nightcrawler with silver fur

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
john117
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by john117 »

i just wonderd how it would change the events that happened if night crawler was born with silver fur in stead of blue fur
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

He probably wouldn't be as good at hiding among shadows.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Bitsy »

But then he wouldn't be the blue fuzzy elf! Silver isn't that fuzzy of a color.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Actually...if he were white he'd be more elf-like...those Lord of the Ringers were pretty damn pale...I'm assuming he'd have white hair to go with it...he'd be a fuzzy snow elf :D. He'd probably pass for human (admittedly, an albino) a little more easily…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I don't think that'd work as well (for one thing, the background to Nightscrawlers would be blinding:LOL), cause he wouldn't exactly be a "Night Crawler", now would he? Daycrawler wouldn't sound right and his shadow powers would be pretty useless.. I'm just glad Dave got it right by making him the fuzzy blue elf instead of fuzzy white, red, or green elf :D
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
Daycrawler wouldn't sound right ...
He could be Daywalker...oh...wait...that's taken...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

:LOL So is Daytripper
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

Okayyyy...

Just so you guys know, after reading this thread i now have a mental image of a *very* surprised Nighty whose fur has suddenly transformed from its usual blue, to a variety of bright day-glo colours.

Just wanted to share :D

Maybe with silver/white fur, instead of fading into the shadows he would do the opposite and radiate light instead? Sort of a male equivalent of Dazzler...
Man-Dazzler?

:scratch

Hmmmnnnnaaaahh....
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I can only really picture him with black or blue fur.. everything else would seem too bright
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

I can only really picture him with black or blue fur.. everything else would seem too bright
What about red like his papa? Of course, if you want to get arty-farty with it...if you mix his dad's red with his mum's blue...he should be purple...

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Purple may work too, but it would have to be pretty dark (I looked some colors us and Persian Blue/Indigo would work).. I don't think Kurt should've been red like Azazel (and thankfully Jillian wasn't either):bamf
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Nandireya
What about red like his papa? Of course, if you want to get arty-farty with it...if you mix his dad's red with his mum's blue...he should be purple...
His peen is purple.

:halo
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

:shakeno I don't even wanna know..:LOL
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Post by Crawler »

The silver fur, if he had the exact same powers, would have no effect on the shadowblending.

Why? Two words: White. Gloves.

[Edited on 7-12-2006 by Crash Tofu]
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Crash Tofu
The silver fur, if he had the exact same powers, would have no effect on the shadowblending.

Why? Two words: White. Gloves.
Yes...I always found them an odd choice of attire for such an apparently 'dark' character...the toed booties I could understand, needed for gripping and the like...but the white...nu-uh...the dirty yellow on X-Men: Evolution's Nightcrawler made a little more sense...but only a little...

Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

Well, there are a lot of things wich don't make sense in the comic world.:smirk
I think the easy answer to the white gloves is: Without the contrast of a bright colour his overall appearence would be too dark. I think the same thing applies to Storm's hair. I mean, back in the old days when there was no computer colouration you needed something to make the character really stand out from the background and differ from the other characters. (Dammit, I want to say something but I don't know how in English...)
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Baby_Nighty
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Baby_Nighty »

he would probblaly still be the same but with some changes
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Actually, Cibo, you make perfect sense there.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Originally posted by Baby_Nighty
he would probblaly still be the same but with some changes
Well of course he'd have some changes, I mean having Silver fur instead of Blue would qualify as a change, am I correct?
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Well, if he did have white/ silver fur, him and Iceman would make a helluva team in Xavier's new Alaskan Devision. Someone's gotta save the seals and polar bears. With the white fur he'd easily dissappear in the snow.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

And Sasquatch and Snowbird too :LOL They could fight Wendigo.. special guest appearance from the White Queen herself, Emma Frost is a given..
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

He'd be pretty with silver fur. It wouldn't have helped him to hide from trouble though, so he might not have made it to the X-men if he had been born like that.

Well, that begs the question how often are mutants born whose powers that aren't conducive to survival? Babies born with gills who can't switch over to an oxygen atmosphere, heavy-weight mutants whose bones break under the pressure of gravity, fire-starters who aren't inflammable - stuff like that.

(Note: I am aware that the marvel universe is fictional!)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, in the real world, most mutations are not conducive to survival. At best, they're useless. Sometimes they're a bit of a nuisance. At worst, they're debilitating or even fatal.

My assumption would be that the Marvel universe would be a bit similar to that, as it is set on something that's supposed to be similar to our real world.

And there are mutants in the Marvel universe who, while able to survive with their mutations, would not likely be naturally selected to pass on their genes. Rogue or Fever Pitch, for example.

Darkstalker
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Darkstalker »

Not all the time, there are those occasions when small mutations can help a species survive, but you're right, most of the time mutations are more of a nuisance than help. In the case of Kurt, it can be argued that it helps and hurts. But a silver coat might work better. It's true that he still blends in with white gloves, but the white is still a flat color. Silver is more reflective, it would be beautiful, but he would stand out more in the moonlight. But, forgive me for thinking out loud, the color might work out to his advantage when it comes to people's reactions of him, because silver is more often associated with angels and light than colors like blue or purple. Though his hair is indigo right? Isn't that a shade of violet? :ooh
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Nightcrawler with silver fur and blond hair.... gah no. :doh!