Aaron leaves Amazing X - Kyle & Yost to take over

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
HardCider
Lubber
Lubber

Re: Aaron leaves Amazing X - Kyle & Yost to take over

Post by HardCider »

I think some of you might be judging them a little early we are only 2 issues in give them a chance to tell a story. I loved the X-Force they did. I hated the whole story when Kurt died not just because Kurt died the story was just crap.
My final point is they have a great X-Men team to work with a lot of my favorite characters are in this group including my #1 favorite Nightcrawler so I hope they don't "F" it up. Give them a chance.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I don't think Kyle & Yost are going to fuck it up, I think theyr'e going to tell the best story they can.

And the story where AoA Kurt (Darkholme) died in X-Force was by Rick Remender, though Wagner died in an issue of X-Force during the Second Coming event which was part of the "Messiah Complex" arc, and though Yost pulled the trigger, he didn't want to. It was a universal, X-Camp decision by the editors and writers.

So far, the series has been improved by their addition to it. I'm likely to keep buying.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
HardCider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HardCider »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:I don't think Kyle & Yost are going to fuck it up, I think theyr'e going to tell the best story they can.

And the story where AoA Kurt (Darkholme) died in X-Force was by Rick Remender, though Wagner died in an issue of X-Force during the Second Coming event which was part of the "Messiah Complex" arc, and though Yost pulled the trigger, he didn't want to. It was a universal, X-Camp decision by the editors and writers.

So far, the series has been improved by their addition to it. I'm likely to keep buying.

I am sorry that I was not clear. But next time could you ask for clarification before you presume that I am wrong. Thank you and I will endeavor to make sure that I am more clear
Second coming was crap from beginning to end and AOA Nightcrawler sucked he was a pale knock off.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Don't think I presumed at all there, friend. In fact, I think I simply stated that I was not of themind they were going to fuck it up. Also, if you insist on feeling that way about post Second Coming that's fine, no one's saying you're wrong. I was just stating where his death occurred.

Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
HardCider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HardCider »

I just got issue 3 and I liked it, the art was good and everyone got some page time.

This is probably my favorite X-team ever I hope they have a long run.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That was my reaction to this last issue of Amazing X-Men! Yost & Kyle are killing it here! Even Alpha Flight, a team I've never put a lot of stock into, are awesome here! And Kurt is KICKING ASS!

Also, the humor in this issue is great, such a good balance between drama and comedy. Dark but not too dark! I LIKE IT A LOT!

It's like every week these books come out, Nightcrawler from Claremont puts me out, total snore-fest. Can't get through six pages straight in one sitting, and then I just interrupt that awful comic mid-read and pick up this and it's like

AWESOME!

THIS is how a comic should be!

Great series! Hard Cider is dead on, this is my favorite X-Team/X-Book of all time as of right now.

*sends letter to Marvel*
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

I was really enjoying this one under Aaron but Kyost just isn't cutting it for me so far. It went from a book that felt old school and like a group of people who cared about one another to yet another snarky quippy formula, like we don't have enough of those to choose from. There's a guest writer coming up in November that I'm looking forward to, but other than that, this is only still on my pull list because of roster. I no longer anticipate it eagerly every month.
Sundown
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by Sundown »

FuzzyBlueElf wrote:
I'm fine with Logan and Kurt rekindling their relationship but I have not even seen much of that even happening especially given the fact Wolverine was supposed to be a supporting character in Nightcrawler's solo
Yeah, that friendship has been utterly ignored, for whatever reason, and they're running out of time. I just don't get it, either. Kurt's death was used as a major factor in why Wolverine has done such an about face in how he deals with things, yet they've gotten essentially no panel time together. Weird.
HardCider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HardCider »

I love this book and this story with the "great beasts" is awesome, I do wish that Nightcrawler was getting a little more page time but he did get a great moment in this past issue. This team is so great I hope they keep up the good work.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I sure hope Wolverine and Nightcrawler share a moment before it's too late... The team works great together though and I like seeing the way they play off of each other. Keep up the good work!
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I am hoping for a moment of reflection on Logan's part with a nice two-page spread of his life the moment of his death... and somewhere in a nice splash of imagery should be Kurt and him splitting a beer over Banshee's grave or something.
HardCider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HardCider »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:I am hoping for a moment of reflection on Logan's part with a nice two-page spread of his life the moment of his death... and somewhere in a nice splash of imagery should be Kurt and him splitting a beer over Banshee's grave or something.
That would be nice but I kind of doubt it. They have one more issue to complete the "gregarious beast" story and Wolverine will already be dead. I would not be surprised if the following issue will be solely dedicated to the entire team reminiscing about Wolverine and all he has done.
HardCider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HardCider »

The ending was a little anticlimatic. I am left feeling underwellmed. :(
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

Honestly though, how did you expect it to end? I got everything out of it that I was expecting... fighting on several fronts, big mystical solution, everyone lives happily ever after (except Logan. Too soon?). My question is, and there are spoilers here fyi, if Storm, Firestar, Iceman, and Rockslide (?) became "gods" to defeat the big baddie, are they still that way or was the power taken away once the threat was eliminated? Also, I'd have to reread it, but was there a Fastball special w/ Nightcrawler in this one? I somewhat recall this...

Last year, I was super excited to have McGuinness and Aaron on this title because they knew how to do a good team book, plus they sure can do Nightcrawler justice. After they left, it just doesn't have the same tone. Just a generic X-book. I'd like an issue or two that isn't all about missions, focusing more on the team dynamic and structure, now sans Wolverine. Explore Firestar more, maybe some romance/bromance stuff. I want substance, not just "we have powers, so let's fight other stuff with powers". The reason we love these characters, after all, is not their skillset (even though it does contribute) but their personality.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

So I'm not the only one who felt this last issue was very rushed, then.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Well, Wolverine died earlier this month, end of last one. It would be a bit ridiculous to have the story carry onto next month. So rushed, yes... but not awfully rushed. Just... got to the point faster than anticipated.

Nice to see the Canadian Avengers, er-I mean Alpha Flight, doing stuff though.
HardCider
Lubber
Lubber

Post by HardCider »

So am I the only one that was disappointed in the last issue of this book the Axis tie in. An evil Kurt and all we get is a bunch of Mystique wankery, now don't get me wrong I like her but not as much as Kurt and on top of that I don't think there is any way in hell that she could stop Kurt from killing if he really wanted to, yet in this issue she was fast enough to do just that at every turn. I know that they just did not want Kurt to be a killer but they should just not have done this story, instead Kurt looks inept amd Mystique comes out looking like a bad ass. Just made me sad, oh well.
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

So, the new arc of Amazing X-Men. I'm having a really good time reading this. The character development of Colossus is insightful and accurate. The fact that they aren't afraid to explore the darker side of Peter is a welcome change to the tone of the book. I'm glad that this arc is happening. Also, bringing in more villains that aren't necessarily being villainous is fun. Better than World War Wendigo, for sure.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

It's pretty goo!

Not too sure why Kurt had pupils in issue #15 though. Not in the following issue... just 15.

Weird.

And it's only in like 3 of the panels he shows up in. I was all:

It was upsetting.
FuzzyBlueElf
Lubber
Lubber

Post by FuzzyBlueElf »

I read all the way to #19 recently and I really liked it. I liked the whole Wendigo saga and I really did love the Juggernaut story because of how it focused on Colossus and Cain Marko being the Juggernaut and I liked the Scarlet Witch cameo too when all the minor X-men characters showed up like Jinn and the Living Monolith.

After some awkward writing of Iceman they seemed to write him better too.

:LOL glad to see I was proven wrong.