X-Force General Discussion Thread

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Nope, that's next month's issue
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

He's also getting a ton of facetime in Ultimate X-Men. It looks like he will be joining the team again, or trying.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Cadbury
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Cadbury »

Thanks for the information, all. I will certainly be off and shopping now.
stupidusername
Lubber
Lubber

Post by stupidusername »

As you may already know...... Nightcrawler's appearance on the cover of the most recent issue is misleading. He is NOT investigating the Morlock tunnels with Storm and Warpath. That furry cat person from the Starjammers is, instead. (I can't spell her name) They said something about too many furry people for that particular story arc. (just kidding, that's an X3 joke)

What Nightcrawler is actually doing is both better and worse than what is shown on the cover. Nightcrawler is travelling with Charles Xavier to find Magneto. This is better than running around in the tunnels because it puts Nightcrawler in the front row for the next plot when they do find Magneto. It is worse because until then, he is stuck on the sidelines with little action and even less panels.

In a couple of issues, they should find Magneto and that's when the fun should start. I don't know what, but something. Magneto is a catalyst for action and change. Once he appears, he should start something. And Kurt will be right there for it.

But until then it is probably only a couple of pages or panels per book. :(
"It's nice to know I'm not the only one with a wealth of worthless knowledge" Huey Freeman
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

This month, Nightcrawler still does... almost nothing.
Since the end of his solo series, it's kind of depressing... :X

He's not in Ultimate anymore, and is only used by Brubaker as Xavier's sidekick.
Sigh !...
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

Well, I liked him better in the one-shot than in Bru's other issues, but then, it was a scenario where his compassion (the one trait Bru knows to give him) was sorely needed. I appreciated seeing him holding the traumatized mom in his arms, bamfing people to safety, praying for the babies and even comforting Angel.
Especially with the others just walking around saying "damn it" and looking like an ad for cologne.

Plus, Kurt and Logan boxing = fangirl points from me.

Bru loses points, though, for the "What do you mean?" line. Exposition is one thing, exposition at the expense of a character's intelligence is quite another. Booo.
benjai
Lubber
Lubber

Post by benjai »

...I wish I didn't live in Sweden so I could read these comics too :bawl
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

same here....except I'm stuck on the other side of the world
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

In X-men #205:

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

Storm, Wolverine, Angel, Colossus and Kurt attacked Sinister and his cohorts in their base in Antarctica, aided by the astral projection of Emma. Things went pretty well until Emma got distracted by a distress call from the New X-men and was promptly locked out by Sinister who then proceeded to turn the tide on the X-men.
Kurt did the following during the battle:

- punched Riptide

- teleported away with Exodus and dumped him in the snow in the nearby mountains (uhm...wasn't Exodus supposed to be a super-powerful teleporter, among other things? Didn't feel QUITE right...)

- saved Logan from getting permanently fried by Karima. He had gotten tricked by Lady M into touching Scrambler, turning off his healing factor. Karima's first blast turned him into a blistered, smoldering mess. Kurt teleported in and knocked down Karima and kicked Lady M in the face :thumbup before they could blast him a second time. When Logan tried to pass on information to him about the mutant baby, however...

- Scalphunter took the opportunity to shoot Kurt in the back with a 9mm fluted hollowpoint bullet. He managed to teleport out into the snow with Logan. Last thing we saw, he was lying in the snow with - I would presume - a gaping exit wound in his chest.

[Edited on 3/12/07 by love_of_bob]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

All I can say about that is that in the unlikely event that Kurt dies, so will my weekly habit of buying X-books.

[Edited on 3/12/2007 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

FYI Kurt's in the Feb solicits.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

just on a cover, tho, right?
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, where does Giant Size Astonishing fit in continuity, if at all? Because he's on that cover, too.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

Yeah, that's true. Astonishing continuity is so weird right now...

I don't think Nighty's going anywhere anyway, I just don't think his being on the Uncanny cover ensures he'll be active.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

see that's why I only read ultimate.

But kurt's getting so little time in there. Last UltX issue I got, he was running around looking for the Morlocks, and this was a LONG while ago. (month or two...) so I have no idea where he's at now, but X-men seems to be having the most convoluted continuity problems right now. Has kurt been involved in this sudden arrival of the latest Summers Sibling?
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Feuerstein »

In Uncanny? He was a member of the team that went to deal with Vulcan in space. He's back on earth now, though. Havok and Rachel and Lorna are still in space with Vulcan.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

It's all moshed together now because of the crossover. Where one leaves off, the other takes up without regard for who is supposed to be where. He's in a lot more than just astonishing now.

Well. Till he took that bullet. We'll see now. I doubt very much he's dead.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I wouldn't put it past Marvel to ruin another character with death or even worse a near death experience. If he goes back to that nutty-nut religiously dark place again, right before that arch where he discovered he was never made a priest, I think I might flip out....like a ninja.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I thought it was rumored that they'd do the opposite and restore his fun-loving, swashbuckling side.

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

They are near killing a lot of people so far. Sam, Gambit, some of the new x-men, blindfold...it'd be too much to angst out over all of them. At least that's what I figure. :)

Paws
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well hell they brought Colossus back....and phoenix again too right? And isn't apocalypse :poccy making a new debut, in search for some horsemen, or is that just an online humorous "summary" i saw. In all honesty, the may figure "if we bring these ones back, it'll be okay if we take these ones out." but lordy lord, what a mistake it is if they mess with our Elf.

:flame RAWR!!

-:spidey

[Edited on 5/12/07 by Ult_Sm86]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

Poccy already came back. Lorna, sunfire, gambit and some one else that I'm blanking on got to be the horsemen. Sunfire and Gambit splintered off and ended up with sinny, Lorna was taken back by the x-men and if I remember correctly she was basically all 'screw you guys' and left.

Sunfire got to stay normal. Gambit got turned into some black corpsy thing with white hair and gas powers. GAS powers. Sigh. At lease Sinny undid that, so he's good for something. LOL

Paws
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
Poccy already came back. Lorna, sunfire, gambit and some one else that I'm blanking on got to be the horsemen.
Gazer

And promise. He's not dying. *has inside info*
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
german_gremlin
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by german_gremlin »

::dance

Does any one know the whole history of Kymeri?
"Hand over your beautiful venches, Captain Eagle...or face the wrath of the Dread Pirate Bluetail!"
Nightcrawler: "...I'm fine ...why are the gypsies dancing the lambada --?" #UXM 366
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
Gambit got turned into some black corpsy thing with white hair and gas powers. GAS powers.
He probably had those gas powers from before. That jambalaya certainly packs a punch.

-e