Need some Kuroro help...

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by prettyminotaur »

Hey all,

I've returned to the X-fold after a 5 or 6 year hiatus (thanks to the Nightcrawler solo book, booo!), and I'm FASCINATED by the concept of Storm and Nightcrawler getting together, as he's long been my fave. I really need a primer on recent "key Kuroro moments," particularly ones that are available in TPB form, ESPECIALLY the infamous waltz scene. Can anyone help me out here?

(I say "recent," because a reread of the old Claremont books reveals a LOT, and I mean, a LOT of tender moments between the two...it's been staring us in the face all this time, seriously!)

:worship
Bamf, suckas!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by HoodedMan »

Well, it's not comic, but I would suggest major scenes in X2 such as:

Kuroro in the X-Jet ("Someone as beautiful as you should not be so angry.")
Kurt in Anticerebro ("I'm not going anywhere.")

And more. Others can fill in the blanks. Hope that helps.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by Nandireya »

The air waltz was in #445: :storm "But when I see you move, I see a grace that makes my heart ache."

But I doubt anything's going to happen between them because after that she's all over Logan...actually kissing him right in front of Kurt in #455 :urg
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by prettyminotaur »

I don't know...I have faith in them...I can only hope that the writers see the potential! :urg

X-2...yes, yes, yes. So cute!
Bamf, suckas!
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by prettyminotaur »

Oh, and...I might be wrong, because I only skimmed through it in the shop, but didn't the Ororo/Wolvie kiss happen AFTER Kurt kissed Rachel Summers(I refuse to call her "Marvel Girl")?

I just can't help thinking that all Kurt's talk about "desire...for the touch of a woman..." is aimed at Someone specific, you know? Though I can't say I'd entirely mind him getting back with Amanda...she's always been cool.

Something to ponder...
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by Nandireya »

[quote]Originally posted by prettyminotaur
...I might be wrong, because I only skimmed through it in the shop, but didn't the Ororo/Wolvie kiss happen AFTER Kurt kissed Rachel Summers(I refuse to call her "Marvel Girl")?[/quote]

Yes it did…and it was nowhere near as passionate as the smooch Kurt lay on Rachel (which appeared to be very much a heat of the moment thing) but Ororo didn’t seem to care less about it whereas Kurt looked really hurt by the closed-mouth kiss she lay on Wolverine…

And even though I’d rather see her with Kurt (I’d actually rather see her with ANYBODY other than Wolverine…that guy’s like Bugs Bunny now, he never frikkin’ loses!), I wouldn’t take anything that happened in X2 to mean anything…Kurt’s not in X3 and rumour has it Wolverine and Ororo are gonna share the franchise’s first sex scene…

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by prettyminotaur »

Of course we can't count X-2. I really hope that some writer, in one of the books, has Kurt lay everything out on the table. I mean, seriously...Ororo, Marvel Girl, Amanda, Christine...Kurt's juggling so many ladies these days! (Can't say I blame any of them...:love) But one must win out, seriously...

Darick has said that things with Christine were toned down in the solo book due to what's been going on over in Uncanny...I hope that things work out okay.

As for X-3, I had been hoping that the first sex scene would be between Logan and Dark Phoenix. Anything else just cheapens both Wolvie and Storm's characters.... :doh!
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by prettyminotaur
Darick has said that things with Christine were toned down in the solo book due to what's been going on over in Uncanny...I hope that things work out okay.
Yeah...and Ororo did seem a little jealous when she went to see Phantom of the Opera with Kurt, Christine and Wolverine...but that was BEFORE Marvel dumped a whole lot of demands on Claremont...he seems to be losing a lot of control of Ororo...he says there's big plans for her in the Marvel Universe that have nothing to do with X-Men...probably why she's not going to be Uncanny's team leader much longer...

prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by prettyminotaur »

Yeah, jealous enough to make Christine nervous! Plus there's that whole coffee shop scene where Kurt's asking Logan about Ororo...Logan tries to change the subject to Kurt/Rachel, but Kurt subtly keeps steering it back to Ororo... >sigh<

Those crazy kids...
Bamf, suckas!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by Nandireya »

Yeah, jealous enough to make Christine nervous! Plus there's that whole coffee shop scene where Kurt's asking Logan about Ororo...Logan tries to change the subject to Kurt/Rachel, but Kurt subtly keeps steering it back to Ororo... >sigh<

Those crazy kids...
Kurt could have been testing the waters...seeing if there was something going on between Wolverine and Ororo...and, being the gentleman that he is, if there was he would certainly back off...but Wolverine just said they enjoy each other's company...

Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Hey all,

(I say "recent," because a reread of the old Claremont books reveals a LOT, and I mean, a LOT of tender moments between the two...it's been staring us in the face all this time, seriously!)

:worship
Sorry I didn't get to comment on this sooner, been too busy for much forum browsing lately.

You are a woman after my own heart. It has been there all the time, and if the editorial staff would just let Chris Claremont do what I think he would like to do, they would probably be as great a lovestory as Jean and Scott.

Just think about these, among other more recent moments -

Who stood by Ororo's side when she lost her powers, willing for her to be leader even if she was no longer technically a mutant? (Uncanny #190?)

Who almost had a nervous breakdown after Kurt was nearly killed by Riptide? Who sat by his bedside when he was in a comma? I don't think that was just guilt.

Who's arms did Ororo throw herself into after she broke up with Forge? (Uncanny #300)

It's always been there. If you're intersted in seeing some of the scans of their more tender moments - follow this link to Kuroro Faith, a website dedicated to the pairing of Kurt Wagner and Ororo Munroe.

It just makes me so mad that it appears the editors aren't going to allow Claremont to finish what he started, yet again. I would dearly love to know what CC had planned to do if he was allowed.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
prettyminotaur
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by prettyminotaur »

A-men, shadowdancer! It's been there for-ev-er...and I think it would be even more compelling than Scott and Jean...beauty and the beast, ya know...albeit a sexy beast...yeow! :love
Bamf, suckas!
kurt_the_quick
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by kurt_the_quick »

Ororo has had chemistry with pretty much every male team member at some point (even Colossus, pre-Kitty. :eek). so I can understand Ororo/Logan.
but Kurt has always been the "one". :D
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by Nandireya »

The X-Men/Black Panther cross-over strongly suggests the Ororo/Wolverine pairing...if this does come to pass it’s giving me an idea for a wonderfully dark fanfic…

meepdog
Lubber
Lubber

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by meepdog »

WHOO! Thank you, Shadow_Dancer! I looked at that link, and I found the "infamous" air waltz panels, which I have been wishing to view for weeks now! Whoo-hoo, I WUVED it!
:love + :storm = :) :D :LOL !!!
"Guess what? She's dating Chris!" X-MenSG1
"I don't believe it!" meepdog
"She is! It's true!" X-MenSG1
"I find that hard to believe!" meepdog
"I swear by Nightcrawler she's dating Chris." X-MenSG1
"Oh, well then, I HAVE to believe you now!" meepdog
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by Nandireya »

But now, with the Trophy Wife Debacle and Kurt heading off into deep space, the chances of Kuroro for real is pretty much zip.

Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by Confizzle »

They aren't just zip they're negative....
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer

You are a woman after my own heart. It has been there all the time, and if the editorial staff would just let Chris Claremont do what I think he would like to do, they would probably be as great a lovestory as Jean and Scott.
I know it's a moot point now, but I just had to quote this so I could scream "BLASPHEMY" at it.

So... BLASPHEMY!!! As if hooking up two old friends with no chemistry based a couple lines forced out of a couple lousy actors isn't the cheapest, lamest love story imaginable.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by chicory »

Old friends can sometimes develop deeper feelings for one another. And Kurt's always been attracted to Ororo - so I find it believeable. Also Nightcrawler's a lot mor grown-up than he was when they first met - so maybe Ororo would be more willing to consider him.

I really hate the idea of twisting comic plot to suit what happened in the movie. (Even if the Institute being a real school with a population of children came from the movie.)

Ororo shouldn't be anyone's trophy wife :shakeno - and why is Kurt going to deep space?
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by Confizzle »

"The Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar Empire" arc, and I still call Kuroro LAME!! :P
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Need some Kuroro help...

Post by Nandireya »

Then why are you in this thread? I'm not a do-or-die Kuroro fan (after all, I'm responsible for this smilie :wan-kurt though it's about as likely)...but I don't hate the pairing, I could handle it...it's Kurt with Rachel or Kitty that gets me :yech, but they also have their fans...