I'm With Nightcrawler

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Singe »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
Nightcrawler would be for registration. While there've been a ton of attempts to talk him up as a leader, he's not a leader. He's not a lone wolf. He's not a revolutionary. He's just a nice, quiet guy. He was on the XSE team, in his series he worked with the cops, city council, etc. He plays nice with others. He would go along and register and be a good superhero.

Edit: btw, Captain America is AGAINST registration? That's a shock. I'm happy they went that way with the character, but still surprised. I'd actually assumed he was for it, before I read anything. I'll have to pick this one up.

[Edited on 22-5-2006 by The Drastic Spastic]
That sounds plausible to me. Btw, did you make the Juggernaut tag? Mind if I partition it?
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Angelique »

What's amazing me is how it seems it's all one or the other. It could also be that Nightcrawler would oppose the act, but might register anyway, or he won't register, but also won't make a big deal of it. He doesn't have to be a leader or a revolutionary to be a conscientious objector.

What got me about the first issue was how quickly they were speaking of things like resistance, rebellion, and even war, and the freakin' legislation hadn't even passed yet!

I could see Nightcrawler opposing the registration act, but focusing more on hoping and praying that cooler heads on each side to prevail.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Confizzle »

It's a comic book they aren't going to join hands and sing "Kumbaya" and talk out their differances they'll be fighting and such.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Angelique »

They don't have to hold hands and sing Kum Ba Yah. But these are comic books set for the most part in the USA, where people who disagree over a law by and large tend not to go to war with each other over it.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Singe

That sounds plausible to me. Btw, did you make the Juggernaut tag? Mind if I partition it?
Yes, I made it. I don't know exactly what that means, but do whatever with it.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Crawler »

I think Kurt would be against it in spirit and would probably side with the people on that side...however, I think he would also be registered while fighting against it.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by chicory »

Originally posted by Crash Tofu
I think Kurt would be against it in spirit and would probably side with the people on that side...however, I think he would also be registered while fighting against it.
That makes no sense. Why would he register for something that he doesn't beleive in and is actively fighting against? That just sounds really two-faced and cowardly, like going against your principles just so as not to get in trouble.

I'm sure whatever side Nightcrawler choose, if any, he'll consistantly support.
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Angelique »

It's the same as a lot of laws in the real world. I oppose requiring young men to sign up for selective service, but if the requirement is still around when my son turns 18, I'll begrudgingly insist he sign up. There is nothing hypocritical about it. Some things are not worth getting into trouble over.

Also, there's no telling if Nightcrawler will even be around when and where all this happens.

[Edited on 15/6/06 by Angelique]

elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by elfofdoom »

hi read cilvil war 2 the x-men are rearly in it I'M still with Nightcawler to have kiddys with sacrlet witch BITCH
D.croft
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Crawler »

Right. Here's my logic behind my statement.

Registering while fighting against it (keep in mind that, despite this being a comic about superpowered monkeys, "fighting" may not involve anything physical) is NOT joining the army while protesting war. It's much more akin to signing up for selective service while protesting war. It's not smashing up speakeasies while trying to get prohibition revoked...it's just not drinking until it's repealed.

The way I see it, that's how Kurt does and would do things. He fights against what he sees and wrong but he goes through the more appropriate channels to do it. However, he WILL side with his friends and gets mixed up in THEIR fights from time to time.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Singe »

Well, given the way people are postured, I guess who's on what side can be pretty well inferred. Look's like Kurt's with the good cap!
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Crawler »

Wait...why in the WORLD would the Inhumans be on the side of registration? Their entire worldview is based on secrecy. Or has that somehow changed due to Son of M?

And Spidey is facing right and on the left side, but he's in favor of registration.

And Deadpool on the side of registration? He's a friggin' assassin!

And why is the Punisher involved at all?

But WOO! Runaways and Young Avengers REPRESENT!!

[Edited on 6-21-2006 by Crash Tofu]
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Singe »

I was kind of wondering the same thing. Ah well, maybe the way they're facing has no logic to it, but I guess we can assume come September we'll know who's on what side!

I enjoy Wolverine in that picture. Right in the middle, and doesn't seem happy!

But damn, Kurt looks about 70! Moisturize, Kurt!

[Edited on 21/6/06 by Singe]
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Saint Kurt »

Okay. Look at the lower right. My first thought. My very first thought when looking at that picture was, "why is Chewbacca there?"

-e
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Angelique »

My question is that if Chewbacca's there, where am I?

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Nandireya »

Maybe Bobby leeched all the moisture out of him?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Singe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Singe »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Maybe Bobby leeched all the moisture out of him?
Heyyyy, speaking of which, someone clear this up for me. At the end of House of M, seemed to me that Bobby was all de-iced. Now he's back and, "Hey guys, time to be all icetastic!" What gives?
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by idsunki »

He wasn't depowered, not really. It was another one of those mental blocks he put on himself because of his self-esteem issues. Emma turned his powers back on when they were under attack by sentinels.

As for why Deadpool is on the side of registration ... well, he isn't. They're just paying him some big $$$ to hunt down heroes who won't register. And that picture isn't 100% accurate either. We know for a fact, for instance, that Cloak & Dagger are with Cap.

As for Nightcrawler, I'm pretty sure we can rule out him just sitting on the sidelines and doing nothing. After all, he once punched the devil in the face for suggesting such a thing. I'm still not much closer to deciding which side he will take, though. C has some pretty good arguments, but I don't know if I'm convinced just yet.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by elfofdoom »

Ya that was funny :LOL I hav eto say Nightcrawler will fight for his own resons since he donsn't belive he should hide his face.
D.croft
Nightcrawler ZERO
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Nightcrawler ZERO »

I'd imagine Kurt, and most of the X-men would be on Cap's side. The X-Men have been getting pushed around by the government since M-Day, having Sentinels parked on their lawn, turning their home and their sanctuary into a prison. It's getting to the point where they're going to have to start pushing back very soon.

Not to mention, this is merely a more encompassing version of the Mutant Registration Act, which the X-men were very strongly against, and continuing to operate while the act was in effect made them felons.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by Angelique »

Yep, reading the title page of Civil War #2, it's now apparent that the Superhero Registration Act would not just require people who want to put on tights and fight bad guys to register, but everyone with a superpower to register. It is indeed just a more encompassing version of the Mutant Registration Act.

elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by elfofdoom »

Ya but now all super heros much restier are been put in jail. For dissobaying the law. imgain that hero inside the same prions has villians. :shifty
D.croft
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by elfofdoom
Ya but now all super heros much restier are been put in jail. For dissobaying the law. imgain that hero inside the same prions has villians. :shifty
That raises this very important question: If a person gets inside prions, do they give the prions mad cow disease??
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

I'm With Nightcrawler

Post by idsunki »

Well, it seems the question may remain academic - Kurt will more than likely be out in space (in Uncanny X-Men) for the next year, so he won't have to choose sides until at least the Civil War mini-series is over.

That doesn't necessarily mean that he won't show up in Civil War X-Men (which comes out this week, coincidentally...), as Wolverine can be in multiple places at once without a mutant teleportation power.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.