Dave Cockrum Hardcover Tribute

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
CliffordMeth
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CliffordMeth »

From Aardwolf Publishing (www.aardwolfpublishing.com):

Aardwolf has announced a special, limited Hardwcover Edition of THE UNCANNY DAVE COCKRUM TRIBUTE. Edited by Clifford Meth, this beautifully bound 120-page book will contain dozens of original Cockrum artwork as well as art contributions from Dave’s many peers, including Jim Lee, George Perez, Neal Adams, Walt Simonson, John Romita, Marie Severin, Joe Kubert, Will Eisner, Travest Charest, Joe Quesada, Dave Gibbons, and many more; written tributes to Dave by Stan Lee, Roy Thomas, Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore, Harlan Ellison, Marv Wolfman, Len Wein, Chris Claremont, and Peter David.

200 Special Editions will include unique, ORIGINAL Dave Cockrum drawings bound into the book. This book is being published in cooperation with the Dave Cockrum Estate.

[Edited on 3/12/06 by CliffordMeth]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

That's great Cliff! When and where will these be available?

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Thanks for the reminder. I immediately printed it to leave as a hint to the husband regarding my Christmas wish! (Other than a ton of snow everywhere but on the roads.)
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
CliffordMeth
Lubber
Lubber

Hardcover Cockrum Tribute

Post by CliffordMeth »

Jim Reeber (Aardwolf's publisher) said he hopes to have these out by February. I was to see proofs next week, but now I've asked for more time because, following Dave's passing, I want to add even more of his artwork, as well as a new introduction.

This book will have everything the first edition (paperback) had, but it will be completely recast--better images, high-quality paper, more contributors (George Perez and Billy Tucci were added) no stinking typos... art by Paty!... lots of great stuff.
love_of_bob
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by love_of_bob »

That sounds like a must-have.
CliffordMeth
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CliffordMeth »

As far as I know, the book will only be available at www.aardwolfpublishing.com
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Originally posted by CliffordMeth
Jim Reeber (Aardwolf's publisher) said he hopes to have these out by February. I was to see proofs next week, but now I've asked for more time because, following Dave's passing, I want to add even more of his artwork, as well as a new introduction.

This book will have everything the first edition (paperback) had, but it will be completely recast--better images, high-quality paper, more contributors (George Perez and Billy Tucci were added) no stinking typos... art by Paty!... lots of great stuff.
Okay, let me amend that. I'm dropping hints for my birthday now.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
CliffordMeth
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CliffordMeth »

Three versions of the hardcover book were announced today. The trade paperback is now sold out.
Jenni
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Jenni »

I just can't believe he's gone.
Sounds corny, but he was a fantastic artist.
Our fav fuzzy one was never drawn better.
:(
CliffordMeth
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CliffordMeth »

The LETTERED edition of this book is almost sold out (just five left). It's not too late to order the numbered edition though... Folks, I'm warning you, THIS BOOK WILL SELL OUT just like the paperback edition did. If you want one, get it now from www.aardwolfpublishing.com
mt_rambler
Lubber
Lubber

Post by mt_rambler »

Cliff,
What is the difference between the lettered and numbered edition. It states premium sketch for the lettered edition and unique sketch for the numbered edition. How are the sketches different?
CliffordMeth
Lubber
Lubber

Post by CliffordMeth »

Originally posted by mt_rambler
Cliff,
What is the difference between the lettered and numbered edition. It states premium sketch for the lettered edition and unique sketch for the numbered edition. How are the sketches different?
All of the sketches are nice, but Dave really took his time with some--they are more than just busts of Wolverine & Nightcrawler, etc. So the best sketches were put aside for the LETTERED edition and comps to special friends... Note that as of this posting there is only *one* LETTERED copy still available (that means the other 25 are pre-sold). I wasn't kidding you folks when I said these would go fast.
Blue Fairy
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Blue Fairy »

Hi to all of Dave's fans.
Cliff Meth ask me to post this link to the wizard site. It talks about the hardcover Tribute book for Dave.

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazine/ ... 389105.cfm

Ann (Blue Fairy)

[Edited on 8/2/07 by Blue Fairy]