A quick question about teleportation

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

I've read many times that Kurt's teleportation power like many others developed in his teenage years. But is there a back story to this? With other mutants there is some story but I haven't heard any about Nightcrawler.
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by InterNutter »

X-Men never canonically covered it, but the standard story is that Jimaine fell during a performance and Kurt bamfed to her rescue.

Exactly why Xavier let Kurt sit things out until he was 20 remains a mystery, though...
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
DeeJay
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by DeeJay »

Ah I think I have seen pictures of that incident.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

[quote]Originally posted by InterNutter
Exactly why Xavier let Kurt sit things out until he was 20 remains a mystery, though... [/quote]

Not entirely a mystery...

In Uncanny X-Men #300 there’s a little flashback with Charles and Moria just before he formed the original X-Men and he has little dossiers on Kurt, Ororo and Piotr as well but cites their international citizenships as making things too complicated at the time…though even then he envisioned them as the ‘next generation’ of X-Men…
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Dedicatedfollower467
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Dedicatedfollower467 »

w00t!!! found it! Well, kinda. My comment will be slightly off topic.
InterNutter wrote: Exactly why Xavier let Kurt sit things out until he was 20 remains a mystery, though...
I always kind of thought that maybe it was because Kurt was quite well-cared for already, and had sort of taught himself to deal with his power well.

I mean, he's got the circus, right? They look out for him, watch over him, take care of him, basically they have his back in almost any situation. He's got a family and a fulfilling life. And he's demonstrated an ability to use his power effectively, and most importantly to CONTROL his power, which two of the five original X-kids couldn't, and the other three had only a vague idea of how to use their power. Kurt at that point could take complete care of himself.

Now, Xavier steps onto the scene after Kurt starts having some major troubles. His circus is basically broken apart, so that he is separated from the care and protection afforded by his fellow performers. He's been drugged and badly abused, which really can't help the teleporting, and then he ended up accidentally killing his brother. Yes, Xavier needs a new team, but he ends up arriving in Kurt's life at a point when Kurt needs him, like he does with all the others.

I don't think it's coincidence simply because Xavier is a telepath.
~Def.
"A dedicated follower of nothing." -- graffitit artist in Brick Lane, London, England.
Right across the lane from the demon and just down the wall from Wolverine.
RIP Kurt Wagner. You were the character who brought in me into comics, who introduced me and inspired me. Now your death has sent me away again. Wherever you are in the Marvel Universe, I hope its someplace pleasant.
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

in wolverine and the x-men proff.xiaver brough him to the school when he was still yung:bamf:smirk
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)