lookit this!

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

lookit this!

Post by Bamfette »

i found pics of Ultimate Nighty when jean was talking to him, cept he's not blue. is this a fan fix or was it originally black and they changed it to blue? anyone know?

http://ultimate.comixtreme.com/imagefol ... =18&tt=img

http://ultimate.comixtreme.com/imagefol ... =18&tt=img
kurtlover
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

lookit this!

Post by kurtlover »

are those pics apreview images? odd.
silver_frosted_roze
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

lookit this!

Post by silver_frosted_roze »

I can't help with the color question... the monitor on mom and dad's comp is way screwed... but my only question is how many fourteen year old guys are that sculpted!!! *drools*
Encourage me to update my page. Or just read my blog.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

lookit this!

Post by Garble »

I'm gonna guess that the person who colored this thought Nightcrawler was supposed to be black, because was inked so darkly in previous issues. Because this was a different penciler, the shading was different and the colorist used grey tones to create "black" skin. (Much like his costume appeared grey in some Excalibur issues). I think before it got printed someone went, "Hey, he's not grey! He's blue!!!" and they fixed it.

One theory, anyway...
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

lookit this!

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Actually his costume really did have gray in it for a time as his original was ruined.
He ultimately got the good old black back of course!
What I think is odd is at times they've colored the outer black part of his costume blue making it look as though this was actually part of his body not covered by costume! There was I think a reference to this in Sword Strokes and the editor said they would be more careful about it in the future!:laugh:
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

lookit this!

Post by Betablue »

They're from one of the Ultimate X issues (I forget which one--seven, maybe?--a whole lot of Happy Marky Millar torment 'n' torture going on: ick). How we can tell: 1. the trademark Millar "OH [COMMA] MY GOD--!" followed by a moment of patronizing Millarian exposition; and 2. the "energetic" (read: poorly finished and wildly out-of-control--dontja love them li'l blank eyes on Jean? I know I do!) Kubert art. Fan art? That'd be--pardon the expression--about fifty yards up the evolutionary scale from what is, in the end, Standard Ultimate X issue.
Frumious Bandersnatch
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

lookit this!

Post by Frumious Bandersnatch »

hey i resent that beta blue! Ultimate comics are the only ones I collect! I'm just hoping that nightcrawler get back into the story.
Ayee! Look! Its a Boggie...and his frumious Bandersnitch!
Shouldnt that be Bandersnatch?
Nope...Too small

Never double date with a buddy who can teleport. He will vanish as soon as the bill arrives. Damn elf
~Wolverine

I am C.o.C.Ker #15
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

lookit this!

I really like Ulti Nighty a lot. Not as much as 616 Nighty of course but he is really cool.
I don't read Ultimate a whole lot but if Nightcrawler is in there more I think maybe I would.
Also my goodness I could not imagine not collecting Uncanny, and Unlimited, eXiles, etc..:laugh:
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"

Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

lookit this!

Post by Crawler »

She knew it wasn't Fan Art, Beta. She wanted to know if it was a "Fan Fix"...where someone would scan in the art (which is from Ultimate X-Men #9, by the way...and the artist is Tom Raney, not Kubert.) and recolor Nightcrawler, since he was BRIGHT blue in that issue, as opposed to the dark grey/purple/blue color that he was in the other issues.

Really, whether it's a fan fix that came after the fact or the original version that they later recolored blue (which wouldn't make sense, IMO) I like this greycrawler better than the blue on that was published in that book. I mean, he was the grey/purple/blue/black color in EVERY ISSUE of Ultimate except that one...which also happened to be drawn by a fill-in artist. I still think that the published blue was a mistake.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Betablue
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

lookit this!

Post by Betablue »

Whoops! Sorry! Any excuse for La Psychotica here to trip out on A. [Random] Kubert an' Li'l Marky M....!
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

lookit this!

Originally posted by Crawler
She knew it wasn't Fan Art, Beta. She wanted to know if it was a "Fan Fix"...where someone would scan in the art (which is from Ultimate X-Men #9, by the way...and the artist is Tom Raney, not Kubert.) and recolor Nightcrawler, since he was BRIGHT blue in that issue, as opposed to the dark grey/purple/blue color that he was in the other issues.

Really, whether it's a fan fix that came after the fact or the original version that they later recolored blue (which wouldn't make sense, IMO) I like this greycrawler better than the blue on that was published in that book. I mean, he was the grey/purple/blue/black color in EVERY ISSUE of Ultimate except that one...which also happened to be drawn by a fill-in artist. I still think that the published blue was a mistake.
Yah it kinda goes against the whole thing about him absorbing light as well.:P Again It's probably like when Nighty's old costume would have blue in it isnstead of black. Negligence on the colorist's part as far as continuity and all that.:rolleyes::P

Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

lookit this!

Post by Hsu »

My thought was that since Jean was taking him back to him homeland and it was all inside his head that he was light blue (and missing his halitosis) because that's how he saw himself. You always look much better in your head you know.
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

lookit this!

True true. Now that you've brought it to my thinking, that seems quite possible as well!
Only for me, I always feel like I look terrible!:P:laugh:

Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

lookit this!

Post by Nightfollower »

Ooookay.

Well those pix are real bad.

And where is the blue? Mebbe they decided a blacky Kurt was better?

You got me.
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
wolviechickie
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

lookit this!

Post by wolviechickie »

I like 'em...apart from the fact that Jean is in that pic
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

lookit this!

Post by Erynne »

I bet he started off as being black (he;s black on the front cover that he's one) and then they tried to fix him and make him blue. He's colored really dark in the first couple he's in. I thought he was supposed to be black in the Ultimate X-men for awhile.
Erynne
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

lookit this!

Post by Erynne »

I bet he started off as being black (he;s black on the front cover that he's one) and then they tried to fix him and make him blue. He's colored really dark in the first couple he's in. I thought he was supposed to be black in the Ultimate X-men for awhile.