Young Movie Nightcrawler

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Entropy
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Young Movie Nightcrawler

Post by Entropy »

Brian Singer is apparently considering a young crawler and gambit in the next x-men movie...

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/03/21/ ... %E2%80%8F/
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Re: Young Movie Nightcrawler

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Let the casting speculation begin!!

My top five:
Jaden Smith
Freddie Highmore
Liam Aiken
Thomas Sangster
Skandar Keynes

Throw in Dan Radcliffe just for kicks...
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Jaden Smith? I didn't know he was shooting for that young...
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

There's no casting yet. My reasoning is that Nightcrawler was roughly 35 when X2 occurred in 2003. If X-Men Apocalypse takes place in 1985, Nightcrawler would be 18. How old will Jaden be in 2016? Answer: 18. Perfect. Also, we know he can act, fight, and do acrobatic stunts from his work on Karate Kid.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Bamfing_Bob wrote:There's no casting yet. My reasoning is that Nightcrawler was roughly 35 when X2 occurred in 2003. If X-Men Apocalypse takes place in 1985, Nightcrawler would be 18. How old will Jaden be in 2016? Answer: 18. Perfect. Also, we know he can act, fight, and do acrobatic stunts from his work on Karate Kid.

Well,... fight and do acrobatic stunts at least.

And don't be too sure. I mean Scott is Alex Summers' younger brother in this movie verse but by what? 20 years? He's appears in the 80's in his late teens (at best) in Wolverine: Origins where Alex was early 20's in the 60's during X-Men: First Class. That's like .... quite the gap. Way more than 20 actually.

I think the point of DoFP is to reset a lot of these time/continuity issues so hopefully that's what's going on. And maybe we are seeing a set up for Apocalypse? Gambit/Nightcrawler ARE pretty important to those stories...
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
sungila
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by sungila »

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0924210/?ref_=tt_cl_t9
Ben Whishaw - he's graceful, dynamic, does a good Arial in Shakespeare's 'Tempest' - he's skilled in the chivalric romance that would do Kurt justice...plus he looks the part doesn't he? AND he's acted with Alan Cumming (who had the heart but not the physical presence of a true Nightcrawler).

Ben Whishaw!!!
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Maybe if we ignore age continuity, he would work. I've never even heard of this guy though... How is his German accent?
sungila
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by sungila »

I don't know the names of any actor's who are under 20. (Alas Bamfing-Bob, I haven't seen many movies since leaving my folk's house and their HBO back in 1996). But I can't imagine lil' Fresh Prince as Kurt Wagner...and how's his German?
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Touche
FuzzyBlueElf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FuzzyBlueElf »

I fucking hope Jaden Smith isn't cast. "Most Trees Are Blue Like Me." "How Can Mutants Be Real If Our Powers Aren't Real" NOPE

Personally if it were an Adult Nightcrawler go for either David Tennant or Tom Hiddleston

I don't know many teen actors that could do Nightcrawler, or they get actors who are much older to portray younger characters like how Andrew Garfield plays a Teen Spider-man even though he's in his 30s
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Can't use Hiddleston, he's Loki. I mean you could... but you can't now. And Tennant... maybe.

I'd say go younger though.
In my opinion, the actor who plays Joffrey in Game of Thrones could easily pull it off...
Image Looks like a holographic image induced Wagner to me.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I just started watching Game of Thrones, so I totally see this! It takes an awesome actor to really get people to hate you, so yeah. Do this. I'm tweeting Bryan Singer now.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I have unfortunate news that I just learned...

But being you just started the show... I can't tell you... :shocked not sure how to proceed here...

He's probably not going to do the part of Nightcrawler, let's just leave it at that. Though I think for enough money anyone could be persuaded.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Never thought of Kurt as a blond...but he could work...unfortunately he's just announced his retirement from acting.
FuzzyBlueElf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FuzzyBlueElf »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Can't use Hiddleston, he's Loki. I mean you could... but you can't now. And Tennant... maybe.

I'd say go younger though.
In my opinion, the actor who plays Joffrey in Game of Thrones could easily pull it off...
Image Looks like a holographic image induced Wagner to me.
Not a bad choice, some of Kurt's image induced forms were light brunette so him having blonde hair isn't too fair off. But the lad isn't planning on acting again.

Though I really think they should just put Make up on his face and hair and not bother doing the thing that they did with Alan Cummings where they painted his entire body I mean yeah it looks nice but that really is time consuming and costs more and is surely uncomfortable. Just put him in a similar costume to his comic version and you're sorted.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I think a certain guarantee of box-office $$ and sequel $$ could persuade even the thriftiest, most philosophical young actor.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Consider this: Nightcrawler raised in the circus, fun costume, swashbuckler, the whole nine yards. Then, something terrible happens and he finds refuge in the Catholic church. Marks his body, becomes melancholy, etc. I say, stick to classic Nightcrawler for X-Men Apocolypse. And as far as Gleeson is concerned, I'd like him to play it, but if he has retired, then there will be someone else...
FuzzyBlueElf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FuzzyBlueElf »

Should hire me to be Nightcrawler, I'd play him amazingly I can do a German Accent too. And as an added bonus to being hired I'd help them with their script so fans wouldn't get ticked off.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Could always use Chandler Riggs... he's already got the hands down!

.... Kinda looks like Young Kurt too...

FuzzyBlueElf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FuzzyBlueElf »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:Could always use Chandler Riggs... he's already got the hands down!

.... Kinda looks like Young Kurt too...

He'll be 17 in 2016 so yeah it could work.

Not too familiar with him though.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I like Chandler Riggs! He's not as athletic as some other choices, but he has proven to be a great dramatic actor with the talent of comic relief. How about the accent? You think he's spent enough time around Andrew Lincoln to get a European accent down?
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

:shifty Andrew Lincoln is British... not so much with the German accent learning there. Hehehe Chandler Riggs. Carl as Nightcrawler is just amusing in my head, but I could see the kid pulling something like that off. I would tend to say, however, that he's going to be busy for the next few years, since The Walking Dead isn't going anywhere.

Joffrey. HAHAHAHAA. *cough* Well...
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

A thought...

If this is AoA...then Kurt was raised by his mum. He doesn't NEED a German accent.
FuzzyBlueElf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FuzzyBlueElf »

Nandireya wrote:A thought...

If this is AoA...then Kurt was raised by his mum. He doesn't NEED a German accent.
It's not an Adaptation of Age of Apocalypse it's just an Apocalypse story.