who would be your fave Nightcrawler and any X-women couple?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

No sudden ewwww thought in my head when I read, as HM points out, not Kurgan but Logurt slash fics.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

I'm not into slash at all so I've never read any such fics of the two...but I do agree that they have they perfect bromance. It's totally guy love :D

[Edited on 5-9-2009 by Nandireya]
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
razzek
Lubber
Lubber

Post by razzek »

I hope I'm not bringing up a topic that's on its way out, but I can't resist.

I mostly just know Nightcrawler from Evo (though I'm trying to catch up with the newest cartoon and I saw the second movie...but can't remember anything about it). All that being said, I can't help but want to ship Kurt/Rogue. Hey, there's precedence for this sort of thing in the comics. :D Kurt/Wanda is also a favorite, but the best is Wanda/Kurt/Rogue. :D No, wait. The best is Wanda/girl!Kurt/Rogue (I spent enough time thinking about it to make it plausible, even :D).

...What? :D My avatar should be a hint. :D
Swizz the Wolf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Swizz the Wolf »

Either it's not a terribly clear hint, Rezzek...or maybe I'm just slow. :huh

Hmmmm....I've gotta say I like Kurt/Storm. But Kurt/Wanda also has it's merits.

[Edited on 28/9/09 by Swizz the Wolf]
"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."--Oscar Wilde
razzek
Lubber
Lubber

Post by razzek »

I'm pretty bad about making what I say very clear, so no worries. :D My avatar is that one scene from Evo when the Professor messed with Kurt's image inducer and we got some canon gender bending. I've always been fond of that version of him. :D
Swizz the Wolf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Swizz the Wolf »

...I know what your avatar is. I watched Evo.

And now I finally understand what you mean. Okay.
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

You want Kurt to be transsexual?

I do believe this is the very first time this idea has come up on the board in its nearly ten year history. May it never be brought up again.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Swizz the Wolf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Swizz the Wolf »

Hear, hear, Spastic.
razzek
Lubber
Lubber

Post by razzek »

Naw, not transexual. I like transgendered folks, but Kurt has none of the properties required for that. He's a guy and happy to be one. I just want him to be a girl, period. :D

If I remember right, the way I sorted it out (mind, this is only in the Evo universe since that's the only one I'm familiar with) had something to do with Wanda hitting him with a hex bolt that changed his y chromosomes into x chromosomes. It's probably not the most sensible idea, but crack shippers/crazy fans will come up with strange ideas to make things work. :D
Swizz the Wolf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Swizz the Wolf »

Damn, I guess they do...:die

I guess I'll leave it to brave souls like Spastic to say what they really think. :secret
AlanCummingLover
Lubber
Lubber

Post by AlanCummingLover »

I always love Kitty-Kurt ! :love
But I also love Tabitha-Kurt :smirk
Master of Chaos
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Master of Chaos »

My favorite has always been Kurt/Wanda.
But I also like Kurt/Ororo a lot.
Nachtkriec
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Nachtkriec »

Bamf_Bamf_Bamf wrote:I would really like to see him and Emma Frost get something going. Since Nightcrawler is the man, he deserves the hot women:D
i think kurt and wanda of a "allready" been made, but i think that it would be cool to see him and Emma(Emmurt)

hey! i just drew a pic of what i think :emma and :bamf kid would look like:naughty! i dont have a scanner though:cry
so i guess i cant tell you about it
Name:Bridget Wagner
Powers:telepathy,teleporting
skin:blue
Eyes: yellow and has puplis
hair:blond
hands:5 fingers
feet: 5 toes
Code name: Night Queen
i might just take a picture of her and post it later :bounce

[Edited on 29/3/10 by Nachtkriec]
Der Unglaubliche Nachtkriec!
The Incredible Nightcrawler!
http://www.midtowncomics.com/
http://www.fanfiction.net/
(those arent my websites)
deadpixiedust
Lubber
Lubber

Post by deadpixiedust »

Well... I hope I like Logurt since I'm one of the new mods at the LJ community...

(Oops... cat's out of the bag... >> )

I also like Kurt/Cerise, Kurt/Betsy and Kurt/Wanda. Boy Bamf! must be loving that in the comics if he's still reading... he's been wanting Kurt to get with Psylocke since those early days. ^^

I also love Kurt and Kitty when written by Slarti, btw Slart I was sad to see your website and that story go. I tried to revisit it. Your awesome writing turned me on to the pair. ;)
*.*.*.deadpixiedust.*.*.*
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

deadpixiedust wrote: I also love Kurt and Kitty when written by Slarti, btw Slart I was sad to see your website and that story go. I tried to revisit it. Your awesome writing turned me on to the pair. ;)
Is that the story where they were practicing (like in DR) and he ended up on top of her and she felt, um, feelings she didn't know what to do with? Then they went on an assignment and got drunk,etc? I have a poor memory ... but Cat & Mouse is the one of which your post reminded me.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

deadpixiedust
Lubber
Lubber

Post by deadpixiedust »

Yep that's it Elfdame! Aww... didn't have a chance to finish it? The rest lost?

Comicverse Kurty is very rare. They had a couple of very good stories on FF.Net a long time ago but they seem to be gone. I KNOW there were more comicverse Kurt fics there before than there are know. Were they all deleted? I can't find many old favorites. :(
Nikky G
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nikky G »

deadpixiedust wrote:Yep that's it Elfdame! Aww... didn't have a chance to finish it? The rest lost?

Comicverse Kurty is very rare. They had a couple of very good stories on FF.Net a long time ago but they seem to be gone. I KNOW there were more comicverse Kurt fics there before than there are know. Were they all deleted? I can't find many old favorites. :(
Sorry :offtopic
Are you referring to the couples search on FF.net? I love that search option but I believe it only works for fics written after that search was implemented. So older Kurty fics wouldn't appear when that search was used. Maybe if you did an old-fashioned search with keywords, those old fics would come up? :?

As for me:
Hate Kurt+Amanda. Always have. Always will. Really, Kurt, she's your adopted sister. That's taboo for Catholics. You should know better. :mad But besides that point, I just thought she was boring. I hated that they put her in Evo. She was kinda creepy in that if you thought about it. :hrumph

Kurty is cute. :D I used to think he was too old for her, but Kitty seems to have grown up of late.

Kuroro was so sweet in X2. In the comics there have been some cute moments between the two, but somehow they never really seemed to interact much to my memory.

Kurt and Meggan was one of my favorites, but she's married now. To Captain Britain. :X

Couldn't bring myself to like Kurt and Cerise. Didn't ever really feel right.

Always thought Kurt and Wanda were an odd couple. Asides from other dimensions, I'd never known them to have anything to do with each other in the comics. I couldn't help but like them in Wolverine and the X-Men though.

Kurt and Rachel is cute. Wish they'd done more with that.

Logurt (Is that really what they call it? Sounds like yogurt. :LOL ) is a big no. Granted, he does seem to get along with Logan most consistently well than with any of his past girlfriends, but that's because they're buddies. A bromance maybe, but not a romance. If they turned out to be bi, it would ruin that special bond the two of them have.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

I agree. I love the Kurt and Logan bromance, but for romance, I would like to see Kurt with Rachel or Betsy Braddock (Psylocke).:rachel:love :psylocke

Maybe they can fight over him. :D
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

I thoroughly enjoyed Rowena's tale pairing Nighty with Spider-woman. Brilliant concept, well executed.:love
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Blue_Collar_Nerd
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Blue_Collar_Nerd »

I'm a big supporter of Kurt and Kitty being together. I realize that it's not a whole lot of people's idea of a “power coupleâ€
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Blue_Collar_Nerd wrote:
However, Kurt and Kitty have shown a great deal of affection toward each other already and they remain close friends and share common values despite both having very strong and occasionally conflicting personalities. Have them explorie a romantic relationship would be a great opportunity for character growth, especially Kitty. Also, given how they met, it would be ironic and interesting to see their relationship grow from shock and misunderstanding into becoming friends and then lovers. It would be a much more real and meaningful romance for the readers to follow than the Scott and Emma freakshow we're getting right now.
So write it already, dude. If it's not too explicit, I'll read it and probably so would a LOT of people. :D Especially if it's kinda sweet (not cloying, but comforting in the sense that any true deep friendship is) and has a few surprises tossed in.

Or maybe Raven Hare would write a Kurtty ficlet??

Blue_Collar_Nerd
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Blue_Collar_Nerd »

Elfdame wrote:
So write it already, dude. If it's not too explicit, I'll read it and probably so would a LOT of people. :D Especially if it's kinda sweet (not cloying, but comforting in the sense that any true deep friendship is) and has a few surprises tossed in.
Actually I'm putting the final touches on the story outline that I'm going to be working from and winding down on the research for this little project (character history, locations, medicine-specifically hypoxia, weapons and CQB tactics). It occurs after the “Second Comingâ€
deadpixiedust
Lubber
Lubber

Post by deadpixiedust »

Blue_Collar_Nerd wrote:
Elfdame wrote:
Actually I'm putting the final touches on the story outline that I'm going to be working from and winding down on the research for this little project (character history, locations, medicine-specifically hypoxia, weapons and CQB tactics). It occurs after the “Second Comingâ€
Matary
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Matary »

Well this is a difficult one, which is probably why he's only ever been portrayed in two relationships -- well one and a half because the Cerise thing really didn't get much attention, thankfully. (All my statements are referring to 616 MU.)

I never liked the Amanda scenerio, because, growing up with a step/foster brother myself, it is just wrong on several levels. It isn't blood that makes a family relationship, it is environment (adoption anyone?). And if his family environment supported such relationships, then...er....he has worse problems that who his biological parents were.

Cerise was a flat character with little substance. The "Spock" thing was vaguely cute, but there was just nothing to her.

Kitty, Rachael and Storm are all well-developed characters, but seemed to have little chemistry with him. Ororo seems better suited to a dominant male type -- someone to argue with her occassionally that she could go toe to toe with. I always viewed she and Logan to make a nice pair.

Kitty, though older than she started out, is still portrayed as a young adult and a bit of a "kid sister". They have lovely friendship chemistry, but not much romantic potential as it stands.

Rachael has the most potential of the three I suppose, though again, I view her as being drawn to more of a dominant type, as she has a very "in your face" personality (at least under Claremont). This pairing could be done, but there is little point of reference for it....aside from a single kiss, no history of chemistry.

Wanda I know little about, as I am not a fan of Avengers. Again, it is a relationship without history or basis, as he hasn't really been written alongside her.

Meggan is my favourite of the existing possibilties, but as has been pointed out, she is now married. I thought her empathy, gentle nature and innocence were a good compliment to Kurt's personality. I have to admit I disliked the bimbo schtick she was labeled with, and preferred the view of her as a spirit of nature.

Cecila, if she'd been more developed, was another that had potential.

I suppose there is little point is discussing fuzzy relationships at this juncture though. :mad
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

The first installment shouldn't take to long (I hope), but with classes on again, who knows. But if you ladies would like a teaser, the first chapter ends with with an amnesiac Nightcrawler being found wandering around buck naked in a New Mexico Sam's Club, helping himself out to some Hot-Pocket samples.
ooOOoo hot pockets :D
'Cause Lord knows I need to pander to you women-folk.
well yeah, you do :LOL :P

Personally I always liked Cerise, the trouble with the lack of character development is that she didn't really have much of a chance to develop before being whisked off by the Shi'ar (and boo on her being Shi'ar, there were a lot of story opportunities missed by not having the civilisation of Shaskofrugnon introduced - a whole new civilisation for writers to have fun with!!!). Character development for a comic book character takes *years* as can be attested by Kitty, Rachel (where is she these days anyway?) and Storm.

I liked Cecilia as a character and yes she never really went anywhere with Kurt really. Most fan-fiction about CeCe that I've read has paired her with either Hank or Bobby. (which is fair enough but still...)

Mind you, sometimes I wonder how what it would be like with a completely loopy out of the blue pairing like Nighty/She-hulk, just to see how the two light-hearted characters would mix :cracked

[Edited on 12-1-2011 by kladyelf]
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...