Kurt's love interest?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!

Kurt's love interest?

Total votes: 0

Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Bitsy »

Ok, after reading the first two parts of "The Winding Way" (which ROCKS so far!), I remember the part where Kurt's hallucinating and he sees the three main ladies in his life, all wanting to express their love: Storm, Amanda, and Christine Palmer.

I know I'm wrong, but I have the strongest suspicion that Kurt will eventually hook up with one of them! Who do you all think it will be? Personally, I'm hoping for Christine. I mean, I know Amanda and Kurt were an item once and there was that "Kuroro" thing with X2, but in this series I think it'd be nice to see Kurt with someone who isn't on the same level with him. Christine's human, yet she doesn't care that Kurt's a mutant. That, to me, is true love.

K, polls open! (I really hope I did this right)
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Saint Kurt »

Cool poll... I remember a while back Darick promising that Nightcrawler's love life would get "interesting".

I guess it's happening.

-e
KittyWillow
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt's love interest?

Post by KittyWillow »

I think he should have all of them...at once.

:whistle
"I'm not even supposed to BE here today" - Dante
"they say its as big as four cats, and it has one leg that can retract inside its body so it can leap up at you better, and you can't leave it by itself or it goes mad, Its got magnets on its tail so if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you. And instead of a mouth its got four arses..." - Dougal
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Kurt's love interest?

Post by HoodedMan »

... that would be... interesting, yes. :D But I doubt Marvel would let it be published. :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Well...the whole Kuroro thing should be over with mhen X3 comes out and she gets busy with Wolverine (:yech)...Darick has said that Marvel won't let him get involved with Christine...and it's pretty obvious he and Amanda are well and truely over if you ask me...I'd like to see him with Christine...nice normal, didn't bat an eye when she met him in all his blue, fuzzy glory, Christine...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Bitsy
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Bitsy »

Whatty mean Marvel won't let him be with Christine? Why's that a problem? This is a series different from the X-men universe, right?
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Bitsy
Whatty mean Marvel won't let him be with Christine? Why's that a problem? This is a series different from the X-men universe, right?
Meh..I think it's the same universe, just inbetween what goes on in every other X-book...Kurt's extra time.
Originally posted by Nandireya
I'd like to see him with Christine...nice normal, didn't bat an eye when she met him in all his blue, fuzzy glory, Christine...
mmm-hmm, yep yep
I really liked the idea of Kurt and Cristine...the man needs to take a risk once and a while...at least it's not a life threatening risk.

Blue, fuzzy glory...heh:whistle

...if only Cerise were back in the picture...
one name: Bruce Campbell
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Bitsy
Darick said that Marvel won't allow it because of what Claremont's got planned in Uncanny X-Men...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

buri103
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by buri103 »

Well, to hear Marvel tell tell it, Kurt will apparently be 'team-less' after the house of M ends, so what plans could there possibly be? And his solo books is on its way to getting canceled...

I'm feeling bitter at how Kurt is getting the big stick...

:bite
25 And the Lord spake unto the Angel that guarded the eastern gate, saying Where is the flaming sword which was given unto thee?

26 And the Angel said, I had it here only a moment ago, I must have put it down some where, forget my own head next.

27 And the Lord did not ask him again.
~Good Omens

http://www.nataliedee.com/ and http://www.toothpastefordinner.com
Azur
Lubber
Lubber

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Azur »

i know it's a weird idea but... after HoM, he could get involved with Wanda, and leave the X-Men for the Avengers ('TJ', anyone ?), at least for a while.
honestly, i'm not convinced of this hypothesis myself, but still, we could try and think about it ?

...personally, i'd rather have Cerise back :shrug
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Kurt's love interest?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Azur
i know it's a weird idea but... after HoM, he could get involved with Wanda, and leave the X-Men for the Avengers ('TJ', anyone ?), at least for a while.
honestly, i'm not convinced of this hypothesis myself, but still, we could try and think about it ?

The Kurt/Wanda shipper in me prays it's possible....but I don't see it as very likely...will there even be an Avengers after HoM?? I mean, they've already got the New Avengers....

and buri103....where did you hgear Kurt would be teamless?? Or is it just a hypothesis of yours? I'm curious, because I have not heard anything specific about him post HoM
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Lysistrata »

Where did Marvel say Kurt would be teamless after HoM? Won't he still be in Uncanny (albiet, with few appearances)?
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Clam yourselves, people...Chris Claremont has said he's staying in Uncanny...in fact, except for an as yet unnamed new character, the team's staying the way it is...

buri103
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by buri103 »

Oh, ok, sorry folks I spouted off, don't listen to me... my bad...^_^

I silly.

:toothy
25 And the Lord spake unto the Angel that guarded the eastern gate, saying Where is the flaming sword which was given unto thee?

26 And the Angel said, I had it here only a moment ago, I must have put it down some where, forget my own head next.

27 And the Lord did not ask him again.
~Good Omens

http://www.nataliedee.com/ and http://www.toothpastefordinner.com
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nightwind »

I wish they would make more of Nightcrawler's solo comics... They're soooooooooo good!!!:thumbup

I love Kurt... :love

Anyways... I'm going to bed... :nap Goodnight!!
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Lysistrata »

Clam yourselves, people...Chris Claremont has said he's staying in Uncanny...in fact, except for an as yet unnamed new character, the team's staying the way it is...
Thanks, Nandireya! Losing his series is one thing - turning into one of the little lost lambs of Marvel would be another. I'm glad to hear that was just a little confusion.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

originally posted by Azur
Cheers!
one name: Bruce Campbell
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Lysistrata »

NG, I'm with you on hoping HoM could throw those wacky kids together - espically with what Claremont is doing in the current tie-in - but I seriously doubt it. In fact, I'm in serious doubt she's going to surivie the miniseries. Mags will, because he sells books, but I get the feeling Wanda's going to get it.

At least we'll have the AU's. Goodness knows Marvel doesn't mind spending quality time in other universes.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by prettyminotaur »

Storm, all the way. If you read the old 70s, 80s stuff, he's always kind of flirting with her, saying how beautiful she is, and so forth...I don't like Christine Palmer...and I think there's too much history between he and Amanda to start anew...but I'm glad to see the fuzzy elf's getting some lovin'...that priest thing was lame, he's too cute to be celibate!

:bamf
Bamf, suckas!
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Lysistrata »

That's one of the issues I have with Ultimate!Kurt. I've always seen him as this basically good looking guy who happens to be blue and furry. The "monsterousness" was all in the most casual of perception, but anyone who stopped to look beyond the fur, hands and tail would see a real hunk.

In the Ultimate universe, they've stripped him of that basic hunkiness, toned down his sense of humor, all but exorcised his Catholicism, and left him a more classic quasimodo - elegant mind in an unappealing body. I understand wanting to show off the modern color palate, perhaps make him and Hank different shades of blue, but I think they've lost something in this revision of the character. Ultimate!Kurt isn't too cute to be celibate, though arguably, he's still too sweet to stay single. ;)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Angelique »

Yeah, I really had no problem with the whole Nighty-as-priest deal. Truth is, the priesthood isn't just for socially inept, plain-looking guys who can't get a date. Funny thing is, I knew a guy in high school. He was easy to talk to, had a wonderfully zany sense of humor, was a generally happy-go-lucky guy, very athletic (being a skateboarder and a gymnast on track for the Olympics until an injury iced those plans), and quite easy on the eyes. He could have dated his pick of girls. But a lot of those same qualities the girls liked about him in high school are the same as what makes him a great priest today.
But anyway, since the priesthood has been effectively ruled out for Nighty, I agree. It would be a crime for Kurt to stay single.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by prettyminotaur »

Nightcrawler is HOT. HOOOOOTTTT. Especially the way Darick draws him. Sometimes I feel weird having a crush on a fictional character who has blue fur and a tail, but I can't deny it--he's gorgeous...and such a great personality...and isn't it awesome how he's perpetually taking SHOWERS in the solo series? :naughty

Bamf and drooool...

:love
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Lysistrata
Ultimate!Kurt isn't too cute to be celibate, though arguably, he's still too sweet to stay single. ;)
Um...you do realise that Ultimate Kurt is only 14 years old, right?

taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Kurt's love interest?

Post by taekwondodo »

Um...you do realise that Ultimate Kurt is only 14 years old, right?
Eh, I think they abandoned that when the re-introduced him. He's certainly never looked or acted 14 since. Though I actually haven't read much since the Mojo Arc, so they could have gone back to the original characterization/design, I suppose...
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Lysistrata »

Let's see, they started publishing Ultimate X-Men in 2000, right? So if we weren't dealing with MarvelTime(TM) he'd be 19 by now. Barely legal.

That's one of the fun things about reading comics. Nightcrawler was way too old for me when I first started reading. Now, he's way too young for me. ;) I still like reading, but the changes in perspective are always interesting. Maybe that's why so many women post-30 love Wolverine - he'll NEVER be too young for them. :LOL