Count Nightcraler?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Count Nightcraler?

Post by Panz »

With all of this talk of Nighty and his ever-changing past...What if some version of the Count Wagner tale were true...would Nighty inherite a title? vast wealth?

Cant you just see him? Kurt Wagner, wealthy playboy extrordinare :naughty: dashing and suave in his antique German uniform with all of those silver buttons...dress sabre...LOL! it is a cute picture.:love:

Of course, In German, the title would be GRAF or some such and inheritance tax is deadly...but details, details...It would be rather interesting if it were to happen, tho' I doubt that it will. Just another of my strange ideas:P
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Count Nightcraler?

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

I have often pondered that idea.. What I'm wondering is how his consituents would react to finding out the demon they tried to kill lives and is now their count!
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Count Nightcraler?

Post by Bamfette »

i have pondered this idea, as well. what if Eric Wagner didn't die, or maybe he did, but left everything to his unborn child, unknown to Kurt all this time. and as Roze said, the very same villaigers who tried to kill him/Mystique all those years ago now having him be master of the castle there, that would be cool.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Count Nightcraler?

Post by Bamfette »

oki must get horrid, awful, evil thoughts of Kurt being a Summers out of my head (go to Chucks forum at x-fan for an explanation on that) so i came up with a scenario to make Kurt royalty, and patch up his past. will likely never happen, but i like my idea :p

ok regular day in the X-Men nothing much is happening till Kurt gets a mysterious letter/or phone call to meet someone in a restaurant, they have important info about his family. being a naturally curious sort, espcially regarding his family, he goes. meets a man claiming to be a lawyer who. the Lawyer explains that it took some tracking down, but they are certain he is the right person. he explains that Kurts father did indeed die like Graydon said but his GRANDfather is on his deathbed and wishes to make ammends before he dies. Kurt is given a plane ticket to Germany and an adress....Kurt thanks him and leaves. we get some sort of hint that the lawyer is mystique, but not too much... :evil:

a couple days later, Kurt arrives in Germany, and arrives at the Wagner castle in a small Barony in Bavaria. the servants usher him along, though it is obvious they are nervous around him. goes to the bedroom where his newly discovered Grandfahter lies and well... you get the idea.

it could work... :p
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Count Nightcraler?

Post by kurtlover »

a Summers? oh please no! :o
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

Count Nightcraler?

Post by Panz »

Sounds like a smashing tale tho' doesn't it? I believe that kurt could eventually win over the people of the area, 'cuz he is a sweetheart:love:
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Count Nightcraler?

Post by Garble »

Hm.. does anyone know anything about actual German royalty?
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Count Nightcraler?

Post by Bamfette »

no, the only royalty i know much about, besides the obvious English royalty, is Dutch because of my family. (i'm royalty! ...er... very very very far removed... :p) some grand tales there tho, lemme tell ya. none really fitting to his specific situation tho.

i was thinking, it may work better if the relative he goes to visit is a brother of the count, his younger brother. that way the whole (i can't remember was Eric Wagner supposed to be a count or a baron? whichever one it was...) anyway the whole thing with his father being a baron/count works a lot better. and maybe he's not dying, we could have a surrogate fhater figure here of sorts... yeah.... ooooh! maybe he saw newspapaper articles about him in Excalibur!
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Count Nightcraler?

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

I don't know much about any kind of royalty. The family myth on my mom's side is that we're descedant of scottish royalty (now there's a bloody family history I'd like to read up on) but as far as I know we have no actual proog of that.. As for Eric Wagner I have heard him called a Baron and a Count... Isn't it possible for royalty to hold multiple titles? I do like the whole idea you have there Bamfette.. that would so rock.
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Count Nightcraler?

Post by kladyelf »

Oooo! Bamfette! Mindreader! I sort of wondered about that myself
Where it differed though was that my idea included jealous cousins who stood to inherit, and an illegitimate brother (who couldn't inherit) and his family with something (eg: a tail?) showing that the mutation wasn't all on his mother's side - Kurt would suddenly be up to his pointy ears in relations!!
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Count Nightcraler?

Post by little Blue Lucy »

I'll just say sounds very interesting!:)
Um well except for the Summers thing you mentioned...:ooh: I don't know about that...:ick:
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

Count Nightcraler?

Post by jogurt »

The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Count Nightcraler?

Post by jogurt »

Hm a nice story somehow. We do away real royality things after world war I 1918, yes of course we have some people who had a title like Graf (Count) but no one realy cares about - aside themself maybe..
I´m not so good in heraldic and such a stuff, but i got the feeling when a Graf Wagner still exist, it wouldn´t be a very old titel with a long long history, because Wagner is like Miller or Johnson a realy normal name and means someone who makes Weels for coach(is that the right word?) I know someone who is realy a wagner as a job...(by the way there is a doctor in my city who calls Kurt Wagner...)
(Sorry for mistake its late and I got a haevy fight with toad...äh...Quark Xpress..this evening
(AKA. Azazel;) )
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Count Nightcraler?

Post by ces »

Vielen Dank jogurt for some etymology of Wagner! I tend to wonder about the history of words and names, but for some reason I've never done it with Kurt... Ich bin ja ein Dummkopf! Never having wondered that before... I'm disappointed at myself right now!

Just got an idea... I made a search for Kurt Wagner in dem Deutsche Telefonbuch (the German phonebook)... Sorry for the strange sentence, but I just had to bend das after the preposition in, even if it was meant in English...

Anyway, it seems they even have an English version! :o But my search for Kurt Wagner resulted in too many matches to show! I knew both Kurt and Wagner are quite common, but this...
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Count Nightcraler?

Post by Nandireya »

Actually...I'm planning an Evolution fic that covers this subject in a round about kinda way...somebody tells Kurt his father's name...which sends little boy blue on a journey of self-discovery...

I did a little research on Bavarian Royalty to get a name...I picked a line of Counts that no longer exist because their coat of arms featured a panther...and Kurt (especially the Evo version) kinda looks like a panther...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Count Nightcraler?

He does look like a panther doesn't he!:laugh: My goodness Chesire Cat, Panther..:laugh: Anyway that all sounds really cool!:)
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"

InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

My, what a co-incidence ^_^

Post by InterNutter »

I have a 'Count Nightcrawler' story on my back-burner, too ^_^ It's set in the Evo universe, meaning I can screw with history as much as I like :D Teehee :D

Basically, the count his father [also his district's Count, to make things complicated] is still alive and looking for his missing son based on scant clues. He's a latent mutant, but his daughter isn't :laugh: I making Darkstar his half-sister! :laugh:

The only thing I'm really missing is a little bit of elementary heraldry. What title do you give the son of a Count, when speaking of them in third person?
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Count Nightcraler?

Count Junior?:?:oops:

jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Count Nightcraler?

Post by jogurt »

"Der junge Graf "is right.
Hello internutter! wellcome to the board nice to read you...^_^!!!!
:P
(AKA. Azazel;) )
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Count Nightcraler?

Post by Crawler »

Welcome, InterNutter. :D
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Count Nightcraler?

Post by kladyelf »

Squiggins!! it's internutter! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(*gasp, breathe, gasp*) eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! (gasp gasp)

Ok its outta my system,
so is this the secret project you've been hinting about on your site? need help? *waggles eyebrows conspiratorially* a Beta reader? :)
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Count Nightcraler?

Post by InterNutter »

Goodness!

I never knew I had a fan club O.o

Naw, that's just a backburner-waiting-until-I-get-off-my-arse-and-research story ^_^ I'm looking for an official title ^_^ You know, like 'lord' or whatnot.
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Count Nightcraler?

Post by InterNutter »

Naw, that's the emperor/king
jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Count Nightcraler?

Post by jogurt »

you have one ! I told you fg*
(AKA. Azazel;) )
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

Count Nightcraler?

Oh I'm sorry Internutter!:oops: Hizees! Welcome!:D