X-Treme 19

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Treme 19

Post by BlueJubatus »

his "Shadow Moon" book trillogy, theyre great.
they take place in the same world as the movie willow.
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Treme 19

Post by kladyelf »

CC does seem to still have that majic touch with marvel characters..... Provided they don't have a great big "X" on 'em!
Case in point:
there was a post onslaught, getting back to reality Fantastic Four issue which was really good (mind you the Alan Davis art contributed to that :) :P :)) - though i dont really follow the series
Also there was a Spider-man annual (2000? 2001? dunno) that i enjoyed as well, all with good dialogue, plot and characters.
However.....
Lets have a look at all things X shall we?
Dead Colossus
Hacked Hair Kitty
Inexplicable Thunderbird Two
*Priest* Kut
Breaking up of Betsy and Warren
Uber-Rogue (dang where're the umlauts?)
*boring* Priest Kurt
Severe Chamber mistreatment (there could have been a better ending to Poptopia perhaps with chamber dumping or bringing his popstar girlfriend along? or something :))

Here's a crazy idea, why doesnt Marvel just let CC work on the other comics (i kinda liked what he did w. Spidey) and keep him away from the X's with a *Big* stick.

NB: I just had a look at milehighcomics.com's first looks page and saw what i could only describe as a blerb advertising a "crisis of infinite Wolverines!"
gah.....
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Treme 19

Post by Bamfette »

um, actually it was Scott Lobdell who killed Colossus, and Joe Casey behind Poptopia...
(and please, no we don't need sugar Kane on the X-Men :p tho it would have been nice to see her dump her sorry ass, that would have also killed the message behind the story completely)

tho CC is indeed behind priest kurt, T-Bird 3, Warren and Betsy's breakup, killing Psylocke, Uber-Rogue, and maybe killing Gambit...

oh, and the Crisis of Infinite Wolverines sounds like a really *really* cool story, with one of my all time favourite artsts writing and drawing it... i think the 'infinite wolverines' is a comedic device, actually. the story is actually focused on a small boy, and the 2 X characters involved are Kitty Pryde and Professor X. a page form it with the X-Men getting slaughtered by demons in Limbo is currently serving as my desktop wallpaper :p
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

X-Treme 19

Post by Slarti »

Yeah, Claremont has his days. I dropped X-Treme a while back, but silly me, when we went to the book store on Wednesday I picked up the new one and looked through it. Then I saw the last page, swallowed my tongue, and decided I had to get it.

I'll leave a bit of a spoiler space.

L
A
D
E
D
A

Okay, enough of that. Did anyone else read this? Do you think he really killed Rogue and Gambit? For those who didn't see it, the last page is a full page featuring Rogue lying atop Remy, with a big sword sticking through both of their chests. There's blood that looks like it's Rogue's and her skin is touching Remy's. Thunderturd says something to the effect that their readings say something is seriously wrong. No shit, Sherlock!
Panz
Lookout
Lookout
Title: The Red Queen

X-Treme 19

Post by Panz »

Actually, Slarti, CC posted on the review thread for the issue over onxfan , that It's pretty much what it looks like, they are dead...now with Rogue's healing factor, which I guess she has now, its anyones guess if she will STAY dead, but Remy looks like a dead guy to me.
Panz

Wallowing in the deepest pits of melodrama
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-Treme 19

Post by BlueJubatus »

all i can say is................... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D
no offence to all yall remey/rogue fans:P
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

X-Treme 19

Post by Nandireya »

Don't get X-Treme...have no intention of getting X-Treme...except for Nighty sightings of course...:P
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Treme 19

Post by Bamfette »

i just downloaded a bunch of issues off the itnernet... all i can say is .... ugh! :yech: i made it to issue 10...
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Treme 19

Post by Nandireya »

I WAS going to get it...but my comic supplier went bust just after I ordered the first issue...and when I got a new supplier sorted out I'd forgotten all about it...I hadn't actually held an issue in my hot little (well...they're actually pretty big) hands...so...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Bamfette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-Treme 19

Post by Bamfette »

just something baout the mix of characters, the tone of the stories and the writing really really rubs me the wrong way... it's not Claremont per se, cause i really dug his recent Kitty story and plan on getting MeKaniX... it's jsut X-Treme... i will pick up the 2 issues Nighty appears in tho.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-Treme 19

Post by Nandireya »

Yeah...that's probably the reason I don't get it...my favs are the furry blues...and they're in Uncanny and New...

kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

X-Treme 19

Post by kladyelf »

Just ramblin, ramblin......

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
um, actually it was Scott Lobdell who killed Colossus, and Joe Casey behind Poptopia...
(and please, no we don't need sugar Kane on the X-Men tho it would have been nice to see her dump her sorry ass, that would have also killed the message behind the story completely)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oopsie, my bad (and i was being careful too :) )

I tend to reserve opinion on Xtreme as i don't really buy it (well just once...) just flick thru at the newsagent (hehe fun....) but i really think that uber-rogue was overkill, (who on earth could she possibly fight? one pow or something could take out the Hulk!)
... as was bumping off Psylocke (only could be remedied by bringing her back in her caucasian form.... I for one am not convinced that the new "dead is dead" rule applys here as her death was too pointless (though that may have been just the point!) and one that they couldn't market, I expect they may just have her zapped back into her caucasian body (kwannon being zapped into a cloned one, which was more suceptible to Legacy) - hey it worked for Jean!)

Kladyelf - founder of the SPCBFE
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...