Updated Spring 2006 - What Marvel Lady Should Nightcrawler be With?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!

Total votes: 0

elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Updated Spring 2006 - What Marvel Lady Should Nightcrawler b

Post by elfofdoom »

I have know Idea what going on, I'm betting that they make Kurt like his father a single man going from woman to woman, but not sleeping with them.
D.croft
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

That would probably not sit well with the team, if he dated in the team of course.....if he didn't it probably still wouldn't sit that well with the team. Also I really don't see Kurt as a playa ;)
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by elfofdoom »

Yes I don't ever but still writers will try He should be a player in the team and be told off all the time like back in the old days.
D.croft
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by elfofdoom
I have know Idea what going on, I'm betting that they make Kurt like his father a single man going from woman to woman, but not sleeping with them.
They've abolished the comics code, you know.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Yeah...but Kurt really doesn't seem the sort...as far as I can tell he's only actually slept with two women...three if you count the mother of his alternate reality daughter...four if you count the mother of his alternate reality future son...um...let's just stick with the two 616 ones, huh?

[Edited on 31-5-2006 by Nandireya]
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by elfofdoom »

It be funny think of the hate we give marvel for making kurti like azazy
D.croft
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Yeah...but Kurt really doesn't seem the sort...as far as I can tell he's only actually slept with two women...three if you count the mother of his alternate reality daughter...four if you count the mother of his alternate reality future son...um...let's just stick with the two 616 ones, huh?
Well, on panel maybe - but who knows what any of the characters get up to when their not starring in a book?
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Confizzle »

Ohh....Rachel, Betsy, and Christine are now in a three way tie.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Hate to break it to anyone who thinks that Kurt's giving out all kinds of fuzzy blue tail off panel, but as much fun as it may be to some, thinking that comic book characters are getting busy when we're not looking... erm... they're comic book characters. They don't do anything unless it's drawn or specifically stated in a book.

Kurt's a flirt. But nowhere does it say he sleeps around. And just because he hasn't always been a good Catholic doesn't mean he's given up trying.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Originally posted by Confizzle
Ohh....Rachel, Betsy, and Christine are now in a three way tie.
Naw, it's a four way tie - b/w Rachel, Betsy, Christine and Other ;)

I didn't mean to say that I thought he was sleeping around, Angelique! I just meant that if some future writer wanted to do a flashback or bring a character into a future story they could easily introduce a friendship, relationship, interaction that had occurred off-panel. Only what has appeared in the books is canon - but that doesn't mean that the (fictional :shifty) character couldn't have done things or have adventures that just haven't been mentioned yet.
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Okay, rather like what they'd done with Storm and Black Panther. (Or what I'd been doing in my own fics. :D )

Still, my response was more to the general idea of Kurt as a "playa" or "like Azzy" off panel.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by elfofdoom »

Hey that my idea for him to be a player like Azazy (shakes fist.) I'm still with him to be like that though are just bring Azazy back whatever it still be funny
D.croft
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, I think reading the Draco arc gives the impression that Kurt would go out of his way to, if possible, further differentiate himself from Azzy. He's not like Azzy, and he doesn't want to be like him. So for him to start sleeping around would be a bit out of character.

chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

I'm very selective about the canon I accept, so :azazel doesn't exist in my world.

:) is not :devil
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, even according to the book, Azzy wasn't really :devil, either, no matter how much he imagined himself and acted like one.

chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

Since I never actually read that arc I don't think I have it straight in my mind. Azazel was not the :devil, but he was very long-lived and his existence and appearance inspired the image of the :devil as it exists in popular culture. So, while he isn't Lucifer or Satan, there is some connection there.

There's actually quite a few Marvel characters who are related to the devil or demons. Hellboy and Blackheart at least, and I'm sure there are others. Nightcrawler should think about joinign the club :)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, that won't happen without a retcon saying, "Wait a minute! That deranged old mutant who thinks he's Satan? Actually, he was right!" Quite frankly, I would rather not go there. I can imagine, Nightcrawler angsting about how he'd always insisted he wasn't demon, what a fool he was, and so forth. I don't know about you, but I think I've had more than enough of angsty 'Crawler.

The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

He was originally meant to be a demon of some sort. I wouldn't mind seeing that. It would be all dark and... vampire with a soul like. Hot!

Okay, how are you coming up with definitely slept with two? It's AT LEAST three. Amanda, Cerise, and the one night stand with evil Anjulie. Which of those is somehow in doubt?

Hellboy isn't a Marvel character, Chic. I have no idea who that other one is.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Wow, when did Cerise make that short list?

elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by elfofdoom »

woo did they slep together which comic I demand to know.

Violent work of art is a band and I say Violent work of art for download 2007
D.croft
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I have always believed that Kurt and Cerise never actually consummated their relationship...she was totally naive in such matters, she was totally confused about what it was she felt for him…Kurt would never have forced her into anything…and besides, after declaring their love for each other in Excalibur #65 they immediately went off to save their friends and kick bad guy butt, then they took off to Rachel’s future to kick more bad guy butt…on returning home, the team were in mourning for the lost Brian when the Starjammers showed up to take her away to face Shi’ar justice…they never had the time.

As for the Kurt being a demon thing…though it was originally intended…this bit from Uncanny X-Men Annual #4 kinda makes it hard to change it…

The Eye of Agamotto doesn’t lie!
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Ronan
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Ronan »

[Edited on 27/7/06 by Ronan]
in order to receive something, you must give something of equal value. This is equivalent trade.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Nandireya
I have always believed that Kurt and Cerise never actually consummated their relationship...she was totally naive in such matters, she was totally confused about what it was she felt for him…Kurt would never have forced her into anything…and besides, after declaring their love for each other in Excalibur #65 they immediately went off to save their friends and kick bad guy butt, then they took off to Rachel’s future to kick more bad guy butt…on returning home, the team were in mourning for the lost Brian when the Starjammers showed up to take her away to face Shi’ar justice…they never had the time.
So they had time to go to the opera, but they didn't have time for sex? Yeah right! Most people, in real life, do have sex before deciding they love each other. Anyway, it was this scene that convinced me they'd had sex... when I first read it... at the age of like 15... before I even knew what sex was.

It's the classic "trail off cause you can't say sexing in a comic book" move! What else could she have been about to say? It has been over fifteen planet roations since we have watched a movie? Since we have gone to dinner? They had sex. More than once. Get over it.

(You can totally see his Catholic guilt coming out here, if it makes y'all feel better. And Cerise's "innocence" just means that she doesn't see anything shameful about sex.)

[Edited on 28-7-2006 by The Drastic Spastic]
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Anjulie being an exception, that does strike me as out of character for Kurt. He's a flirt, but not necessarily the sort to sleep with a woman he's not at least convinced he loves. (I mean, he's a romantic, and there's no real romance in sex without love.) Finally, he's a hero. Even if what you say about "most people" is true, what it takes to be a hero in any universe is simply behaving better than "most people." (And if you doubt that, you should have heard what Stan Lee had to say on "Who Wants to be a Superhero" tonight.)

elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by elfofdoom »

what issues is this
D.croft