Favorite Fan Art of the Fuzzy Blue Elf

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Favorite Fan Art of the Fuzzy Blue Elf

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Many talented artists have had their time to splash their ink on the formidable fencer, the champion of cut-throats, and the dazzler of damsels Mr. Kurt Wagner (aka Nightcrawler). But for every published version of Kurt there's about 12 unpublished redesigns, renderings, and sketches of the bamfy-creeper and I want to know which ones you think are the best!

This feed can include professional artists who have worked with Nightcrawler but let's try to stick to just "fan-art," if we can. At the least, mock-ups or daily sketches done on tumblr for practice. The occasional Skottie Young or Joe Mad is great!

Brian Michael Bendis has a tumblr where he pretty much just posts art all the time and answers questions with smug gifs. He's brilliant.

One of those pictures today was Victor Hugo Queiroz's Image

NIGHTCRAWLER! What a cutie!
Looks like something out of Paranorman!
Last edited by Ult_Sm86 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: Favorite Fan Art of the Fuzzy Blue Elf

Post by steyn »

That is absolutely amazing, love that squishy soft look to the texture. The artist does these amazing adorable caricatures of well known characters. Here's one of his websites dedicated to his CG art.

((I'm a bit giddy that he prefers using 3DS Max, seeing that not that many artists like to use 3DSmax, they usually go for other programs like Maya or XSI Soft or even Blender. I'm a Max man myself.))
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Here's another favorite by Marcio Takara

Check out his tumblr here: MTakara.TUMBLR.com

Another is this UncannyKnack character. Not everything he does I love, but it clearly takes time, patience, and a lot of photoshop. Some stuff just looks like glossed over pre-made images/movie stills but this one is really great. AND IT'S NIGHTCRAWLER!

Image]
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Bendis always has great art but rarely does he post Nightcrawler. Not sure whether it's 'cause there's not enough artists drawing him or that perhaps Mr. Bendis isn't particularly drawn to the character. Regardless, this is a great sketch by Jae Lee.