X-campus

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

X-campus

Post by Elfdame »

Realizing that, yes indeed, I stay unfashionably far behind the times, esp by checking trade paperbacks out of library rather than subscribing to series, I recently read X-Campus and loved it. I did a Search and only found a couple of references to it here.

The issues I read had some decent Kurt action in them and, to me, good characterizations and suspense. It felt more like the old Stan Lee touch from the late 60's altho set in the modern era.

Anyone have thoughts on it? Like/dislike, resent/adore? Were there more issues after the one where Kurt finds out who his mama is?
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

X-campus

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I read through some of the stuff. The art was solid and the story writing was creative, but it felt like a cheap trick used to bring in younger audiences.

Also -- it did have great Kurt action... but I didn't like young Logan, it was creepy. I'm so used to him not being.... young.

[Edited on 17/7/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

X-campus

Post by Wahnsinn »

I enjoyed it. Wasn't it translated to English for the US release? I seem to recall reading that when it was solicited.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-campus

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I didn't realize it wasn't originally in English? I only read it in English.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-campus

Post by Angelique »

It wasn't originally in English. Also, the way American football was described and portrayed gave this college football aficionada a good giggle.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

X-campus

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I thought X-Campus was such a cute read! The dialogue was a bit wonky, but I think that was mostly due to the translation. In all, it was a nice story and fun enough. I love these side books that have nothing to do with canon. Sometimes they are the best (ala Exiles, Xstatix and Xmen: First Class - My top 3 xbooks of the last 10 years!)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-campus

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I'm wondering if there's more plans for X-Campus, I'm assuming there will be. If nothing else, if they bring back Exiles they can at least dip into that Universe for a short time.

[Edited on 31/8/11 by Ult_Sm86]
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

X-campus

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

I thought it was so-so. By the last book I was mostly skimming, couldn't be bothered to read everything. The story was new (kind of) but I've seen all of these character arcs already multiple times so the final verdict is dull dull dull.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

X-campus

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I wonder if they'll introduce these characters to other Marvel characters within that universe?

I'd love to see them do a sort of "Avengers Campus" type deal.