Reading up on Kurt

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Reading up on Kurt

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So my wife got me Marvel Unlimited and I'm so stoked to going back to the issues that first got me into the X-Men and then, inevitably, into this site.

I'm going back to Chuck Austen's run.

:shocked :shocked

WAIT! HEAR ME OUT!

As horrid as that run is, it's a very Kurt-centric run and most of that stuff is still canon. I'm going to go back and start there and read forward, as I dropped off on X-Men sometime soon after. If anyone would be so kind as to suggest other Kurt related stories (that aren't Excalibur because of COURSE that's on my list), I'd deeply appreciate it.

What are some of your favorite Nightcrawler related stories? Is it the meet-up with him and Spider-Man? The BAMFS storyline with telling Kitty a night-time story? (It was Kitty, right?)

Or maybe just a story about Mystique that further confirms their relationship?

I WANT TO READ IT SO TELL ME!!!
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Re: Reading up on Kurt

Post by Slarti »

He features prominently in the current Way of X series, where he's "creating a mutant religion." Sorta. I'm not a big fan of the current direction, but I am picking it up for Kurt.

I enjoyed the 2004 Nightcrawler series, and we got a shout-out in the trade paperback. The artist was a member here.

Claremont did a series in 2014 that I want to check out but haven't yet.
Drazia
Lubber
Lubber

Re: Reading up on Kurt

Post by Drazia »

Slarti wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:39 pm Claremont did a series in 2014 that I want to check out but haven't yet.
Me neither. Maybe in another seven years.

There was another mini something or other in 2019, but it was a smelly turd. I read it today and it was the first time I ever wanted my time back from reading something. It's not even worth criticizing. I could have used that time to read Claremont's tired old dreck and been happier. You don't need it for catch up purposes anyway since it seems to be some kind of AU.

Way of X is fantastic, and 100% of the reason I'm here. I was in shock for days after reading it. I thought publishing high quality product like that was against Marvel's corporate policy. Now, it's debatable if it is a good Nightcrawler story, specifically a good take on that character. I started with #3 after hearing that there were some conflicted reactions to it. I had no idea what was going on, of course, having not read any comics for quite awhile, but I was still very impressed.

I thought it was like 4 or 5 years since I'd read anything, but I checked the dates and it would have been ten years in January. That's a long time.
I forgot my password lol