We maybe can save Nightcrawler

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
PirateKurt
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

We maybe can save Nightcrawler

Post by PirateKurt »

I follow Claremont on Facebook, and he has announced Nightcrawler's run coming to an end. But he also implied if people wrote in, they may not cancel. From his face book page "

Chris Claremont Tell your friends, tell your comics retailers - there are still three more issues to bump the sales and persuade the Marvel Powers-That-Be to reconsider!
January 3 at 8:43am · Like · 5

"

What I am proposing is we write letters. Actual letters. Not web board, but written on an envelope addressed letters to the editor to save our crawler little friend and his Bamf cohorts.

So I plan on picking up some post cards and addressing them thusly

Axle Alonso, Alan Fine, Dan Buckley
c/o Marvel Entertainment, LLC
135 W. 50th Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10020
With something along the following...

Dear fine peruser and purveyor of fine comical cartoons set forth in the printed media, Forthwith referred to as 'Those that Are Cancelling our Beloved Crawler'

It is with great hope I write thee fine sirs this day, (Insert date here) That the wisdom possessive behind those proud Aquilonian brows, be put to use in considering the following request. PLEASE DON'T CANCEL NIGHTCRAWLER!!!!!!

Signed,
Pirate kurt

(insert tear drops and my real name). Seriously folks, write a letter, save an elf
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Re: We maybe can save Nightcrawler

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I would love to see the series continue.

Unfortunately, I would much rather have Mr. Claremont finish his arc and hand it off to someone who may understand current readers a bit better. It would help drive up sales and take the character into a new direction (which is sorely needed). I would hope someone as skilled as Gail Smone, Dennis Hopeless, Gerry Dugan, or even Christos Gage could do this.

I'd even take G. Willow Wilson, as she has displayed amazing talent as a solo writer.

And yes, I have written to Mr. Brevoort and several others multiple times.

And no, I don't really think Alan Fine has any real say in a lot of this. It would be Brevoort and down, maybe Axel Alonso and down.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Perhaps I'm jaded, but I have little faith these days in the fan ability to influence editorial. After participating in numerous fan campaigns over the last 20+ years, with little return, it all seems a bit futile. But that's just me.

In all honesty, I haven't even read the new Nightcrawler series, although I have purchased every issue to show support for the character.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I want to say get on it, but it's not really done a lot for his character. Far from monumental.

After reading some of Dan Slott's work on She-Hulk, I almost wonder what he could do with Kurt.. .
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
garvet
Lubber
Lubber

Post by garvet »

Please could anybody ask Claremont how did Kurt manage to go to heaven again without soul? Or what is the soul for in that world if not for Afterlife and feelings? Oh please!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I don't know if anyone could ask him directly without running into him at a Con, he's pretty old school. Doesn't do a lot on the social networks aside from his Facebook (which I don't have a link to as I steer away from that particular social network)
... however you can take the questions to the following people:

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/

https://twitter.com/ToddNauck

That said, I think it's reasonable to assume that it's a fantasy/sci-fi world and not all the "rules" that are preached at the pulpit necessarily stand firm here. Creative licensing and such aside, I think it's safe to say no one can take away Kurt's soul and that might have been the message the whole time.

Just keep in mind...

Kurt's already playing a bigger role in the Marvel U than he has in the last two decades. I mean crap, he's been featured in every event solicitation since his return!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

And that's something I'm not complaining about! He deserves as much spotlight as anyone!!! As for the ending to Nightcrawler #10, (trying not to spoil) the state of his eternal soul has only been implied, not proven. Who really knows whether or not Kurt is doomed, but let's just hope we don't find out for a very long time :)

Also, Todd Nauck is very involved with his fans and the comic community, so he will answer most questions people ask (granted they aren't giving away confidential or future issue information)
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
garvet
Lubber
Lubber

Post by garvet »

Oh thanks! I 'll try!
As for the proofs, in Axis events Kurt says he has no soul any more =|
He says that. He can be wrong as he sold the soul to bamfs and now he consists of bamfs having his soul. So technically the soul and body still in one point. But does it grant afterlife experience to him? To be clarified!