Ultimate X-Men #22

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Nandireya »

X-Fan's got the cover up for this issue...you can see it here...is it just me...or do those creepy little things with an unhealthy interest in Jean bear a striking resemblence to a certain teleporter? Could the 14-year-old cutie be making a comeback? Not a word's been said about him since he pulled his Cartman ("Screw you guys I'm going home") in issue 12...if so, September is REALLY shaping up as a good month for us elfaholics! :D
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Stormwatch »

I know I have it here somewhere. But I remember reading that Kurt was appearing again sometime in Ultimate.

Now, I am not sure if it was the next art, Hellfire and Brimstone, or if it was his last arc, which will also feature Angel.

But I do know for Certain that in issue 21, Kitty is seen on EVERY page.

So Kitty fans, there ya go. Now if I could only find that Kurt thing.
:panther: 66 Bridges
:daredevil: 25 Cents of Time

But I DO have big teeth.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by BlueJubatus »

I think that that- ish 22 i mean- could be part of the pheonix story line. I saw in an interview quite a while back that the pheonix would be more like a possession sort of thing than before or something like that. Anybody else see the one im talking about? It was on x-fan a while back and i wanna make sure i have all of the details right.

I had heard that nighty would be back in the brimstone story line with kitty and angel joining up too.:D:D:D
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by ces »

Another title I need to pick up again, and I who dropped it so conveniently just a little while ago...

But I love the cover! :love: Or rather, it's not the cover - it's those... those 'things' I like! I definately must write down to buy this one... :D

And you say Nighty's scheduled to appear again? Yikes! :dead:
:lockheed into Uncanny! :austen
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Stormwatch »

Originally posted by BlueJubatus
I think that that- ish 22 i mean- could be part of the pheonix story line. I saw in an interview quite a while back that the pheonix would be more like a possession sort of thing than before or something like that. Anybody else see the one im talking about? It was on x-fan a while back and i wanna make sure i have all of the details right.

I had heard that nighty would be back in the brimstone story line with kitty and angel joining up too.:D:D:D
Hellfire and Brimstone (still not sure if Kurt is in this one) Issues 21-25 with issue 25 being a double sized issue in November, and two issues in Octobre.

Kitty appears in 21.

And Jean is seen with the Pheonix, as well as some new villains, and of course, a non-S & M Hellfire Club.

Angel is in the last arc, with Gambit.

All these can be found at the latest Millar Hour at X-Fan.

I kinda did some reporting for another site, and picked up a ton of little things.

In this arc, Cyclops and Wolverine duke it out, and only one SURVIVES. No joke there. I'll post more of them here later. But I still can't find the Kurt part.

But I DO have big teeth.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Bamfette »

either Wolverine or Cyke will die? well here's hoping it's Cyke! then Nighty can step in and he can lead! :p ok so that wouldn't happen... but i can dream:)
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by ces »

:eek: One will die! How fun. :D To get rid of either :cyke: or :wolvie: that's something extraordinary, and even if I think that :wolvie: has a lot of panel time, the one I want to get rid of is that other jerk! :dead:

Perhaps I should pick up this issue as well...
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Only ones survives

Post by Stormwatch »

UH, depends on how you mean survive.

IT can be taken several ways. One is dead. One gets put into a coma. One gets put critically in the hospital. One lives, one walks away, one faints. Take your pick.

I wouldn't mind Cyclops being offed myself. But, well, it can be somewhat criptic, yet ambiguous I think.

Oh, and in issue 21 (or 20) one of the two, there is a shower scene or something with Piotr and Logan. They are "Beside" eachother.

Something to look forward to at least.

But I DO have big teeth.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator
Title: I'm Back, Baby!

Ultimate #22

Post by Crawler »

X-Fan seems to be having some sort of difficulty...it wont load on this computer. Once I get it to load I'll post up the cover over here for those of us who don't want to burn our tootsies in the hell that is X-Fan. ;)

BTW, never ever EVER post a direct link to pictures over there or post them here hosted there. Eric's a weiner about his bandwidth, and we don't need to piss him off.
This message brought to you by the letter C.
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Crawler »

I can't find the article or the pic of the cover...if anyone has it or knows where to find it, send it to me and I'll post it up here for all of us. ;)
Zack: I'm pretty sure our soul is composed of a series of toy commercials that ran from 1984-1988. When we die Hasbro does with us what they please.
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Bamfette »

i got the cover:

they do look like lil Nightys... but they have the wrong number of fingers...

and crawler i know you have no love for the place.. but, you know all these new guys? they are from X-Fan and they were a big help testing the place and providing avatars and such to get it up and running in 2 days flat instead of say, 5 or 6. we'd still be at Hostboard right now if it werent for X-Fan.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Hsu »

Am i the only one who wants Wolverine to get killed. I personally really dislike him. Ever since the second grade. Hate him. Can't really pinpoint why though.
Gy Cyclops!
*ducks*
[spoiler]I hate post whores![/spoiler]
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Stormwatch »

Originally posted by Hsu
Am i the only one who wants Wolverine to get killed. I personally really dislike him. Ever since the second grade. Hate him. Can't really pinpoint why though.
Gy Cyclops!
*ducks*
*but not to miss the tomato flinged at him* :P Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

I really like Wolvie,

*looks around and slowly backs away* ;)

But I DO have big teeth.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Hsu »

boo hiss boo! :D
I don;t like Cyke but I HATE Wolvie.
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by BlueJubatus »

wolverine can get tiresom when he takes over a book -as he nearly always tends to do- but i really, really dont like cyk. Besides, wolverine and nighty usually have some pretty good interaction. Id like to see how that would be interpreted in ultimate;)
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Hsu »

Yeah, I'm kinda interested for that myself. It seems like they won;t be very close in Ultimate. Wolverine seems like tooo big of a jerk. Actually nightcrawler already has that relationship with Jean, I'd like to see that develop.
ces
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by ces »

Originally posted by Hsu
Actually nightcrawler already has that relationship with Jean, I'd like to see that develop.
Haven't you seen the cover Hsu? :p Poor Jean (don't like her, don't like Wolverine either unless he's interacting with Kurt or Kitty, but... I hate Cyclops!) is having nightmares with Nighties. :laugh: Poor Jean is getting psychically overwhelmed by Nighty's love... :love: :love: :love:

(That's my two cookies anyway.)
Crawler
Navigator
Navigator

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Crawler »

Originally posted by Bamfette

and crawler i know you have no love for the place.. but, you know all these new guys? they are from X-Fan and they were a big help testing the place and providing avatars and such to get it up and running in 2 days flat instead of say, 5 or 6. we'd still be at Hostboard right now if it werent for X-Fan.
Yeah, I know. I'm not saying I hate everyone at X-Fan. I'm saying I hate X-Fan himself. And I know that all these new peeps are from X-Fan, and I'm sure there will be more on their way, what with so many of us finding our way there now and then. (Despite despising Eric, I still find things there that I couldn't anywhere else.) Now no more bickering in front of the children! ;)
MabusRex
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by MabusRex »

Crawler is right, though. Eric (X-Fan) doesn't like people posting the full images on other places. Links to the articles I think he never minded, but imbedding the pictures was a big no-no for him. He's stingy like that :D But like Crawler said, no more bickering ;)
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Garble »

Can we keep bashing Wolverine then?
Stormwatch
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Stormwatch »

Or Bashing Cyclops, why not. :D

*Starts picking ouy the most rottenist fruit and vegetables at the supermarket*

But I DO have big teeth.
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Hsu »

You think those things that are haunting Jean could be a dream that she's having that's mixing in with whatever she got from telepathically linking with Nightcrawler? Hmm? :?
BamfKat
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by BamfKat »

:wolvie: vs. :cyke: in a caged death-match! Two will enter but only one can leave.... :laugh: Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! :laugh:

I think Jean should toast them both and elope with Kurt. Because honestly while he imagins her in her underware you know the others are much worse...!
;)

In truth it all depends on the situation as to who would win. My money is on :wolvie: because he will play for keeps while :cyke: will still be in the schoolyard mentality and holding back (untill he is being gutted).

I hope the interior art improves some for this. I am about to drop the title because of the last two issues.
BamfKat,
Hey, is it supposed to smoke like that? :bamf
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Booker »

Or it could be a coincidence.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
Hsu
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Ultimate X-Men #22

Post by Hsu »

The obvious thing is that Wolverine would win, because DUH. But I think the comic would be cooler if Cyclops like got his visor knocked off and well, ouch! If Wolverine pissed him off enough we may see a bad ass Cyclops. This an alternate storyline after all.