Apocalyptic Kurt

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Apocalyptic Kurt

Post by Nandireya »

Not sure if this should be in here or the movies section...but it's Kurt so I'm putting it here...

Young Nightcrawler cast in X-Men: Apocalypse
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: Apocalyptic Kurt

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Yeah I just saw that on Newsarama as well! Kodi Smit-McFee.
Very exciting!! Seems like a legit kid, I liked "Let Me In" so... Maybe?

If this link is pasted in wrong it's cause I'm on a cell...
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Link works for me...

I think the only thing I've seen of his is Paranorman...though he is apparently a big part of a mini-series/TV movie on Gallipoli that is currently airing down here...he IS an Australian, you know. Might have to check out some of his other stuff...
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

i scrolled through my twitter this morning and FREAKED THE FLIP OUT!!! This is really exciting. I like this casting choice. He's attractive, but not too attractive. Slender, experienced, talented. I'm really looking forward to this. SQUEEEEE!!!
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

One post I read compared him to Benedict Cumberbatch...not classically attractive, but with an appeal all of his own...which fits Kurt quite well ^_^
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Yeah, I saw this late last night! Very cool! Now, hopefully, since this is the younger version, maybe they will dispense with the weird scarification thing, which I always found off-putting. And give him more of a personality.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I actually tweeted the crew and Kodi about that... I said that they should focus more on the young, fun character and not the scarry religious one...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Nandireya wrote:Link works for me...

I think the only thing I've seen of his is Paranorman...though he is apparently a big part of a mini-series/TV movie on Gallipoli that is currently airing down here...he IS an Australian, you know. Might have to check out some of his other stuff...

HE WAS ALSO IN The Road! TREMENDOUS FILM! [WARNING! Link is super sad]
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Yeah...not really my sort if movie...maybe the vampire one with Hit Girl in it is more my speed...

I wonder if they'll go into the Mystique connection, or gloss over it with a little aside like with Quicksilver?
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

In the original "Let Me In" (called "Let The Right One In" but it's Swedish) the story is exceptionally dark. Example here.

The remake, while interesting and decent in its own way, is slightly more optimistic, but still a horror flick. It's visuals, in terms of cinematography, match the creativity of it's original, but as far as American remakes go, it's a very decent successor.

The Road is based on a book by Cormac McCarthy who also wrote the trilogy that inspired the 2000 film All The Pretty Horses. So... this kid has been in some good company in terms of solid scripts/stories/acting. Currently in a movie with Michael Fassbender [Magneto].
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

So "Slow West" looks REALLY good. I think I'm going to go outta my way to see that one.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

This is an article that come out today (This particular source is http://x-menfilms.com/kodi-smit-mcphee- ... pocalypse/ )

"Superhero Hype caught up with 18 yo actor Kodi Smit-McPhee who plays a younger version of Nightcrawler in X-MEN: APOCALYPSE.

The actor says he connected with director Bryan Singer early on and became his first choice for the role. “I just had a meeting with Bryan Singer and we hit it off and spoke a lot about our own interests in quantum physics and the spiritual world, so we hit it off, and then I just did an audition and they were saying, ‘Bryan wanted you the whole time [for Nightcrawler] so let’s get the auditions done with.’ I can’t wait to connect up with him on set. It will be such a different environment.”

Smit-McPhee says he’s looking at all iterations of Nightcrawler for his performance, researching the comics, cartoons and the previous portrayal by Alan Cumming in X2. “I don’t try to avoid it [imitating Alan Cumming], and I don’t try to keep it in mind. I just let things come naturally. Because it is the Marvel Universe and X-Men and there are a lot of people expecting a lot of things, I did a huge amount of research on anyone who has portrayed it and even in the comics and the cartoons and live action. I just followed Nightcrawler’s story. I feel very honored and grateful to be expressing that now. I can’t wait.

“They have the ability to bring these younger characters in now, so I think a lot of the people who know the traditional origins of where this came from will be very happy.”
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

http://on.mtv.com/1Kni7WC first look at Kurt!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

The picture was already taken off Bryan Singer's instagram, but a quick search online will find you the image, available in still, gif, or video. Worth noticing: no scars, which is good. Fun eighties hair and outfit. And a splash of red and black on his shoulders, an homage to the comics. Maybe we'll see a comics style costume in this one! I think it looks great and I'm excited to see more!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'll fetch the gif later tonight unless someone beats me to it...
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I have the gif, but don't know how to embed it in the forum. I shared it on Twitter.
Nightcrawlis
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Nightcrawlis »

In video version

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... /?a=119699

Love the look of him
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Thank you. He's my new Computer background :)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

You can no longer notice the odd spacing of his eyes...
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

True story! Since he's a mutant, just chalk it up to genetics
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Looks like a blatant photoshop job to me. I mean, ... GOOD photoshop job. But... a bit like a really well done cosplay if someone with experience/Hollywood tech and resources helped them make it.
Still...

I love the look, now let's see it in action so we can know we don't have another Beast from First Class on our hands...

Hey Brian Singer!

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Don't know if you guys follow Bryan Singer's Instagram but it looks like we're getting Archangel.

THIS IS GONNA BE GOOD!!

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Oh yeah, Archangel AND Psylocke?! Sounds like a great Horsemen line-up and X-Force lead in. Olivia Munn is a great choice, so I'm pumped!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Can't figure out how topost just the pic from my iPad...but if you scroll down...Kurt's still got those damn scars...and some nice, appropriately 80s blue streaks in his hair. How many sins could a pretween have actually committed?

Interesting that Mystique was the one to 'rescue' him though. Guess she knew where to look ;)
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Dammit. One or two scars make sense. But his whole face? Ugh... I am just glad he's in the film though. More about his character than anything else...