Updated Spring 2006 - What Marvel Lady Should Nightcrawler be With?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!

Total votes: 0

chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Really, I just wanted to play with the poll option. (It's completely fine with me if this thread gets deleted for being too similar to the other one! Or for being too strange ;))
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Well, three of the choices seem like they'd be frowned upon in today's society (considering their relation to Kurt), but both Rogue and Amanda aren't really related so those really wouldn't be such a problem.. anywho, I'm a bit stuck between Rachel and Storm at the moment, but I think I'm leaning a little toward Marvel Girl (unless she goes back to the mullet from the old Excalubur days):LOL
Tyros
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Updated Spring 2006 - What Marvel Lady Should Nightcrawler b

Post by Tyros »

oppps, I am a dork I somehow managed to enter the wrong choice! I meant to put Nurse Palmer (though i guess Betsy could be interesting...I just never thought about it).
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Kickass poll.

I want to vote for Christine AND "other human" but I can only pick one so I took Christine.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Blue_Demon>Well, nobody on that list is *genetically* related to him ;), but some of the choices are more controvertible than others.

I'd like to see Ororo with Kurt - at least for awhile.

For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

The three people I was talking about were Jillian (who I had thought was one of Azazel's children.. I even based Jillian in the Earth 513 RP as his daughter), Amanda/Jimaine (who I have the most problem with considering they were raised as brother and sister in the circus.. maybe it's me, but anyone I was raised with would definitely be off-limits), and Rogue (who aside from her relationship with Mystique, really isn't a problem.. I'm only saying she'd be a problem from Mystique's point-of-view).. anyway, I finally went with my gut and voted for Rachel.. I think the 'Kuroro' ship has sailed, and Rachel is the only choice I could really see him with:bamf
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I really don't think any eligible woman in the current Marvel lineup is worthy of Kurt.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Sussi
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Sussi »

I say single and swinging it baby!! :D ... That also could lead up to him dating most on the girls listed.... But let him be happy and free in the end... (Doesn't comic book relationships just get butt ugly when becoming serious??).

.... We also have the option of him hooking up with a guy... Would that be to much OOC?? **Not trying to start any religious topic debate, just a thought conected to this poll**
I want a Blueberry-Muffin!!!:lick (Read Uncanny Xmen Nr 423...).

Wana see my art? Go to DeviantART. (You know you want to :toothy)
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Blue>I guessed who you meant ;) - but like I said - they're all controversile. Drastic_Spastic said in the other thread that Jillian isn't related to him. Kurt never met Rogue until she was in her late teens and even then he had no idea his biological mother had partially raised her. As for Amanda - that's debatable too. She's kind of the girl next door. His age, his type, and accepting of him as he is. Considering how varient his appearance is from average human - it's not like he had a lot of choices. I think it's more sad than wrong.

Angelique>:LOL You have a point there :D

Sussi>:D A swashbuckling ladies man - can't argue with that. But, do you think eventually he should settle down?

I think it's OOC for 616 Kurt to hook up with a guy. But, you know, I did think of that when I made the poll - that's why I specified lady in the title rather than just saying who should he be with?

If you'd like to go ahead and make another poll that's all guys (or that includes guys) it would be fun to see what people think about that! :D
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I had a feeling Ultimate Nightcrawler was gonna be with Colossus, but I guess having two gay X-Men would make it seem like it was done for shock value:bamf
StarChild
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Post by StarChild »

Yeah, Chicory. The Dark Bamf would prefer Kurt with Ororo too, but I think T'Challa has the dibs on that now. Besides, I think there may be a couple of us who have non-canonical relationships lined up for him...as for the controversial, I'd rather stay in the non...

Ah, yes...lover at heart and along comes the ultimate romantic! Fox hunt ala Nightcrawler
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I will always stick behind the Scarlet Witch.....shes the only one who is definitively his happily attached wife in another timestream....right? I know he has some future kid with Amanda but we don't know much about their relationship..

Anyway, theres a reason we have a :wan-kurt :evil

And blue, we still dont frikken know whats going on in Ultimate....WTF?!

[Edited on 21/3/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

He's too young for Storm, not famous enough for Kitty, and Dazzler is comatose and in love with Angel.. I didn't even include Rogue or Jean cause they've got problems of their own to deal with at the moment.. so that really doesn't give Kurt many options.. I say they should introduce someone new to the cast since it seems like Angel won't get much time in the book, so why not bring in Ultimate Psylocke to have Xavier help her deal with the body swap?
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Originally posted by Angelique
I really don't think any eligible woman in the current Marvel lineup is worthy of Kurt.
That makes me think that Kurt is some sort of god.

"BOW YE FEMALES NONE OF YE ART WORTHY OF ME" even though nowadays lineup is pretty much the same as it was 20 years ago, but we all know fangirls secret desire is to be with Kurt :P, oh that tail :naughty, so maybe that's why some people want no one with Kurt.... but anyway I voted for Rachel since UXM 450 was the first comic I got and I do think they'd be a pretty good couple.

Anyway on to other things, I like Storm way better with Forge than she could ever be with Kurt(I just don't see it) and now that she is with (insert hard African Name) a.k.a. the Black Panther she's off the list, I do like Kurwanda but it's not gonna happen....and aren't Cecelia and Meggan dead :?

[Edited on 3/21/2006 by confusedelf]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

For Rachel to hook up with Kurt would be like if I went back in time, met a younger version of my dad's friend/my own honorary uncle, and I hooked up with him. Which leads me to think, regarding Rachel, exactly what was she thinking? :urg
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Kurt is not exactly one to shy away from dating someone that may be controversial(Amanda) and besides Rachel has been around since the 80's she's been on the Uncanny Team, Excalibur, and is back on the Uncanny team, I think she may have begun to think of them as teamates rather than the surrogate Aunts and Uncles they were in the DOFP timeline.
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

She and Kurt were teammates on Excalibur together, so they have a history almost as long as Kurt and Storm, so why shouldn't they be together? I see what you mean Confusedelf, it's the same predicament Kurt has with many other women:LOL I'm hoping Kurt gets over Storm and gets with Rachel, which is hopefully what Brubaker is planning on doing with them:D:bamf
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Yes, if Brubacker puts Kurt and Rachel together he will be right up there with Peter David as my favorite writers.....but I have a question why is Christine Palmer so popular, and Storm too when she has been far more interested in Forge and later Wolvy to care about Kurt :?
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Well, the movie really started (or gave a huge boost to) the Kurt/Ororo fans...and I would have voted for Christine were I not so Kurt/Wanda. I like the idea of him being with a normal, plain, no frills human being. Why can't he? I find all the mutants hooking up with solely mutants thing kind of silly......do they never mingle outside the institute?

How socially incestuous...

[Edited on 21/3/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I know I would not hook up with someone I'd known from childhood as my Dad's friend/surrogate family. Childhood impressions do not change just because someone happens to be a teammate. So the question remains- what was Rachel thinking?

As for Kurt, I do not think the Kurt-Amanda relationship is a good example of how he would date someone controversial. Remember he wondered on occassion if he wasn't being manipulated into continuing that relationship.

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

First things first.... It's not about you Ang, Rachel is a comic book character and probably has a very different personality from you, you can say what you would do but that does not translation to Rachel. So you may not date a person who was your surrogate Uncle in an alternate timeline but Rachel might, besides did she ever call Kurt "Uncle"? She's called Scott and Jean "Mom" and "Dad" but she has never called anyone Uncle, Aunt, or anything else....I stand by my theory that Rachel views them as teamates instead of Aunts and Uncles

The Kurt that Rachel knew was different from the one in the DOFP timeline. They say Kurt was killed early on in that timeline or Rachel hunted him down as a hound(kinda blurry).

But in the Comic book world this pairing has a very low eew factor. I mean

Kitty and Pete Wisdom had a high eew factor since he was about a decade older than her.

Then there is Wanda/Vision, Scott/Maddie, and I still think Kurt/Amanda ranks pretty high.

Kurt/Rachel makes as much sense as any other pairing up there and Rachel is one of the few to show interest in him.

Also we can't forget the Kurt/Kyrmi in X-Men The End: They're the same people, and Claremont put 'em together so if alternate Kurt's can get it on together then why can't Rachel and Kurt.

[Edited on 3/21/2006 by confusedelf]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by confusedelf

Also we can't forget the Kurt/Kyrmi in X-Men The End: They're the same people, and Claremont put 'em together so if alternate Kurt's can get it on together then why can't Rachel and Kurt.
Well, that clinches it. Claremont is just plain icky.

I don't get this whole idea of static characters across dimensions. They are different people, and even if their lives were essentially the same you only have to look at real life, genetically identical twins who were raised together and how different they are to see how silly it is to think two genetically identical people FROM DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS are the "same person". What total bunk. Genetics account for much less than some people seem to think.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Blue > I don't think having two gay characters is any more shocking than one. Being gay depends on the individual not how many gays are already living in the house. But, anyway, Piotr belongs with Jean-Paul, not Kurt ;)

Nacht > I'll bet Wanda and Kurt are very happy together in their own world - but that's a different Wanda. Possibly she was never involved with Vision, the demon twins who never really existed, murdering all those Avengers, going crazy-insane and rewriting reality. All of that may make it more difficult for her to have a healthy relationship with anyone :shrug. Just saying. Although I completely agree with whoever it was who said that :nocturne should have met :wanda during HoM and things should have been partially resolved that way.

Blue>Isn't Ultimate Psylocke too old for him too? And they don't need to introduce another character - just wait until Alison wakes up :evil

Confused>I don't know about Cecilia, but Meggan's wandering around in another dimesion. As far as I know they are both alive. And maybe its not so much that Kurt's a god as much as none of the people on the list are a perfect match for him.

Nacht>Definitely an incestuous situation to only date the people you live with. I'd also like to see him with a human - if only because EvoKurt and Amanda worked so well. (And Christine was my second choice too)

Angelique>I feel the same way about Kurt and Rachel. He is a lot like the uncle she grew up with - and she did kill that version of him in her reality - or was so messed up that she only thought she did. And, there is that Rachel and TJ both seem to have trouble separating their parents counterparts from their parents. (Greeting them hey mom or dad) So, I agree with you there.

But, Rachel also has a fragmented brain and she's been through a lot. Maybe she is able to separate Kurt from a pseudo-uncle from her past and childhood from the person he is now. And they were teamates and psycially connected on so many occaisions. Like he told Logan in that bookstore - they're both different people than they were in Excalibur. (Back when Rachel was, at times, certifiable)

One of the problems I had with the idea of Kurt and Rachel is that Rachel looks so much like Jean and is supposedly Scott's and Jean's kid. That's more than enough reason to stay away from her!

As for the 616Kurt and Amanda, that's a good point, Angelique! She does have three years on him - and while I don't think she was manipulating him into falling in love with her, she did lie about her identity for years. He didn't find out until his 21st birthday she was his foster-sister - and he met her his first Christmas with the X-men, right? When he was about 19 - that's a two year relationship - off and on as it must have been.

confused> :LOL I :love'd Kitty and Pete Wisdom! She was 17 going on thirty and while he may have been 27 - they were such a great match on so many levels. Way better than Kitty and Piotr ever were up until then.

What do you have against android/mutant human marriages? Did you see their miniseries and those issues where the controversy was on the cover of Time magazines. They were in love! And they wanted to be together - that's all you need to know!

Kurt/Amanda before they made her his sister was my absolute favorite pairing. Much better than Jean and Scott and Scott and clone Maddie (which I thought was an interesting twist).

Kymri and Kurt? I'm totally against it. One because it seems to say that diverse peoples who look alike shouldn't marry outside of their 'type.' Two because they are the same person. And three because when they met in Excalibur Kymri wasn't interested in him at all, preferring Alistairs Stuart.

And that is way too long! Can't believe I had so much to say :D
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

It's not a matter of whether or not they're the same person. It's Rachel's regard for them. And it's not just me. How many of you would hook up with someone you've known as honorary family?

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Well I can't really say what I would do in Rachel's situation, as I have yet to travel back in time from an post-apocalyptic timeline, have the Phoenix Force inhabit me, and have merry adventures in England, so why the hell should I say what Rachel is thinking? It's not like she went back in time on a mission to go and shag Kurt, she developed a romantic interest in him, it's not illegal, it's not incest, it's what happens.

I imagine Rachel is smart enough to realize that the X-Men of Earth 616 are different from the DOFP X-Men, I mean has she ever treated anyone like she did in the DOFP timeline, besides maybe Cyke and Jean?

Alright here is an example=Kitty was Kate is the DOFP timeline, she was a mother figure to Rachel since Jean was killed early on, she was the one who helped send Rachel back in time, Rachel has not treated Kitty the way she would treat Kate, she has become a friend with Kitty, but she knows they are different.

Scott and Jean=At first Rachel treated them like mom and dad, but eventually she did realize that they aren't her real mom and dad and was able to build a solid realationship with them and not act like a 8-year old around them.

Kurt= Kurt was killed very early on in the DOFP timeline, or it was retconned and Rachel killed him :shrug, I believe Rachel showed little sign of thinking of the rest of the X-Men as her "aunts" and "uncles" so why should she be worried about having an interest in Kurt :? that an alternate of him was around when she was a toddler? There are many difference between the DOFP Kurt and the 616 Kurt, for one thing the DOFP one was married to Amanda and had a kid with her.

So this arguement can be contiually pushed about the DOFP Kurt as Ray's "Uncle" but 616 Kurt is not DOFP Kurt, and also this agruement is getting old. I get it that some of you may have a problem with Kurt/Rachel due to Ang's point, but can you give me another reason you dislike it or are you going to beat this one point into the ground?