Nighty's gettng a girlfriend!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by Tabitha »

I thought I already discuss that....
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Stormwatch »

Originally posted by Tabitha
I thought I already discuss that....
Besides you, as what, your a minor. I'll go with Jean Grey, she needs another hunk lusting over her, and besides, he can actually put some fun into her life ;)
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

as for existing characters that i'd like to see with Nighty they are one of the following:

Kitty Pryde
Cecilia Reyes
Cerise
silvermouse
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by silvermouse »

What about a girl from just anywhere in reality or fiction? Hee. I would love a scene with him and Jessica Rabbit.
"We don't need another hero, we don't need to know the way home. All we want is life beyond the thunderdome." "Words fail, buildings tumble, the ground opens wide. Light beams down from heaven, she stands before my eyes. She's actual size but she seems much bigger to me."
Tabitha
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by Tabitha »

Ewww.....not Jessica Rabbit. For me, it will be Rachel Summers. :rachel: Rachel kicks ass, man!
ahmed
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by ahmed »

Originally posted by silvermouse
there are protestant catholics? News to me. I was always told you're protestant or catholic, but not both.
Funny that the thread turns to this, of all things...European History has been giving me trouble...
"Earthwormearthwormearthwormearthworm Jim! Hoo-ray for him!!!"

"Eat Dirt, evildoer!!!!!"

"By The Great Worm, whose segments stretch across the infinite universe."

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#8

Teen Scrawlers #1
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

*breathe* Pandora.... :) sorry that your experience was so bad (well it doesn't sound good)
*takes a deep breath herself* everyone's on about this so here's my ten cents:
Technically christianity is not a western religion as it did come from ancient palestine in the middle east, and really is not all negative (well speaking as a Christian I haven't found it so) and the cross is a focus because its an example of christ's love for us, that he gave himself up for us. (I hope I'm being clear, i can never get this right when i try to explain it to other people - if you want a rough parallel think the sacrifice that Phoenix made *without* the Jean Grey/cocoon thing, so that the universe wouldn't be destroyed). (Though personally I dont see the point of humungous crucifixes around the house either *shrugs* its the heart that counts.)
I don't want to jump down anyones throat with religion/faith so all i'll say is this: Christianity does not fit a stereotype, there are differences in doctrine in various churches (and i'm not going to go into that). Essentially we are asked to follow Jesus, and to ge the best idea of what thats all about is to read the Bible. Outside of reading the Bible (espec the Gospels) i can recommend stuff (eg: CS Lewis & P. Yancey) to the curious for clearer definition.
and yes fanaticism is bad, old and can happen to anyone, (the word Zealot hearkens back two thousand years and is apparently from a Jewish political group in ancient Israel who were fighting the Roman invaders - your little bit of trivia for the day :))

and if they want to give nighty a girlfriend i'm sure they'll be able to find volunteers eh? :naughty: :P :D (I love these animated smiley's they are such fun!)
Existing characters??
Well...
Cece Reys (yup)
Cerise
Polaris (just for fun :P)
Yukio (again, just for fun :) ;))
Jubilee (now that she's old enough, it could work!)
Rachel would be interesting
Mohawk Storm (when she was into... leather :LOL: :naughty: :LOL: )
Dazzler and Nighty would have been an interesting combo way back when, 'cos she would'nt have been put off by the fur, having had a romance with the Beast at one point, (its true! i got the mini-series!)
Marrow would have been an interesting match too, how would it happen? Kurt reaching out to a Morlock who emotionally was still in pain? or an adversarial relationship which ended up with one pouncing on the other? :)

(wohoo! 'nuther long post! havent done that in a while!)
NEW! Sleep-deprived Kladyelf!!!
SPCBFE
:bamf:
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

They're just gonna toss poor Nightie into a brand new relationship without giving him time to, y'know, get over the preisthood? (And without giving nonfans a respite from all the Nightie stuff in Uncanny, haha.)

Is there any timeline for this erm "Jill"?
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by Pandora
Sounds like my mom and family....even if you are not religious...the idea of Christ was as an open minded teacher...so why do we all fixate on the cross thing?...one more reason why I don't belong to a church or religion.

All western religion is negative, evey thing is about being wrong, bad, OTHER....
I am very religious and I don't use the cross AT ALL. In fact I feel it is a form of idolatry. Not to mention that he wasn't hung up on a cross...
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Wasn't hung up on a cross? What ARE you talking about?
kay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by kay »

In risk of stating the obvious: I think he means that Christ was nailed to the cross, not hung. No ropes what so ever... (Man, can we divert from this line of conversing and keep away from minor religious disputes...please! Kurt's getting a love interest and we find ourselves talking about the death of Christ...)
Phil Hunn
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Phil Hunn »

Originally posted by Bamfette
as for existing characters that i'd like to see with Nighty they are one of the following:

Kitty Pryde
Cecilia Reyes
Cerise
Well, if Claremont had been allowed to do his own thing in the 2000 Revolution, instead of having his stories jerked around, Kurt and CeCe would have ended up in a relationship (remember that cover that had them in a sort-of embrace, looking at the reader? There ya go).

CeCe would be a good foil for Kurt, I think (although she'd also work well with Iceman). Since she's Puerto Rican, she probably comes from a traditionally Catholic family (please kick me if that's not the case), but from her (consistently cool) attitude, she's probably not your traditional Catholic girl. She and Kurt could have some great chemistry.

Not to mention the fact that Kitty's virtually Kurt's little sister. That'd be, like... ew. As "ew" as Kitty getting it on with Wolverine (her "daddy") or Storm (her "mommy").

Now Kitty and Illyana, on the other hand... ;pant;

Excuse me.

*slaps self upside the head*

That's better...

... and just as an aside: kurtlover, you're from the Yucatan? Crazy trivia about that place - Spanish explorers arrive there, and ask the native people what the place is called. The natives (not understanding a word of Spanish, obviously) say "What do you want?" in their own tongue... which translates as... Yucatan! :)

Kind of like when Captain Cook arrived in Australia and asked the Aborigines about a particular marsupial, in fact. The Aborigines (who, funnily enough, didn't understand a word of English) said "I don't understand you" in their language, and once again the explorers took it as read that what they said was the animal's name.

What was the animal that Cook was asking them about? The kangaroo.

So thanks to the magic of misunderstanding, we now have a place called "What do you want?" and an animal whose name means "I don't understand you". Isn't modernity great? :D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

did Claremont actually say he was gonna have them get togehter? that's interesting... how was he gonna swing that, since he was the one who made Kurt celibate in the first place?

still, i like Kitty and Kurt. she's only 7 years younger than him, he is only 1 year older than Colossus. and i think Pete Wisdom was older than Kurt. she goes for older guys ;)

anyway, i don't think it will happen in uncanny... ULTIMATE tho, i am still holding out for, even tho he hasn't joined the team yet.
Abbatoir
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Abbatoir »

How do you know their ages? I keep wondering where you can find these things.
Abbatoir: professional lurker for hire. Now taking contracts. :D
:bamf: :deadpool: :agentx: :lifeguard: :slippy: :chamber: :phoenix: :bets: :tb3: :ghostrider:
"Keep the Collar, Kurt!" club #1 U2U me to join!
The "Losers" have won! The collar will be lost in the new year! But we will not let this happen!
"Get the Collar Back!" club #1 U2U me to join!
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#2
Defender of Decency (hah!) in the C.O.C.K
Hug Fiend #1
Teen Scrawlers Leader
Pick your nickname! I am now known as Abbatoir, Abs, Abby, Abba, and Abb!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

well most of them are guesses.... but Kurt we have a bit more of a firm idea because of Shadowcat. the issue when he celebrated his 21st birthday, Kitty said that she was 13. she is 19 now... so he is 27.

er opps, that's 8 years older, isn't it? I'm a math moron.
Abbatoir
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Abbatoir »

Yeah, I thought so. I keep trying to guess ages but I often get it wrong.. How do you know Shadowcat's 19? How long have the X-Men been in existence?
Abbatoir: professional lurker for hire. Now taking contracts. :D
:bamf: :deadpool: :agentx: :lifeguard: :slippy: :chamber: :phoenix: :bets: :tb3: :ghostrider:
"Keep the Collar, Kurt!" club #1 U2U me to join!
The "Losers" have won! The collar will be lost in the new year! But we will not let this happen!
"Get the Collar Back!" club #1 U2U me to join!
Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#2
Defender of Decency (hah!) in the C.O.C.K
Hug Fiend #1
Teen Scrawlers Leader
Pick your nickname! I am now known as Abbatoir, Abs, Abby, Abba, and Abb!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

ok i have to write a large Reply:
To Tabby: of course you did, but the topic is about discussing this in first place, we went off of topic but we can take where we left.
To Jill: for those guesses i would like more Dr Cecelia Reyes, the look so cute together! and they had good chemistry, Cecelia is pretty, sweet and cool, an she need more focus in the X universe :)
To Phil Hunn: yep that's right but is a popular legend hehe, actually the native Mayans said to the spanish conquerers something like "uu'h than" what means in language mayan someting like "what do you want" as you said before, then the spanish missunderstood the words and interpreted them as "Yucatan" and they named the place like this.
but there's also a funny story old people said here :):) and its something like this: "in old times in the city of the state with no name, an old lady sell Yuca (is a traditional mexican candy) in the downtown next to the cathedral, at twelve o' clock the bells started to ring like "tan, tan, tan" marking the noon, and as the old lady yells loud announcing her product: "Yuca! Yuca! Yuca!" so as the lady Yelled "Yuca!" the bells rang "tan" so it was like "Yuca" Tan!" "Yuca!" "Tan!" LOL funny story isn't it?
To Abbatoir: hello nice to meet you and WELCOME here! and i guess the age guessing is based in the idea of nighty having his 21th bday in annual #4 and when Kitty entered to theX-men she was 13 years old, that's how Jill calculated their ages ;)
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Bamfette »

i know Shadowcat is 19 because Claremont has said that she is 19 during MekaniX. can't get much more current than that ;)
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by kay
In risk of stating the obvious: I think he means that Christ was nailed to the cross, not hung. No ropes what so ever...
Hung, is the wrong word. I did mean nailed. Had a brain fart. And I meant he was not nailed on a CROSS per say, but rather just a stake.

Ok I'm done. Sorry.
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Post by little Blue Lucy »

I think the Bible states that he died on an actual cross. I watched a show on the History channel or something with debated the nails in the hand issue, and they basically showed it was possible (using ropes fro support) to nails him to the wood through his hands rather than his nails which had originally been assumed by most scientists. I don't believe there is anything in the Bible which contradicts the rope theory, though there is certainly a contradiction to the wrist theory. Of course I'm not exactly an expert (particularly when it comes to the new testamint).:P
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Hsu »

Originally posted by little Blue Lucy
I think the Bible states that he died on an actual cross.
The Greek word rendered "cross" in many modern Bible version ("torture stake" in New World) is stauros'. In classical Greek, this word meant merely an upright stake, or pale.
It is noteworthy that the Bible also uses the word xy'lon to identify the device used. A Greek-English LExicon by Lidell and Scott, defines the meaning: "Wood cut and ready for use, firewood, timber, ect... piece of wood, log, beam post...cudgel, club...stake on which criminals were impaled...of live wood, tree." It also says "in NT, of the cross," and cites Acts 5:30 and 10:39 as examples. However in those verses KJ, RS, JB, and Dy translate xy'lon as "tree."
In the book The Non-Christian Cross, by J.D Parsons it notes that there is "not a single sentence in any of the numerous writing forming the New Testament, which, in Greek, bears even indirect evidence to the effect, that the stauros used in the case of Jesus was other than an ordinary stauros; much less to the effect that it consisted, not of one piece of timber, but two pieces nailed together in the form of a cross."

Ok, now I really am done. If anyone has questions, PM me. Sorry to get off topic.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

What was the topic again? Whatever it was, for sure it's been beaten to death by now.
Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Nightfollower »

LOL, it was about Nighty getting a girlfriend. Sugar, yer right. I wonder how threads become like this? Start with one thing, finish with another.
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by kurtlover »

its a tradition here in nightscrawlers :P
silvermouse
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by silvermouse »

Girlfriends. I like how everyone has such dif ideas of what sort of person he should be with. Now answer honestly: The women you suggested, how many of them find those characters similiar to you in some way?
"We don't need another hero, we don't need to know the way home. All we want is life beyond the thunderdome." "Words fail, buildings tumble, the ground opens wide. Light beams down from heaven, she stands before my eyes. She's actual size but she seems much bigger to me."