UXM issue 455 preview.

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by kurtlover »

wow! i haven't check this forum on a while, but let me see if i get this straight.. there's a love triangle now? Ororo, Kurt and Logan? and Rachel is also there?
i haven't read UXM on ages, i must admit i am not quite interested in Uncanny right now but the whole thing seems to be intriguing.
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by kurtlover
i haven't read UXM on ages, i must admit i am not quite interested in Uncanny right now but the whole thing seems to be intriguing.
KURTLOVER you dont know what your missing!
Apologies to anyone that isnt enjoying UNCANNY right now, but at the moment I am absolutely loving this title . Maybe i'm biased 'cause I was raised on his stuff, but I think CLAREMONT is kicking a@@ on this book right now. NIGHTCRAWLERS' characterization during his run is....wow. (What a change from the whole 'NEO/Priest- Nightcrawler stuff from CC's last run!) Kurt's back to his fun- loving, swashbuckling, girl-crazy self. But with an edge and anger that I havent seen in him since the early issues of the original EXCALIBUR series. (Check out how pissed he gets at a Cop that prevents him and LOGAN from saving a Mutant child in CC's secong ish, and in the current issue NIGHTCRAWLER almost opens up a can of whoop-a@@ on BISHOP....!) The dialogue between LOGAN and KURT in the latter part of the aforementioned UNCANNY reminds you of just how tight these two are.
Oh and did I mention that ALAN DAVIS is rotating the ART chores every other story-arc ...:shocked These two legendary creators are obviously enjoying themselves and their love for NIGHTCRAWLER during this run is almost palpable.

READ THIS BOOK!

B A M F !
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by kurtlover »

I've read it, a few issues.. since CC returned, but i never buy them, i just read them in the store, perhaps i am not giving them enough credit or i am just being a dork, but i can't find the book appealing for now, perhaps is because i am more focused in other things, but since i found this preview intrigued i might buy it when it comes out and lets see what happens ;)
Diablo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by Diablo »

I'll add my two cents : Uncanny is for me the direct sequel to the first Excalibur series -as Bamf pointed out. ;)
It's a real joy, and it's true you can feel Alan Davis's love for Kurt. Chris Claremont I don't know... he seems to only give credit to Kurt when Davis is aboard... really ! Perhap's Davis has his own ideas. I know they used to speak a lot during Excalibur.
Here, Claremont seems to care about Kurt.
The sole thing I really don't like is the idea of Kurt being sad because of Ororo. Attracted by her, OK. But sad...

Anyway, it's a great ride. And Alan Davis is, as always, one of the really best.
Rock is alive : Atlantys. :guitar
www.atlantys.biz

:wanda :bamf :psylocke :phoenix :kylun :rogue
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by kurtlover
but since i found this preview intrigued i might buy it when it comes out and lets see what happens ;)
Cool Beans KURTLOVER! If ya can, also check out 'The Fury' storyarc. Even if CC's writing isnt your cup of tea DAVIS' artwork will most definitely blow you away! (KURT and ORORO literally dancing on air, the fight between SAGE and NIGHTCRAWLER....WoW!)

B A M F !
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by Diablo
Anyway, it's a great ride. And Alan Davis is, as always, one of the really best.
DITTO!

:D

B A M F !
Kaileighblue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by Kaileighblue »

Maybe I'm the only one that finds the rachel/kurt Ororo/logan thing odd O_o..
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by DoomInABox »

I find it a tad odd, but I'm not complaining. Kurt's getting screen time. So what if it's lip-locking with the X-Women? I'm happy seeing blue fuzziness, even if it's drowned in angst.
"Picture this: bumpity bumpity bumpity SPLAT!"
-- Nightcrawler, X-Men Evolution

Visit my art sites, please!
http://www.kenthayle.deviantart.com
http://www.geocities.com/ironthorncomics
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by kurtlover »

Originally posted by Kaileighblue
Maybe I'm the only one that finds the rachel/kurt Ororo/logan thing odd O_o..
No, i find it kinda odd myself, i see Rachel more like a sister for Kurt than a lover, i guess its because of those old X-Men comics.
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by DoomInABox »

Hey, yeah ... didn't she say something once, about how the Kurt in her past took her to the circus and told her bedtime stories when she was little?

I dunno, but NOW it's starting to seem weird ...

DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by DoomInABox »

Hey, it's not like getting close to a sister-figure is a new thing for him ...

Oh, that was just BAD :: slaps self :: Bad girl!!

Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Thats why I have a problem with the whole Rachel thing, but it would be Rachel that should see Kurt as a brother figure because it was an alternate reality Kurt that treated her like a sister.

This Kurt has no memories of doing what you've described. However, I still think she's a tad young for him even so.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

A tad young?? How old is she? He's supposed to be like 25-27 right? Even if she's only like 20, that's not even worth commenting on.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by DoomInABox
That's right; was he not with Amanda at one point? That was certainly interesting. She seemed too maternal/sisterly to me.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
taekwondodo
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by taekwondodo »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
A tad young?? How old is she? He's supposed to be like 25-27 right? Even if she's only like 20, that's not even worth commenting on.
I completely agree and I'd much rather see him with Rachel than with Storm if Claremont ends up feeling compelled to pair him with someone. Rachel seems like a much better match in temperment.
Kaileighblue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by Kaileighblue »

If then can comment on how Rahne is 3 years older than a kind in the Academy X book they'll sure comment about that.

I just don't hink it *looks* right. Maybe it's the Fangirl in me But at least Kurt and Ororo dodn't make me queasy
B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by B A M F ! »

Originally posted by DoomInABox

LOL!

B A M F !
Swiss_bamf
Lubber
Lubber

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by Swiss_bamf »

I saw the Preview too,plus the four extra Pages,and I must say,I like it a lot.I think it would be nice too see a Single Nightcrawler Cover for UXM.The last one was, if I remember correctly UXM 444( at that was only his Tail so it doesn't count).I'm waiting for that :nodyes
I'm out :bamf
Fav Comics: All with an X on it.
Fav Characters: Nightcrawler,Colossus,Kitty Pryde
Fav Quote: Nocturne: Dad!!!
Nightcrawler: Vas?Verdammter Mist,I know I
schould have been more care
full.
:LOL
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by DoomInABox »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
That's right; was he not with Amanda at one point? That was certainly interesting. She seemed too maternal/sisterly to me.
Not only were he and Amanda in a relationship at one time (more than once, if I recall), they were raised together as brother and sister, though he was adopted and there's no blood relation between them. Still, I've always found it icky nonetheless ... you know, like when Princess Leia kissed Luke Skywalker? That kind of icky.

B A M F !
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by B A M F ! »

When I really think about it I guess being romantically involved with your adopted sis is kinda icky. Kurt and Rachel hooking up doesnt really bother me that much. I figure Kurt is like what..in his late twenties at the most? I imagine Rachel to be somewhere in her very early twenties. Not too much of an age difference.
I cant help wondering though what CYCLOPS would think of NIGHTCRAWLER swapping saliva with his alternate reality daughter .... :eek

B A M F !
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by DoomInABox »

Originally posted by B A M F !
I cant help wondering though what CYCLOPS would think of NIGHTCRAWLER swapping saliva with his alternate reality daughter .... :eek
Haha hah ...

Rachel: (points to an unconscious Kurt lying smoking on the floor) Daddy! How many time do I have to tell you, stop pulverizing my boyfriends!

I know it's not really like that between Rachel and Cyke ... in fact I don't even think they're talking to each other anymore. But it's still a funny scenario.

Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Here's a link to more preview pages, although there seems to be a gap (Nandy referred to a couple more pages I can't find a link to) and the extra pages have no dialog.

Uncanny X-Men #455

I'd love to know what that missing dialog is.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Ooh, thank you.

I want that iss...NOW!!

X-23, is she like stalking Logan or som'fin?
We will see.
GO NC, GO NC!!!!:dance
one name: Bruce Campbell
DoomInABox
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by DoomInABox »

I think she's actually pissed cuz Storm whacked him.

That's so cute, Nighty acting all "it was no problem" and Storm smiling at him. :)

Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

UXM issue 455 preview.

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think X-23 is scoping him out, maybe to see if she's really his daughter or not. She could also be keeping an eye out for him, watching his back maybe, which is nice of her, but still a little creepy:LOL