The Winding Way (Nightcrawler #7-11) SPOILERS on last 2 page

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

Aye, for sure !

No Nightcrawler beats Darick's blue elf, especially these days. :worship
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Shashuella
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Shashuella »

Darick how can you say your art work isn’t any good everything you do is beautiful.
Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around the eyes, look into my eyes. [click] You're under!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Oh, I don't know. It's hard to top the original, but yeah, Darick draws a very good Nighty.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Diablo »

To be honest, I'm really worried if there's another Kurt series without Darick and Roberto.
They both found the exact tone for the blue elf's adventures. An alchemy like this one won't be easy to reproduce. :
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Nightcrawler Artist!

Post by Darick »

Originally posted by Shashuella
Darick how can you say your art work isn’t any good
Did I say that? You know, I'm my own worst critic...
everything you do is beautiful.
:kiss
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

I don't know how many other people know this, but in the How to Draw from Wizard they've been putting out, Darick got to do a section on feet. Now, I'm not an artist, but all my artist friends go on and on about how they hate drawing feet, it's super-hard, etc etc. As further proof, just take a look in any comic and see how many ways people will try to get out of drawing feet (especially Rob Liefeld). Well-played on that Darick, and I really liked Wolverine's smelly boot and Kurt's reaction (great facial features, as always).

If you guys are really hankering for some more Darick artwork, go pick up some Transmetropolitan trades. The story is pretty wacky, and if I'm not mistaken, he's got artistic chores on the entire series. It's also Warren Ellis writing, so it'll be ... interesting, at the very least.

-idsunki, funny book shiller

PS: Wolverine's "hell" was pretty funny. Good show!
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by idsunki
Now, I'm not an artist, but all my artist friends go on and on about how they hate drawing feet, it's super-hard, etc etc. As further proof, just take a look in any comic and see how many ways people will try to get out of drawing feet (especially Rob Liefeld).
I'm not an artist either, but I did go to art school* and in figure drawing classes it was always "oops! out of paper!" or "there's a lot of fabric down there" whenever I got to the feet.
Well-played on that Darick, and I really liked Wolverine's smelly boot and Kurt's reaction (great facial features, as always).
Now I want to see this. (Which I suppose was your point.) :)
If you guys are really hankering for some more Darick artwork, go pick up some Transmetropolitan trades. The story is pretty wacky, and if I'm not mistaken, he's got artistic chores on the entire series.
I second that. I love Transmetropolitan. I actually like it better than the Nightcrawler series.

Hey! Stop throwing things and trying to empeach me and stuff!

I'm just trying to point out how great Transmetropolitan was. Nightcrawler is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really great. It's just that Transmetropolitan is really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really great.
PS: Wolverine's "hell" was pretty funny. Good show!
Also very true. I guess with all the hubub with the sword and stuff, we haven't bothered to talk about the funny little details. That was hilarious. It's fun to abuse Wolverine...

-e

*I was a habitual abuser of Microsoft's tutition reimbursament program. If you could justify it, they would pay for it. "Sure an art degree will make me a better computer nerd, Billg. How could it not?"
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

Originally posted by idsunki
if I'm not mistaken, he's got artistic chores on the entire series. It's also Warren Ellis writing, so it'll be ... interesting, at the very least.
Beyond that, I co-created and co-own the characters and the series and designed everything.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

There you have it, folks.

Now go buy it, or put it on your respective holiday lists.

There will be a quiz.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Lose ends

Post by elfofdoom »

the winding way leads up to this comic but the qustion is what will happen this time on kurt's b-day
D.croft
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by elfofdoom
the winding way leads up to this comic but the qustion is what will happen this time on kurt's b-day
Do you mean will a crystal statue of himself blow up in his face and suck him into a fake hell? Given the state of the world post HoM I'd guess most mutants are already there...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Comics

Post by elfofdoom »

I mean the new one there doing 'Lose ends.' It's a new Kurts b-day story with a new guess. I wonder who it is.

:azazel
D.croft
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Am I the only one that's really pissed at the blurb Marvel printed for #12? It all but accuses us of letting the series get cancelled!

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Nandi. What blurb are you speaking of? Could you post it please...I must be behind.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

Oh sure blame us:rolleyes
'To be a good designer, you have to be a very violent psychopath.' Stan Lee.
"If you've got Mystique as your girlfriend the fun you could have in bed - I've just imagined X-Men 3 might open with me in bed with Patrick Stewart." -- Sir Ian McKellen
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

Look, if each of you had bought 10,000 copies every month, the book would not have been cancelled. FACT!

Aren't you ashamed of yourselves? :shame
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

You didn't have to put it like that Darick.. I had $30,000 when issue 7 came out.. I knew I should have bought out the entire stock of that issue in New York, but I was too selfish.. sorry everyone:(d:doh! (Just as a note for future reference, issue 7 is probably my favorite issue and if I did have 10,000 issues I'd probably give it to everyone I meet and say, "Turn to the Letter's Page! I'm in it!!")
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
Nandi. What blurb are you speaking of? Could you post it please...I must be behind.
You know those boxes of the month's releases they have on the letter pages? There was one in New Excalibur #1, and this is what it said about Nightcrawler:
Nightcrawler #12: It’s Kurt’s birthday! You got him a present, right? You didn’t? God, you’re a jerk! It’s your fault if this book is cancelled.
I guess they were trying to be funny...but I found it rather offensive...

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

Did they mean that issue? Trying to say if nobody got him a present then they're calling off the party?! Either way, it's not our fault.. Marvel had to make room for more important Wolverine-driven stories.. it was a good run while it lasted though:bamf
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Nandireya
Nightcrawler #12: It’s Kurt’s birthday! You got him a present, right? You didn’t? God, you’re a jerk! It’s your fault if this book is cancelled.
I guess they were trying to be funny...but I found it rather offensive...
Thank you Nandireya.
I find that highly offensive. If that is an acusation towards the readers for not buying more of the issues, then who ever is in charge can just shove it up their ------- --- and pray it doesn't cause internal bleeding.:yell
Some of us can't afford buying more than one copy. I for one am trying to support other titles as well, so I can only hope to get one issue.

If you ask me, they're the Jerks for even putting that blurb out.

*pulls out non-Marvel comic books, and is completely content*

(all material in this post is the opinion of the poster...just letting off steam)
one name: Bruce Campbell
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

It's stuff like this that almost makes me ill. (Well, if I wasn't sick already, anyway.) I suppose it's our fault if we feel a bit alienated by remarks like that. On the other hand, I am thankful that some people appreciate their fans.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

elfofdoom
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

annoyed

Post by elfofdoom »

I am so annoyed about what marvel said in NEW EXCALIBER #1 " it your fault if this comic gets canceled. " I love the comic and buy Uncanny x-men, X-men, exlies Ecxcaliber's. and they have a cheak to take a comic I speacily make sure I had money for away form me. :bawl :yell I will hate Marvel forever for doing this to nightcrawler.! :bite
D.croft
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Guys, it's a joke....and that's all it's meant as. I think we all need to take a deep breath, count to ten, and realize there are far worse things to be angry over than a little blurb in the back of a comic book....

Marvel isn't trying to get rid of readers, i think more they just wanted to be a bit humorous......

But seriously, don't get offended so easily. There's nothing offensive about that at all. The series didn't pick up enough to make it, and that sucks, but whatever, it was good while it lasted and there's a chance that something new will come of it in the near-distant future......it's not like everything is written in stone at all times when it comes to this stuff....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Darick
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Darick »

You all know that I was joking, right? :smirk

No fan needs to feel bad that they only bought one copy.

The truth is that many folks wait for the trades and then that sends a signal that the book isn't selling well or has no following.
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Yes, Darick, I knew you were joking. (And I think your joke was in much better taste, too.)