Uncanny#408 anyone?????

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Panz »

Has anyone seen it yet??? well spill!
Panz wants to know whats going on
any comments?

I cant pick mine up until 4:30 at the earliest:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Happy 4th if you are an American
Happy day if you are not an American
and if you still want to be a creep, have fun but get it on film:naughty:

Cheers:bamf:

Panz
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Slarti »

I'll be getting it in about an hour. I'll let you know later tonight, if someone else doesn't first.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Bamfette »

i got it!!! :D overall a great issue, but not as much Kurtage as the first few pages promise. and he reverts back to a calmer more collected self for the rest of the issue. not a brooder, but not happy either. he also defers to Warrens judgement which kinda ticked me off, but i guess they are just setting the stage for Warren being leader in Austen's run, plus Kurt is not um... stable.... it's mostly a Stacy (who is quickly becoming a favourite... *points at avatar*) and Archangel show, but we got some nice moments between Kurt and Archangel (sadly, no whoop-assing, they kiss and make up.) Stacy and Wolverine, and Chamber and Iceman.

*spoilers ahead!!*

ok here's how it goes, you all saw the press conference, naturally, so we'll skip that. then we ahve Iceman and Chamber in a bar and we gain a little insight into humanity's new view on mutants. then some creepy guy comes up to them asking them where they got their 'fix' it is clear he's after some Designer Genes, and Chamber and Iceman share a knowing look.

then Stacy talks to warren in his office, she apparently ahs to check in with them before she goes out now. she says she has an appointment. :naughty: Warren tells her she does not have to do that anymore, and she gets rather defensive and stalks off. then Warren gets a call on his cel phone, its Kurt. he's in the basement of a Church surrounded by dead teenagers....(don't worry he's in the church because of a Cerebra spike, not praying or anything)

cut to Stacy in Wolverine's apartment (don't worry he's not the apointment) and she's ranting and raving about Warren. Wolverine tells her to wait while he gets something for her, and he comes back with his old uniform. she asks what it is, and he explains it was what they gave him to wear when workingfor the Canadian Govt. and he explained why he kept wearing it for all those years with the X-Men, to maintain an illusion, the loose cannon, the black sheep etc. he didn't want his 'new family' to see the real him. and then he says he finally ditched it after he figured out who he is inside and realized he didn't need to hide that from his friends anymore. so he asks the same question of Stacy, who are you? and says 'if you don't want to be treated like a whore, then don't act like one'

cut back to Warren and Kurt. Nightcrawler informs Warren there are no survivors, and holds up a syringe, Designer genes.

back to Stacy for a really nice scene. she enters a darkened apartment and sees an old guy in bed. Jason Tremont. a millionaire who got rich off canned noodles, and was friends with the Blob in high school ;) he explains he is a mutant, but his mutation is a painful one. he ages very fast, and is riddled with disease, and medications do nothing for him. he asks for Stacy to ease his pain for his final days, she complies. there is more to it than that, but i would never be able to capture the subtlety of the meeting here.

back to Warren and Kurt. they are in agreement it is the Vanisher behind it, and Warren decides to fight him as a buisnessman. he calls a board meting - subject 'mergers and acquisitions'

back to Stacy. she is heading to the elevator 4 hours later, and is met by Wolverine, Chamber and Iceman. she is naturally surprised and a little bit confrontational, until they tell her they are not there to accuse her of anything, and that she did good. she seems pleased, proud :) they explain thery are there to pick her up, to put Warrens plan into motion, they are to draw the vanisher out.

board meeting, basically all is said is that it is top secret and they are to sniff out a paper trail leading to the vanisher...

some kind of shady meeting of some thugs/drug dealers... and the Vanisher makes his appearance in the last panel of the book

there is a bit of German in there and i am curious to what it means

"Je mehr, desto spassiger, findest du nicht...?"

translation, anyone?
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Stormwatch »

Sorry, no translation. BUt, I did have to sit down. And, Kurt I think is played way more subtler. I don't think he is going with Warren. I think he will go off. He has something to do. He ported out.

He isn't corporate either. But, there should be a connection with THAt church. if not a connection, then some evidence maybe left over, but Kurt should be investigating into something at least.

But, I am nearly absolutely positive that Kurt isn't going with Warren. But, the thing is, will he ask Logan to come with him or not. And if Logan goes, so might Chamber/Stacy. Maybe.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Bamfette »

hmmm...good point about Kurt 'porting away like t hat. i got the impression he was simply going agianst Warrens wishes, and go look for the clergy of the church like he said. to give them a stern talking to since they let a bunch of kids die in their basement. but you have a point... this might be in some way related to the CoH... they made a point of using the blood sample kit, even tho Warren said himself it wasn't necessary, they knew who is behind the Designer Gene... but maybe they will find some surprising results. and Kurt will stumble on something bigger.
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Stormwatch »

Yeah, I forgot about the Blood tests. Something could turn up from that. Something even from the environment.

I wonder what the Supreme Pontiff would have done if he found people doing mutant drugs there. He could have released a gas or SOMEthing that would make sure they didn't live through the experience.

It could also relate to what happened to Kurt in ish 400. Maybe, supremem Pontiff has a peculiar aspect that is shown in the blood, and only Kurt might notice it. Okay, slightly far fetched, but still. hmmmm

But I DO have big teeth.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Panz »

BEEEG SMOOOOCHES!!!! on all of you heads for giving me tastes so far, My comics should show up ANY minute now and I will not have to sit here and seethe in jealouse impatience .
*PANT**PANT**PANT*

Thanks guys!

:bamf:
Panz

Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Stormwatch »

:huh::laugh::ooh:

And, do you get a subscription?

And :P neener neener neener :P:P

;) just teasing Pandora, ya know I luv ya :love:

Anyways, what do you think, what does anyone else think. Opinion I'm interested in of course.

And this is the best place for them.

But I DO have big teeth.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Hsu »

Ok thanks to Babel Fish (I love online translaters. Especially with references to great Sc-Fi stories) this is what I got for the translation.

The you do not find more, the more funnily

Say what?!? :?
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by BlueJubatus »

uuuuuuu....huh?
little wierd there:P
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Hsu
Ok thanks to Babel Fish (I love online translaters. Especially with references to great Sc-Fi stories) this is what I got for the translation.

The you do not find more, the more funnily

Say what?!? :?
well atleast it's not something religious :p there was other german too, but was curious about that one because he said it at the church while crouching over one of the bodies....
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Slarti »

I liked this issue. It was a great spotlight on Stacy, and gave her a great scene with that "old" man. The whole issue is about perceptions and role reversals. Kurt says everyone expects him to be the reckless swashbuckler, Warren sees Stacy making the same mistakes he did when he was younger, Stacy helps that man she was hired to turn a trick for. Amazingly, Wolverine is the most centered spotlight character in the issue. I liked it very much, and I'll need a little more time to absorb it before I can get any more out of it. It was pretty subtle, which is nice.
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Stormwatch »

Peter Luzifer says not to trust Babblefish. THis is probably true german and not a different dialect that was brought over.

for example, France French is different from Quebercor french, yet both are french.

American english is different from Canadian and British english. Smae thing I guess.

But I DO have big teeth.
Panz
Lookout
Lookout

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Panz »

hmmm, that phrase is a bit stickery....
Perhaps what Kurt was meaning was "The lack of physical evidence is peculiar" or "The less I find, the stranger it seems" or, simply "curiouser and curiouser" .
Kurt seems to have some thoughts on the matter that he isn't sharing and this seems to be one of his Nightcrawler-y hunches. He usually has an excellent sense of these things.

Maybe Vanisher will lead him back to Vader:D.

:bamf:

Panz
Panz

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Bamfette »

you're right Slarti, Casey is returning to writing to themes this issue :) sweet deal.

and the more i think on it, yes, i think he DOES have a hunch of some sort, and wants to go it alone... should be intereresting whatever he finds, which i am fairly certain will be the CoH.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by BlueJubatus »

who else could it be?
409 is his last issue, right?
Mabe kurt will beat the crap out of the SP while the rest go after vanisher.:P At any rate, the two-sp and the vanisher- will probably turn out to be related in some way.
Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Elwing »

not bad, not bad. And I must say, I can't help but liking Stacy. She's well written at least, and provides some comic relief. Also, it sheds and interesting light on Wolverine. That was a nice bit of writing!
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by kurtlover »

no, no! i have to wait till the next wednesday :(
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by BamfKat »

UPS decided not to deliver to my section of Hell so I get to wait untill Monday.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

The issue sounds good though. Originally I really enjoyed Sean's art, strangly the more I look at it the less I like it. :(

Kurt would almost have to be playing a hunch. He would make an excellent detective or spy with his mentallity. I think his patching things up with Warren is good. I enjoy the resolution of differences by peacefull means. THAT makes for a more realistic and adult story-line.:bamf:
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Bamfette »

yes it does... but i still would ahve liked to see him kick Warrens ass or the freak show remark... :p
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Stormwatch »

Yeah, same here. Warren, grrr, but, I still think that Warren is going to get his ass handed to him by Jabba.

And, but of course, Detective Kurt is on the case.
Indubidibly, my dear Chamber.

But I DO have big teeth.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Crawler »

Well, you guys kinda all took the words outta my mouth. I finally got the ish today. Overall an incredible issue. EASILY the best since....well, a loooooong time.

I think that Kurt's little speech was GREAT.
"I would think that a return to my swashbuckling recklessness might ease the tension. Is that not what you expect of me? Is that not what everyone expects of me?"
I hear Casey jabbing at us. ;)
I also hear Kurt rejecting both what others expect of him and what he expects of himself. It's very realistic. He could still go either way, I think. He could do what he expects and what I think he wants to do, and be his old self again...or he could keep rejecting it and stay angsty...or he could become something else altogether. :D Can't wait til next issue.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Betablue »

Translation (pardon my bad German; it's been years!):

"The more the merrier, don't you find?"
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by Bamfette »

oooohh... so it's morbid sarcasm, huh? i like ;)
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Uncanny#408 anyone?????

Post by BamfKat »

Atleast we are seeing a personality under the collar. I like Kurt's attitude and sarcasim in this issue. :evil:

Far better that he comes into his own with a bang or should I say :bamf: ? I think by the way Warren is looking that he just might be considering Kurt's suggestion on politics. That would be a welcome development.

I really enjoyed Stacy in this issue and, at last, a nod to the deeper side of Logan.

All in all well done... Except Kurt's hair just looks like he sat on a very cold toilet seat... :o
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf