Brad Swaile Interviews?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Marijke Rose
Lubber
Lubber

Brad Swaile Interviews?

Post by Marijke Rose »

Are there any?
Brad Swaile did the voice of Nightcrawler in X-Men: Evolution, and I've been searching for interviews with him about it. I haven't found anything, except for a couple youtube videos from cons where he did his Nightcrawler voice/impression for fans. Otherwise, I've only been able to find his actor profile, and quit a bit about his Anime work (most notably, his work in the Gundam series, particularly his work as Quatre from Gundam Wing).

I also couldn't find anything on this forum, though I've been searching.

Thank you in advance!
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Re: Brad Swaile Interviews?

Post by steyn »

unfortunately that sounds like a vary rare thing to find. In all my years on this forum, I haven't once heard of an interview with him ever linked here. Sorry, but if you do come across something, I bet a lot of people would appreciate it if you linked it :)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

first thing that popped up when I googled his name + NIGHTCRAWLER That's the only clip I can find of him though there is this...

which is just an interview with him starting with My Little Pony Tails...

Not sure what to make of it. Haven't gotten all the way through it yet.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Marijke Rose
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Marijke Rose »

Ah, thank you. And, alright, IF I ever find anything, I will definitely link it here. As said, though, no luck so far.

I don't even know what this forum generally thinks about Evolution (though I love it, and find it to be much more accurate to the comic books than the movies - and was thrilled to be able to share my geekiness with people who'd otherwise never read or had any interest in the comic books), but I was specifically impressed with it because of Brad Swaile's voice acting. The accent he used, and his pronunciation of German phrases are *excellent* (for example, in comparison to Alan Cummings' portrayal in the movie - there, the accent was overdone/stereotypical, and the first time you hear him speaking German in the church, the phrases are just odd - found a bit of the script, including the actual German phrases, and showed it to friends here and they were just like "Uh, I have no idea what that's supposed to mean."); and while Alan Cummings supposedly speaks fluent German (least, that's what IMDB said and claimed it to be a reason he was ultimately chosen for the part of Nightcrawler in X2), I've read that Evolution Nightcrawler was Brad Swaile's first time using an accent (no clue if he speaks or has any type of experience with German or not).
On the note of Evolution and German, just BTW, the German that Rogue speaks after 'absorbing' Nightcrawler is, uh, not only badly pronounced, but also quite wrong. The mispronunciation, I could understand if the Actress doesn't have any German knowledge, but the grammatical errors and wrong phrasing in comparison to Nightcrawler's german, make no sense. I mean, they get it right for Nightcrawler, but for Rogue, it's pretty much an epic fail? (Just to clarify, what she wants to say is, "I can speak German???", what she says, however, seems like a word-for-word translation of "I understand Germans???" - or, in German, what I hear is a very badly pronounced, "Ich verstehe Deutsche???" - not something I've ever heard here, even from foreigners).

The other reason for my interest about an interview on his interpretation of Nightcrawler - aside from the obvious of being a Nightcrawler fan - is also that he's completely changed his voice for the role. His voice is normally deeper and a bit more gruff, yet he seems to voice boy characters with very soft and higher-pitched voices - not that it's unusual for voice actors - that's part of voice acting - but I'd be curious to see what he has to say about it.
Marijke Rose
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Marijke Rose »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:first thing that popped up when I googled his name + NIGHTCRAWLER That's the only clip I can find of him though there is this...

which is just an interview with him starting with My Little Pony Tails...

Not sure what to make of it. Haven't gotten all the way through it yet.
Sorry for double-posting.

Yes, those are two clips I also found. Been also searching for written interviews, and I mostly find stuff about his Anime works. Can't believe I forgot about Ranma and Deathnote in my original post - and don't ask me why I thought he did the voice of Qautre in Gundam Wing* - think he did it in a video game or something (seen this interview, but am lost now, LOL!)..

*EDIT: Oh, just kick me already! Cause he did.