about Marvel Comics Presents #101-108? Written by Scott Lobdell and drawn by Gene Colan? The '95 Wolverine annual also took place during Excalibur.
Both Kurt and Logan have been through so much in a very recent stretch of time, and haven't had any chances to recover from it. What better way to do that than to vacation with your best friend? (Note that the issues of Wolverine that included Kurt were drawn by the one and only Darick Robertson! Fifty bucks says he forced the writer to add Kurti. ;) )
Wouldn't surprise me, no. But hey, it's not like his presence wasn't justified. Logan needed to talk and who better to talk to?
Beyond that, in his own series, Wolverine's been driving me a little bit crazy with his sudden burst of I'm-invincible-ness. Wolvie being unbeatable is nothing new, but I really feel the writers have taken his healing factor way overboard.
Oh yes. I remember back in the old days where Kurt would have to patch Logan up. He even called Logan an "idiot" at one point for rushing off and getting himself more hurt when he was still recovering from previous injuries. I'd like to hear Kurt call Logan an idiot more often. It feels more real than the constant "my friend" the writers put in his mouth.
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

You might be talking about Marvel Comics Presents #101-108? Written by Scott Lobdell and drawn by Gene Colan? The '95 Wolverine annual also took place during Excalibur.
That could be it. I don't think UXM.net has much info on MCP yet, which would explain why I couldn't find the reference. I'll check out the annual if I can find it. Thanks, now I have parameters for the search!

Oh yes, his presence was justified. I didn't mean to imply that Robertson's wishes were the only reason our elf was included. Writers are smarter than that. ;) I absolutely adored each of the issues he appeared in... more than the others! And it's neat to see the definite change in Robertson's art style from there until Nightcrawler's solo series.

And in closing... Kurt should call Wolvie "DUMMKOPF." :D
Daycrawler
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Daycrawler »

Yes, yesterday I was about to buy some more Uncanny comics, but since I saw very little of Kurt, it hurt and so I didn't buy any. I want comics with a lot of Nighty and or Nocturne in them!!!
ImageBeing alone in a world filled with people is a horrible feeling
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Marvel.com has created a "no boys allowed" board for the purpose of finding out what we ladies want in our comic books. So, if you want more Kurt :kiss, a Wolverine/Nightcrawler mini :poke, or Kurt with swords :engarde, you could post your wishes there. Who knows, it might work?

I posted in the "Ladies...why do you read comics?" thread.

[Edited on 4/4/07 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Freak »

Originally posted by neling4
Marvel.com has created a "no boys allowed" board for the purpose of finding out what we ladies want in our comic books. So, if you want more Kurt :kiss, a Wolverine/Nightcrawler mini :poke, or Kurt with swords :engarde, you could post your wishes there. Who knows, it might work?

I feel oficially discriminated as a man now :(
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Sorry Freak. :cry

The idea, I believe, is that Marvel already knows what guys want in their comics. They don't know what we ladies want, so.......we get our own board!:dance

I love these smilies!
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Ooh, Neling, thanks for the info! I'll definitely check that out. Wow... makes me happy :party
Daycrawler
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Daycrawler »

Originally posted by neling4

Most go and find more information about that...
ImageBeing alone in a world filled with people is a horrible feeling
kurtc
Lubber
Lubber

Post by kurtc »

I'm off for the rest of the day. I'm doing laundry and gonna read the rest of this weeks comics.:tonguewag
Puffin
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Puffin »

Hopefully, Kurt will be one of the returning X-Men after RAFOTSE and he'll have a bigger role in Bru's next arc.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Heya, Puffin, welcome to Scrawlers! Yep, I'm looking forward to starting that book again after that arc is complete.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by Puffin
Hopefully, Kurt will be one of the returning X-Men after RAFOTSE and he'll have a bigger role in Bru's next arc.
Bru's said the main characters in the next arc will be Nightcrawler, Warpath and...I don't remember. Caliban, maybe.
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Freak »

Originally posted by love_of_bob
Bru's said the main characters in the next arc will be Nightcrawler, Warpath and...I don't remember. Caliban, maybe.
Storm :P
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Originally posted by Freak
Originally posted by love_of_bob
Storm :P
She wasn't said to be in the center of the arc, but I have a feeling that she will be anyway, yes.*sigh*
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Well, she's still technically leader of the Morlocks. Callisto never won the position back; Storm gave it to her.

I look forward to their meeting again.

But mostly I look forward to Kurti being in a situation a little more congenial to his character than outer space. :hang
kurtc
Lubber
Lubber

Post by kurtc »

Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

HOT.

Why is Warpath suddenly so important?

Oh well.

HOT!!!!
kurtc
Lubber
Lubber

Post by kurtc »

he had the flashlight knife
Cadbury
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Cadbury »

Originally posted by kurtc
Whoa! That cover! It looks like there will be something to look forward to with that particular issue. Have I missed it yet? Bloody late night hours on the job and I miss everything. :

[Edited on 13/6/07 by Cadbury]