Kurt Wagner lives in my town!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, how cool can a phone book be when it serves a town of about 50,000? Cool enough, that when I noticed our book was open to the W's, I found a listing for Kurt Wagner! Then, just for a lark, I tried looking up other X-names, and I found a listing for J & S Summers. Just a random bit of coolness. I'm sure those of us in larger cities could find even more!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I once called a James Potter to warn him of Voldemort.. he didn't find the warning very useful or funny..
theatrepirate
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by theatrepirate »

I noticed while in the mailroom at school last year that one of my fellow co-workers had the name "K. Wagner" on the mailbox. I thought it was kinda cool...until I discovered that the teacher is a female, and her first name isn't Kurt. (Guess it's not Mutant High!) :rolleyes I still accidentally pronounce her name as Mrs. "Vaugner" instead of Mrs. Wagner quite a bit, though!

...and we had the idea, that if we were really good, God would permit us to be pirates." - Mark Twain
Cibo
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Cibo »

In my city there live even five "Kurt Wagners"... sorry, Wagner is a very common name in Germany (there are over 300 listed in the telephone book of my city which has a population of ca. 320.000) and Kurt is, too (though I wouldn't consider it very fashionable nowadays) so I don't think it's that suprising to find one here and there, even abroad.
And no offense, but Kurt is a downright ugly name.:( (It is. Over here. Honestly.)
And now there's life/ And a chance to make up for all those mistakes/ But please don't get me wrong/ Cos everything was honest/ True and from the heart/ There's still the same old hang ups so don't fret/ It's not safe yet/ And who knows there's always time to screw up again
The Cooper Temple Clause
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

>In my city there live even five "Kurt Wagners"

Don't I know about names that are common in Germany, and almost nonexistent here. My maiden name is Jung. I had to go through life with next to nobody spelling or pronouncing my name correctly. And I caught some flack for it even among the more educated in college. Like "Miss Jung, why aren't you majoring in psychology?" "I don't know, Dr. Spinoza. Why aren't you teaching philosophy?" I'm sure I wouldn't have had to put up with that in Germany!
So I married an Irishman and took his name, and now I live in a town where anyone without a Scandinavian name is in the minority. So I still get questions and odd looks about my last name! :doh!
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Originally posted by Blue_Demon94
I once called a James Potter to warn him of Voldemort.. he didn't find the warning very useful or funny..
:worship :LOL :LOL :LOL :worship

Funniest joke I've heard in ages ! LOL
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Originally posted by Cibo
And no offense, but Kurt is a downright ugly name.:( (It is. Over here. Honestly.)
I like the name Kurt personally.. it's only one syllable and it's spelled how it sounds, so it's easy to remember.. I plan on naming my first boy Kurt Robert.. (Fan boy much?!)

[qoute]Diablo
Funniest joke I've heard in ages ! LOL[/quote]

The guy didn't find it funny.. he called back and my cousin did the thing kids usually do and said "Wrong number" and hung up on him.. Those were the days before we knew of *69.. I think I've called Harry Potter on several occasions, but don't really remember the outcome of those encounters..
rad_666
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by rad_666 »

:LOL I remember when I was VERY young, dialing in a random number and singing a song..didn't realise
a) it was an real number
b) it recorded on an answer machine
c) the australian man whose phone itwas would actually back and was very confused..
anyway, upon entering a search of "Kurt Wagner" into picsearch, it came up with some amusing results. I advise you to try it. ;)
Can you hear me?
Are you near me?
Can we pretend, to leave and then
We'll meet again
When both our cars collide :dance

I AM THE LOLLY LADY! :eeevil bow to meh :worship :eeevil
fallacy
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by fallacy »

hallo together,

a friend of mine calles daniel wagner...
and i know fey more...

greetings alex
grüsse alex
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Today in school, I was signing in on one of the computers and it seem that the previous user was 'Kwagner'.. I knew there wasn't a Kurt in my school (otherwise I'd have befriended Mr. Wagner), but the idea of having that as your student access name made me shriek like a little girl..:shifty
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

Alkuperäinen postittaja Blue_Demon94
You are an evil man my friend. :D
kamizzi
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot
Title: Encourager Extraodinaire

Post by kamizzi »

I've got friend Darek Wagner - he's brother is K. Wagner (but Krzy¶ not Kurt :()
:?
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I had a James Bond for a teacher :)

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
I had a James Bond for a teacher :)

Paws
My Great Grandad was James Bond :P