Who do you think Nighty will hook up with?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
You know, I can so totally see the closet-bi thing in Kurt...buuuuuuut, no. I don't think the Emma thing would be to good unless she really messed with his head, I don't know, she just...no.
No, her messing with his head is WHY it would be good.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
BH123
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Who should be Nightcrawler's girlfriend?

Post by BH123 »

There have been a number of women who have dated Kurt over the years, or who have been presented as potential romatic interests. If Nightcrawler did once again have a regular girlfriend, who would you want it to be?

I would choose Cerise, the Shi'Ar renegade introduced by Alan Davis in Excalibur. She was very much written as a stranger in a strange land, and almost immediately hit it off with Kurt, who was no strange to alienation. The two had a really fun, enjoyable relationship, and they made a nice couple. However, soon after Davis left the series, Cerise was written out, and she has only appeared perhaps three times since then. It would be great if she could return to Earth and hook up with Kurt again.
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

I think he needs some one new and fresh. There is way to may problems that would come out with any of his past girl friends or any of his female friends in the comics right now. I don’t know about you guys but it seems like all of his past girls were too busy for him. They had other things to do and a completely different life from Kurt. If Kurt wanted to be with any of them he would half to fallow the girl and give up his old life. It always felt to me like he was trying to be what they wanted him to be. He needs to date an average looking girl. A woman that is not this stunning beauty with huge powers and that feels like she needs to constantly go out and prove herself.
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

Well, I like Wanda and Kurt. Seriously. I want to see them together. They share a common past in more ways then one and hey, maybe someday we can see a baby TJ?
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
BH123
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by BH123 »

Originally posted by LadyErin
Well, I like Wanda and Kurt. Seriously. I want to see them together. They share a common past in more ways then one and hey, maybe someday we can see a baby TJ?
Not good timing. Right now, Wanda is busy getting jiggy with Captain America :D

Okay, so if I had to pick a brand-new romantic interest for Kurt Wagner, someone he has never been involved with before, who would I pick? :?

[Ben thinks for a while, and imagines the Jeopary theme playing in background]

How about Carol Danvers? I think they could make an interesting couple.
Dezzy Dragon
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Dezzy Dragon »

Oh my Carol Danvers? When I read that I nearly chocked. Never in a million years would I have thought about a paring of those two. Is it just me or are all the girls in the comics just not as full of life as Kurt is? They seem all so catty and over sensitive as of late. Maybe that is why I can’t seem to think of one woman that would be good with Kurt.
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

I agree with comment that is should be someone "ordinary", at least in the sense of a non-mutant, or someone with a more passive power....not another Miss-buff-super-babe type....though you've gotta admit, most men would go for those. As far as a potential girlfriend's looks, I always thought he and Kitty looked good together, though the age difference, religious convictions and big brother type relationship would keep me from wanting them to be a couple.
In the X-men letters page, they hinted that his love life was about to get complicated. I'm guessing part of that complication would be Storm--not someone I would choose to pair him with at all, for a variety of reasons. I wonder who complication number two will be??? Hopefully not a blast from the past....the writers are bad about doing that with Nighty.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Originally posted by Sundown
I agree with comment that is should be someone "ordinary", at least in the sense of a non-mutant, or someone with a more passive power....not another Miss-buff-super-babe type.
:nodyes Mmm-hmmm I soo agree with that, it would make a very interesting story also. And a non-buff-super-babe would be awesome. There seem to be alot of Miss-buff-super-babes in his life, and the buff-super part usualy implies that they would be too busy with crime fighting and what not. He needs someone that is willing to settle and wait for him, and stand by his side.
one name: Bruce Campbell
LadyErin
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by LadyErin »

Originally posted by BH123

Not good timing. Right now, Wanda is busy getting jiggy with Captain America :D
*clamps hands over ears* La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la....I can't hear you...La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la....
http://lady_erin.livejournal.com
:magneto
What do you mean, you "don't believe in homosexuality?" It's not like the Easter Bunny, your belief isn't necessary. ~~Lea DeLaria
Want to IM me? U2U me for the screenname.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by CurlyyHairGirl
He needs someone that is willing to settle and wait for him, and stand by his side.
No wonder he's single. That sacrifice for your man stuff went out in the 50s. :P

Dating a superhero would be horrible. As much as I hate Amanda, their arrangement really did work best. She travelled around for work and had her own life. (Presumably. Never saw any of it.) A full time superhero could never be adequate as more than a casual boyfriend.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Originally posted by The Drastic Spastic
A full time superhero could never be adequate as more than a casual boyfriend.
...unless they were on the same team.

Kurt's always been attracted to strong women that also have something that makes them vulnerable (Meggan's innocence, Cerise's naiveté). He needs an equal partner, not some helpless female that sits at home and waits for him.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Shadow_Dancer
A full time superhero could never be adequate as more than a casual boyfriend.
...unless they were on the same team.
...yes. And since it's the X-Men they never have to worry about one of them dying.
Kurt's always been attracted to strong women that also have something that makes them vulnerable (Meggan's innocence, Cerise's naiveté). He needs an equal partner, not some helpless female that sits at home and waits for him.
Meggan, strong? Ummm no. She doesn't even have a quiet strength. She's a total doormat.
Shadow_Dancer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Shadow_Dancer »

Meggan, strong? Ummm no. She doesn't even have a quiet strength. She's a total doormat.
Well, personality wise sure, that was her vulnerability. And gads, what woman with any self-esteem would pick an alcoholic that abuses them over sweet, caring Kurt.

I was talking about powers. She was one of those characters that had way too many abilities. From the Uncanny X-Men website –

“Elemental metamorphosing nature allows her to consciously alter her appearance or morph to respond to her surroundings and the thoughts of others, draw power from her native land to increase her strength, endurance, and resilience, levitate herself at will, sense the natural world in order to detect electromagnetic energy patterns, changes in the elements, or the empathic nature of an individual, and manipulate natural energy formations to disrupt existing energy fields and command elemental forces such as fire, air, electricity, lava and earth “

If her character had been conceived of by a fanfic writer she would have been labeled a Mary Sue in a heartbeat.
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream." Mark Twain

Shadow Dancer's Fanfic Archive Image
KnightKat
Lubber
Lubber

Post by KnightKat »

Anyone read the lastest issue of Uncanny???
Nighty was having a moment with Phoenix (Rachel) in the danger room. Things were definately heating up between them. They would be well-suited to each other. Rachel is wilder than most and Nightcrawler needs someone who has a wild streak to keep him on his toes.
Interesting side note; Ororo and Wolvie were going out together, which seemed to cause Kurt a bit of unrest! ;)
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

I saw that, and they were doing a pirate simulation, too. Horay for Kurt buckling swashes and getting girls! I think it may work with Rachel, baring any crazieness that is apt to happen in comics. But what about Ultimate Kurt? Maybe Kitty? But she is hot for Bobby. Dazzler is hot for Peter, and Orro has the hots for Logan, but he rejected her. So maybe Kurt has a shot with Orro. And again, they are getting into his swaxhbuckling side in Ultimate with another pirate simulation with him and Warren and the fact that he is constantly thinking about 'Pirates of the Carrabian'. Good stuff.
Chicks dig the fuzzy dude. ;)

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 38:engarde

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Saw that:LOL
His life is heatin' up , just like Marvel had said, but comics are unpredictable.
It kinda looks as though 'Ro and logan are strenthening thier friendship too, I ain't sayin' they are more than friends though, that would be jmping the gun.
:beerHeres hopin' for a good relationship for Herr Fuzzy Bottom;):LOL
And if he never finds himself a lady...more power to those who fantisize...:shiftynot that I know any.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Heating up? Only if you find this kind of thing hot.

Or skip the dialogue.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

HEY, I only wrote my opinion on the subject, isn't that what we're supposed to do, and be respected for that opinion?
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

I'm only stating my opinion, which is that the thought bubbles in that one panel of Uncanny could have been lifted straight from an old romance comic.

[spoiler]We lost the moment... and now Kurt's thinking about his waltz with Ororo. How is that really any different from this? And he's one girl and a David Cassidy poster away from this.[/spoiler]
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

Sorry, didn't mean to be a prude, but I am not in high spirits, and everything is coming at me as a dis.

I see what you mean though, It very well could have come from a romance novel, but who's saying?
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Originally posted by kladyelf
Why not Emma?

Not as a relationship thing (she's already with Summers - and showing a distinct lack of imagination there - *sigh* i miss the old Gen-X days) but as more of a seduction thing - "Its tuesday, i'm bored, what to do... what to do... maybe i'll give Kurt a fright"
Interesting you should say that! Gwad I have to update a certain fanfic...you'd see why I've singled you out lol.

Anyway, Rachel - meh...no. Sage is intriguing and Storm and Kurt, Id love to see that, but like others have said, Storm's humour is lacking in comparison to Kurt's...
Blue_Demon94
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Blue_Demon94 »

I think either Storm or Rachel;)
Azur
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Azur »

assuming that in the solo series Nurse Palmer is a normal human, an ordinary nurse and not secretly involved in the slaughtering of the children (and not going to die in issue #3 or #4) why not her ? :p
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

I can agree with the person who said Kurt should go with someone ordinary, but a major plot element of most comics in which a hero is in a relationship with a non-hero is that the hero can't reveal his 'secret identity' or the hero can't take him/her with him so it's not fair to the other person.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Originally posted by Azur
assuming that in the solo series Nurse Palmer is a normal human, an ordinary nurse and not secretly involved in the slaughtering of the children (and not going to die in issue #3 or #4) why not her ? :p
Her bazoombas are too big to be real. That's why.
Originally posted by HoodedMan
I can agree with the person who said Kurt should go with someone ordinary, but a major plot element of most comics in which a hero is in a relationship with a non-hero is that the hero can't reveal his 'secret identity' or the hero can't take him/her with him so it's not fair to the other person.
So they can avoid that whole cliche with the secret identity. No problem there. The second bit would still work.