Priest...ow well...

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
fuzzymutant26
Lubber
Lubber

Priest...ow well...

Post by fuzzymutant26 »

Priesthood??

Well, is it just me or did Nighty get TOO serious after becoming a priest? No more prankster and no joker, whats ^ with that? :cry

Do you think he should have made that decision? Do you think such a ladies man should ruin all of his previous success with such a comitment to the church? Give me your thoughts...:?
"Idol hands spend time at the genitals." --'ol drippy--Aqua Teen Hunger Force

fuzzymutant26@yahoo.com

CREATORS ARE PEOPLE
TOO!!

:bamf Ich bin bamfengel!!! ;pant

"Our masks aren't any kind of gimmick, this is our way of...becoming the music that we play. So ugly, yet, beutiful."--Corey Taylor--Lead Vocals--SlipKnot

"Yeah."--Paul Gray--Bass--SlipKnot

"Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it, but, only you can feel the warmth"--Some dude I don't know...

:gir :zim :austen :*) :yuck :offtopic :engarde :dance
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Priest...ow well...

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

NO, I don't think he should have made that decision, sure it says he is dedicated to God, but so can a person who doesn't become a priest. It says to me that he gives up all hope on finding someone who will love and care for hium the way he would for them.:shakenoTiss a sad, sad thing.
one name: Bruce Campbell
John Doe
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Priest...ow well...

Post by John Doe »

I disagree with his becoming a priest. He became very one-sided after that. Unless he was gonna become a renegade reverend or a militant monk and continue being, well, Nightcrawler, such a commitment would cut off any ties to the olde Nightcrawlah.

And all I say is that if I were as smooth an operator as Nightcrawler was, hell no would I become a celebate priest.
CurlyyHairGirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Priest...ow well...

Post by CurlyyHairGirl »

HERE HERE!! All that I have read about him after that is that he is kind of a grump and no fun at all, that is no NC.
one name: Bruce Campbell
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Priest...ow well...

Post by Tracker »

I wasn't the biggest fan of him while he was a priest, but it to me, it made sense for him as a character.

Before I get mauled...let me explain...

Kurt is a very devout person, but all around him are events that would put serious dents in his faith. People react two ways to this...they either give up, or embrace their religion even more. When Kurt throws himself into something, he really doesn't go half-way, so the flirty, ladies-man attitude was dropped. His humour would come out, but not often.

That said, I'm glad he's not a priest anymore, but I think that whole phase has added an interesting dimension to his character.
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
fuzzymutant26
Lubber
Lubber

HMM..

Post by fuzzymutant26 »

I do suppose you are right...

But, he could still have become a priest, given up on his love life, and still been the Kurt we all love.

:LOL:love:love:LOL

fuzzymutant26@yahoo.com

CREATORS ARE PEOPLE
TOO!!

"Our masks aren't any kind of gimmick, this is our way of...becoming the music that we play. So ugly, yet, beutiful."--Corey Taylor--Lead Vocals--SlipKnot

"Happiness is like peeing yourself, everyone can see it, but, only you can feel the warmth"--Some dude I don't know...

kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Priest...ow well...

Post by kurtlover »

Guys, he's not a priest anymore, the whole thing in fact was fictional [spoiler] it was a illusion The Church of Humanity planted in his head [/spoiler]
Can't remember the exact number of the issue unfortunally, but i'll check it and posted it for you.
SmoothBamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Priest...ow well...

Post by SmoothBamf »

Originally posted by kurtlover
Guys, he's not a priest anymore, the whole thing in fact was fictional [spoiler] it was a illusion The Church of Humanity planted in his head [/spoiler]
Can't remember the exact number of the issue unfortunally, but i'll check it and posted it for you.
it all hapend in iss 423 and 424 the name of the story was Holy War and I never liked the hole priest thing anyway
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Priest...ow well...

Post by kurtlover »

Thanks! i wasn't sure about the issue numbers, and yes it was during Holy War.
I guess most of the fans weren't happy with the priest thing, i was one of them and i'm so glad its over now.
Tracker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Priest...ow well...

Post by Tracker »

Guys, he's not a priest anymore, the whole thing in fact was fictional

Whether or not he was actually an ordained priest doesn't really matter....for his character to have had that time in which he believed he was, that's what counts. It's our beliefs that shape who we are...not just the facts.
Sail away where no ball and chain
Can keep us from the roarin' waves
Together undivided, but forever we'll be free.
So sail away aboard our rig
The moon is full and so are we,
We're seven drunken pirates
We're the seven deadly sins.
~Flogging Molly

Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member#40 :engarde
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Priest...ow well...

Post by kurtlover »

True, he believed he was a priest and he acted like one during a long time period, but it was in his head.
And now that you said that, i think the other X-Men also were convinced he was a priest, because i never saw anybody mentioning the opposite.
Maelstrom
Lookout
Lookout

Priest...ow well...

Post by Maelstrom »

Sounds like the "Church of Humanity" had wider-reaching mind control powers than anyone realized. ;)
Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into the intake of a jet engine..... :evil
jimmy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Priest...ow well...

Post by jimmy »

Originally posted by Tracker
I wasn't the biggest fan of him while he was a priest, but it to me, it made sense for him as a character.

Before I get mauled...let me explain...

Kurt is a very devout person, but all around him are events that would put serious dents in his faith. People react two ways to this...they either give up, or embrace their religion even more. When Kurt throws himself into something, he really doesn't go half-way, so the flirty, ladies-man attitude was dropped. His humour would come out, but not often.

That said, I'm glad he's not a priest anymore, but I think that whole phase has added an interesting dimension to his character.
me too, i didnt like him as a priest either
:respecttoad nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nick, nickelodeon :D yeah! The First Kids Network :thumbup
And Now you know, 'cause its Mikes Super Short Show!
Teh Blu 1
Lubber
Lubber

Priest...ow well...

Post by Teh Blu 1 »

Yes, I think we are all in agreance that the whole priest thing blew pretty royally. Personally, I'd like to see him go back to the ol' buckler of swashes.
Chicks dig the fuzzy dude. ;)

Coalition for 'Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member# 38:engarde

All of a sudden I found my self in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do... Ding-a ding dang my dang-a long ling long.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Priest...ow well...

Post by Bamfette »

Originally posted by Maelstrom
Sounds like the "Church of Humanity" had wider-reaching mind control powers than anyone realized. ;)
no, actually, they all still thought he was a *student* priest. that actually happened. he was just never actually *ordained*. Havok (i think it was Havok, maybe Iceman) expresses surprise at mention of his ordination, Kurt thought they were all there, but it was all in his mind, so they didn't know about his supposed ordination.
fuzzymutant26
Lubber
Lubber

yea...

Post by fuzzymutant26 »

well, all great replies guys, um, can we get some ;) Different ;) opinions in here? Hey, guys, if you're reading this and you like the more serious Kurt, reply away...don't feel intimidated, you wont get attacked by everyone on the message board, :bamf I just think it would help me and everyone else to see the other side of this argument.

fuzzymutant26@yahoo.com

CREATORS ARE PEOPLE
TOO!!

kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Priest...ow well...

Post by kurtlover »

Serious Kurt? like how?
I personally miss the old good Kurt full with swashbucking style and always cheerful.
fuzzymutant26
Lubber
Lubber

Priest...ow well...

Post by fuzzymutant26 »

Serious Kurt? like how?
I personally miss the old good Kurt full with swashbucking style and always cheerful.
Seroius like when he was a priest...

fuzzymutant26@yahoo.com

CREATORS ARE PEOPLE
TOO!!

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Priest...ow well...

Post by Bamfette »

there used to be a guy here that really liked priest Kurt... but he hasn't been around in a while... overall though, i don't think you'll get many responses, jsut because preist Kurt isn't really popular...
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Priest...ow well...

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Nighty didn't make the decision to be a priest, the writers did. At least that's over, but really, he hasn't been himself ever since all that, and it annoys me immensely. I mean, yeah he's a bit older, but a person's personality is not going to change that drastically, no matter how old they get, and he'd only be around 29 now, anyway. They so just need to bring back the good old days, the real Kurt, the silly, flirty Kurt, and funny stories, not all this soap opera type crap.
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
fuzzymutant26
Lubber
Lubber

manhood

Post by fuzzymutant26 »

Not all of those changes had to do with priesthood.

I know that most of us are Excalibur kurt fans (the old one!). When he joined he was 18 or 19 (i did the math) and was by no means mature...:D

After he became leader, and was handed ssome more responsibitities, he matured more, and his swashbuckling dimmed as well as his pranks. :yell:bawl

fuzzymutant26@yahoo.com

CREATORS ARE PEOPLE
TOO!!

Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Priest...ow well...

Post by Sorte Springer »

Personally I became a Nightcrawler fan before the Excalibur series. As far as I remember Nightcrawler has already developed into a more serious character in the last years of Claremonts fist run on X-men.
The Nightcrawler who returned to X-men after Excalibur is pretty much the Nightcrawler I remeber.
I must confes that I like the serious Kurt, and I like him being a practising Christian, not because I am a Christan myself (I am baptized, but consider myself an agnostic), but because it gives the character some depth. So Nightcrawlers priesthood was actually OK with me.
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard
fuzzymutant26
Lubber
Lubber

Thx

Post by fuzzymutant26 »

Thx man, that does make sense...

I still love, playful, joking, and clumsy heroes

like Beast Boy, Nighty :bamf , and evo kurt...cant think of much more..

thx for the responses guys!!

;pant :halogrin

fuzzymutant26@yahoo.com

CREATORS ARE PEOPLE
TOO!!

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Priest...ow well...

Post by Bamfette »

Sorte - comic time moves much, much slower than the time that passes here... when Kurt joined the X-Men, he was 20... only 6 or 7 years have passed, comic time, since 1975 real time. he was probably around 25, give or take a year, when he joined Excalibur...
Sorte Springer
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Priest...ow well...

Post by Sorte Springer »

Bamfette, I know that comic time passes very slowly, I am aware that NC has not aged 29 years since he first joined X-men. But I did not mention anything about his age did I?
All I said was that the way I see it, NC had developed a more serious side to his personality all ready in Claremonts first run. :?
A ve in om de flest æ de bedst eller båre de flest.
- Niels Hausgaard