Kurt's love interest?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!

Kurt's love interest?

Total votes: 0

Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by taekwondodo
He's certainly never looked or acted 14...
True...but the Weapon X people had him in their clutches for 8 months...who knows what they did to him beyond making him into a brimstone furnace (and desperate enough to kill to escape)? Perhaps they threw a few growth hormones into his dinner?
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Lysistrata
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Lysistrata »

I re-read the Ultimate X-Men "Return of the King" TPB last night (TBP's are a perfect length for indulging in a nice, long, hot soak) and thought of this discussion.

I think the writers portray him as different ages. It's a bit of a continuity glitch, but I enjoy the series enough to let it slide. When he's first introduced, he's portrayed as very young, very innocent, and very abused by the Weapon X program.

When we see him again in "Return of the King," he's competantly driving a car while having his junior 007 moment on the run from the police. He's drawn very much as an adult. Sure, we could gloss over the dialog and small hints of maturity, but at the end of the TPB, he's 'porting all over the room, serving champgne. When Bobby asks for some, Kurt chides that Bobby better have a VERY convincing ID. This would suggest Kurt's at least 21 (legal drinking age in America) if he's both serving and making sure minors don't drink.

Then we move on to the next storyline and suddenly he's portrayed as being around 16, interested in normal teen things, and no longer Mr. Junior 007.

I'd harass Marvel for not keeping up with continuity, but when they DO keep up with it, you get Editorial Direction for all storylines and little room for the writers to stretch creatively. I'm willing to forgive the wandering ages and other minor continuity issues in exchange for a well told story.
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Tracker »

Originally posted by Lysistrata
I'd harass Marvel for not keeping up with continuity, but when they DO keep up with it, you get Editorial Direction for all storylines and little room for the writers to stretch creatively. I'm willing to forgive the wandering ages and other minor continuity issues in exchange for a well told story.
Amen to that! Having all the different perspectives is what makes comics in general a joy to read.
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by prettyminotaur »

Laws, schmaws... :naughty
Bamf, suckas!
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by kurt_the_quick »

if Kurt would get together with either Ororo or Wanda I would be very happy.

but I was always weirded out by Kurt/Amanda. they were raised as siblings, though more abstractly than American families.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Kurt's love interest?

Post by kladyelf »

Re: ultimate NC's varying age,

well being drawn adult is one thing but in regards to his traumatic past (weapon X and just being blue and furry) it could just be that he grew up quickly and the fur, combined with the fact that his face is "always in shadow" making it difficult to guess his actual age would attribute to the um... age swings that we see

and i always thought that NC and Cecelia Reyes (sp?) would make for an interesting (if prickly) couple
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by prettyminotaur »

Where does the "14" for Ultimate Kurt come from? I don't remember reading that in the comics...
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Ultimate X-Men#9 - Return to Weapon X: Part 3 - page 12 - panel 2:

Wraith: "I can't create a SHIELD response unit from a fourteen-year-old teleporter, a human juggernaut, a Marilyn Manson fan who can kill you if she touches you and a poor man's Wolverine."

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Kurt's love interest?

Post by HoodedMan »

Heh. Besides revealing Kurt's age, that's one of the best quotes in the series. "A Marilyn Manson fan who can kill you if she touches you..." touché! :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Dark Rose Siren
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Dark Rose Siren »

i'd like to see him with Rachel Grey :rachel
(i also like :wan-kurt)
i dont really care for the nighty-storm relationship

as for amanda :yech :die
When barbarians are at the gate, Oh just Let'im in, they're barbarians, they're coming in anyway.
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by prettyminotaur »

Why anti-Amanda? I love her...especially Darick Robertson's rendition of her.

I was skeptical of the whole Rachel Grey thing...but I've just now gotten into the Uncanny X-Men: The New Age TPBs, and that whole pirate thing was cuuuute, plus Storm really angered me with her Wolvie-kissage. The look on Kurt's face...ouch. Nobody hurts the fuzzy elf! Not on my watch! :bamf
Bamf, suckas!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Angelique »

I'm not so much anti-Amanda. But that whole relationship is straight from the Ick Files.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by Angelique
I'm not so much anti-Amanda. But that whole relationship is straight from the Ick Files.
So is the Kurt/Rachel thing...at least from her perspective...he helped raise her...he's like an uncle to her!

prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Kurt's love interest?

Post by prettyminotaur »

True...I just don't know what to think anymore! I'm so mad at Ororo...
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by prettyminotaur
True...I just don't know what to think anymore! I'm so mad at Ororo...
We can't blame Ororo...she's a fictional character...blame the editors who think Wolverine should get everything he wants!

Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Cibo »

Yeah, he gets all the fame, the spotlight- AND he's played by Hugh Jackman. :D
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Tonks Kittygoth
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Tonks Kittygoth »

Thanks Angelique for pointing out that priests arent priests because of having nothing better to do. I know a bunch of priests who are cute, intelligent, funny, kind guys, who are also devoted enough to thier faith to go farther with it.

As far as I know, if they suspect you are only joining the priesthood to escape or because you cant get something you want like a girl in secualar life, they would council you, but never let you go on to being a priest.

In American Catholocism at least.

Kurt would have been a very good priest, but his calling was for a differnt realm, and being a priest is way too hard a job to go off and be a part time Xman on the side.

I did think it was lame to make his mentor all evil etc. I understand it was a way to get him out of being ordained... but still....
Whatever doesnt kill you, makes you stronger. - Marcus Aurelius
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

I don't think his romance with Amanda is going to restart:die

We know that Wolverine is gonna get Storm :poke :storm

So that leaves us with :wanda and :rachel, I think.

But I'm not so sure about Wanda after House of M.
In short I am confused, Marvel should just stick him with someone and stop dancing about the subject.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Kurt's love interest?

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Since it's obvious that the Marvel universe is having trouble sticking him with a female companion...he should try something new, if you get my drift. :evil:naughtyfun fun.

But that's just MHO.
one name: Bruce Campbell
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Kurt's love interest?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by confusedelf

But I'm not so sure about Wanda after House of M.
In short I am confused, Marvel should just stick him with someone and stop dancing about the subject.
I dunno, I think after HoM what Wanda needs is a little male companionship....specifically with a guy who can procreate....

They do have a daughter...however alternate universe she is (does anyone else find it odd that Wanda has yet to meet/know about TJ? I do...)

And no, i'll never give up on this pairing :p
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

Hmmm... have Wanda meet T.J. interesting,
I wonder what will happen in the Next Uncanny since It is titled "End of Grey":?
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Confizzle »

As a second thought will they pair T.J. with anyone.
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I know this has been overdone:urg

Post by Confizzle »

Anyway the millon dollar question who would be with Kurt?

:wanda
:rachel
:amanda
:storm
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Angelique »

Ideally, none of the above. But of those options, I'd say Ororo's best.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Kurt's love interest?

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

not "who will kurt be with" but "who would kurt be with".
Ororo