So here's what I did today. Remember, this is no where near finished...
So here are the feet. All the nastiness will be covered by spandex, so have no fear! Will probably paint white, depending on opacity of material. I doubt I will keep the laces in. Notice I had to cut into the shoe a bit to make the toes more pronounced and I added the "back toe", naturally. I also put ping pong ball halves on the toes, for added detail.
So this is my modeling the tail. 1st photo is outside the shirt to see how i mounted it, 2nd pic is under the shirt to kind of show how it should look in costume. The red V in the costume will have a hole in the back for the tail to come through, hopefully hiding some of the bulge in the lower back. I also hope to lose a few lbs in my tummy, not only to look nice in the costume, but to look nice for my wedding.
I modified an unused belt to secure the tail, which is made of aluminum rod and foam rubber. Needed alot of tape to get it right. Added cardboard for extra support.
The spade is made of cardboard. Note how the end of the tail tapers into the spade. Once I add the dark blue felt around it, I will accentuate this detail in the stitching.