Kurt and Bamfs (slight spoilers)

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Kurt and Bamfs (slight spoilers)

Post by Entropy »

Rather surprised I've not seen any talk about the recent revelation about the relationship btn Kurt and the new Bamfs. Where the writer might steer it, both with Kurt and the bamfs (for instance will we be seeing more individual bamfs soon, like in wolvy and x-men?) and what it means for Kurt.
Obviously spoilers would need to be noted.
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Re: Kurt and Bamfs (slight spoilers)

Post by Wahnsinn »

I suspected this result after the reveal of the Bamfs' origin. Of course, I was looking for certain things for Reasons. ;)

One must wonder exactly what this means for Kurt's powers and beyond. It's an issue they sidestepped with certain others. Is he even technically what he was anymore? (I'm not sure how to go about doing spoilers here because I've never tried, so I hope that make sense.)
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Just do this:

SPOILER ALERT!!

The Bamf origins are weird, but plausible in Comic Lore. Kurt did not have a physical body to return to, so it makes sense to use the bamfs as a physical means of becoming whole again. As far as Kurt's powerset is concerned, don't bamfs have roughly the same physical capabilities of Nightcrawler himself? We don't know if any part of the sentience of the Bamfs remain in Kurt's body, but it seems that Kurt is in control of himself. But you do raise a valid point... is Kurt still a mutant? Maybe not by definition or substance, but by virtue?? He sees himself as a mutant and everyone else does too, but say a virus that only targets mutants is released... would he be susceptible? Hmmm...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
sungila
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by sungila »

GUSHING SUNGILA PRAISE ALERT

the collective Kurt-tatsic creative genius of this BAMF intelligentsia provisionally ignites the most wondrous 'maginations
such answers are the stuff that launch the legendary into brave new legends to be!
such answers are the questions that shape new futures...

there is only the past without the future your brilliance invites...

danke you crazy 'crawlers.

you amazing yous
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

SPOILER ALERT!!!

They definitely had to come up with a body for him unless they went with a body-snatch or clone. Anything's plausible in comics! :D

The Bamfs are shapeshifters by nature, and they seem to take on the qualities of whoever feeds them. By that logic, they initially gained teleportation through Azazel's blood. Would they have gained it through being fed bits of Kurt's soul? It's hard to say because he didn't get to them first. Given that Kurt used Azazel's blood magic against him, I'm guessing that Kurt's blood is not his own. Does that mean he picks up Daddy's longevity? It'd be impossible to tell if any shapeshifting capabilities come from the Bamfs or Azazel, and the latter was shown shooting paralyzing energy during his first appearance. Was that sorcery or a natural ability? Kurt could have inherited quite the power set.

I think you're right that Kurt will probably still consider himself a mutant. Like you said, though, a virus would reveal the truth of the matter. A DNA test presumably would as well. Will he be more susceptible to magical attacks? And what exactly does death mean to him now? :eek
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Well, given that dear old dad's a long lived mutant, and the bamfs were fed mutant DNA, that could very well still mean Kurt's physically a mutant. But the possibilities....