How should nightcrawler return?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

deadpixiedust wrote:I guess it partly has to do with how bad 616 Kurt's death and funeral was. I really would like to see him vindicated in some way. To me its like saying 616 Kurt could not survive so lets replace it with shiny badass AoA Kurt. Im not sure I want to see Kurt porting fingers off, thats why I like the idea of a merge. I think Darkholme came from a time where things were much different and 616 Kurt's knowledge would help him while Darkholme can help 616 Kurt battlewise. The laws in 616 are very different from AoA. They can benefit from each other I think.
I think it's more like "We don't know what the heck to do with 616 Kurt, but this version sure would kick ass in X-Force!" if they're actually thinking of bringing in AoA Kurt. They can always tell him that he's not allowed to amputate body parts outside of an emergency. ;)

It's hard to say exactly what they're up to with this event, though. The line at the top of the teaser is rather ominous when you realize that Warren is missing from the X-Force lineup in that image. Taking it optimistically, I'd say it implies he'll get severely injured or that the Death persona overtakes him. I'd like to think they won't just up and kill him. It's possible that X-Force see the AoA X-Men as responsible for whatever "fall" is being referenced.

[Edited on 1/3/11 by Wahnsinn]
deadpixiedust
Lubber
Lubber

Post by deadpixiedust »

I agree, they don't know what to do with 616 Kurt in the current climate. I wish 616 Kurt could have been given energy swords to render people unconscious instead of having to go to some lengths like AoA Kurt. I like him, but I guess I'm still feeling a bit burned about the death and jumping ahead. I'll wait and see.
*.*.*.deadpixiedust.*.*.*
Wahnsinn
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by Wahnsinn »

Light sabers! Woot! Kurt used to knock people out through rapid teleportation, but that always had the downside of leaving him weakened as well. Ah, well.

Last night, I had a dream in which I read an issue of Uncanny X-Force that explained why Warren is missing from the team in the teaser, how the AoA X-Men end up in the 616 reality, and ended with AoA Kurt getting left behind when they all get transported back. I shouldn't think about this stuff before going to sleep. :LOL

EDIT: Another thing I should do is check for relevant new info before coming here. The writer of the aforementioned comic has revealed that X-Force will be going to the AoA reality and that it takes place around 10 years after the end of the 2005 AoA miniseries. Yes, Wolverine will react to seeing two dead friends (Kurt and Jean).

[Edited on 2/3/11 by Wahnsinn]
Nightchild
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Nightchild »

He should be revived by Mr. Sinister and be reborn as a villain to the X-Men. :)
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I wish this forum had "LIKE" application similar to Facebook, 'cause I like the HELL out of that idea right there!

Given of course after time he goes back to the X-Men when he snaps out of it! ;) :sinister
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Jeremus
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by Jeremus »

http://marvel.wikia.com/Uncanny_X-Force_Vol_1_13

AoA Kurt may actually be playing a larger role than wallpaper......maybe.

[Edited on 01/19/09 by Jeremus]
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Post by Nandireya »

Ult_Sm86 wrote:I wish this forum had "LIKE" application similar to Facebook, 'cause I like the HELL out of that idea right there!

Given of course after time he goes back to the X-Men when he snaps out of it! ;) :sinister
I could go with him being a part-time bad guy...with Logan being the one to drag him back to the light. Be a nice reversal of roles for them...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

Nandireya,
Yeah, I like that idea! It might even help Logan see that he himself needs to get back to the light, as you put it.

I just got some of the Uncanny X-Force issues but haven't read them yet, so I have yet to catch up on what Logan's doing there, but rumor has it he's acting pretty vicious. Seems to me there's been a rather serious theme running thru some of the comics lately, exploring the ago-old question of whether the end justifies the means. Considering where the US is today, using torture and assassination, that's a pretty relevant question that really needs to be asked.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

That's what I was sorta getting at before Nandireya, the idea of Kurt joining XForce and Logan being SEVERELY disappointed
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
kladyelf
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

Post by kladyelf »

*moment of utter randomness*

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I suddenly want :) to reappear out of nowhere for no good reason and sing the Mnah Mnah song, and the only way the X-men can get him back permanently is to sing the Mnah Mnah song as well. (Female X-men like Storm or Emma can sing the "doot doot doot" bit) Of course Wolverine gets carried away singing the Mnah mnah bit and everyone gives him the hairy eyeball as he trails off into embarrassed silence. (including :))
:D
meddle not in the affairs of ficcers for you are malleable and easily .... O_o *stares* ooh is that a cookie?

Love your enemies - It will drive them nuts!

Crazy.... but in the nicest possible way....

To Stupidityyyyy - and beyond!

*after reading the latest gory/depressing "mainstream" comic* ....*sigh* that's it, I'm packin' up and moving back to the Eighties...
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

I could see the AoA Kurt joining X-Force, in the event that he gets somehow stuck in this universe. I read one review that said some of the characters will get stuck here, so we can hope it's Kurt.

kladyelf: That would be hilarious, especially the bit about Logan getting too enthusiastic about the singing. Just imagining such a scene made me laugh!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

kladyelf wrote:*moment of utter randomness*

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I suddenly want :) to reappear out of nowhere for no good reason and sing the Mnah Mnah song, and the only way the X-men can get him back permanently is to sing the Mnah Mnah song as well. (Female X-men like Storm or Emma can sing the "doot doot doot" bit) Of course Wolverine gets carried away singing the Mnah mnah bit and everyone gives him the hairy eyeball as he trails off into embarrassed silence. (including :))
:D
LMAO!

And I really like your idea, Nandi.

I agree I think the current theme, while too dark for some folks, is relevant to the times -- and interesting to boot.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Karl wrote:I just got some of the Uncanny X-Force issues but haven't read them yet, so I have yet to catch up on what Logan's doing there, but rumor has it he's acting pretty vicious. Seems to me there's been a rather serious theme running thru some of the comics lately, exploring the ago-old question of whether the end justifies the means. Considering where the US is today, using torture and assassination, that's a pretty relevant question that really needs to be asked.
I haven't touched a Marvel book since Kurt died...I didn't even read the one in which he DID die...so I'm kind of out of the loop in that regard...
Ult_Sm86 wrote:That's what I was sorta getting at before Nandireya, the idea of Kurt joining XForce and Logan being SEVERELY disappointed
But they're still kinda good guys, right? Dark, but good. I wanna see Kurt actually not-in-his-right mind bad.

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

Nandireya,
You didn't read about how he died? How do you manage to keep away from the latest comics where Kurt appears, even tho it's as a sort of spiritual being? I'd be dying of curiosity, if nothing else.

As for Uncanny X-Force, yes, they are still kinda good guys, but not exactly the kind we're used to. They kill when they feel it to be necessary, without compunction and without too much remorse. The next issue, #11, is supposed to have X-Force dealing with the Age of Apocalypse X-Men, including Kurt Darkholme.
Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Blob55 »

It seems Marvel always wants to keep Nightcrawler in the comics, even if it's an alternate Universe/Timeline version.
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

I'd consider that a hopeful sign, at this point.
Blob55
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Blob55 »

I know this is ot, but... did Mystique really get killed in Wolverine 9?
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by Nandireya »

Karl wrote:Nandireya,
You didn't read about how he died? How do you manage to keep away from the latest comics where Kurt appears, even tho it's as a sort of spiritual being? I'd be dying of curiosity, if nothing else.

As for Uncanny X-Force, yes, they are still kinda good guys, but not exactly the kind we're used to. They kill when they feel it to be necessary, without compunction and without too much remorse. The next issue, #11, is supposed to have X-Force dealing with the Age of Apocalypse X-Men, including Kurt Darkholme.
I completely lost interest in Marvel when they killed him...he was the only reason I was buying any of their books as it was...though I still do give the movies a looksee.

At about the same time DC cancelled the only book of theirs I was buying and the independents I was following stopped publishing...so I don't get any comics at all any more, at least not on a regular basis...I get the occasional TPB, and I'm collecting the Fullmetal Alchemist manga (but it's only got three volumes left, so I won't have that much longer)...it makes me quite sad...

I saw the previews for the Kurt kinda appearances, but I didn't look into them too much, I'm not currently willing to give Marvel any of my money for a couple of breadcrumbs. If :aoa becomes a regular character in X-Force or somewhere else in the X-Universe, and is treated decently, I MIGHT pick it up...but I'll probably go for trades rather than individual issues.

the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

I realize I'm late to the party, but has anyone suggested he *not* come back for a while and spend some time in the underworld kicking Mephisto's caboose around town? What with all the talk about how he's 'attuned to magic' and how he's clearly got some potential to go super powerful (remember how Earth-X Nightcrawler became Belasco?) if he really wanted, why not let him have some fun adventures in the afterlife? (At least something interesting could come of the whole 'Draco' debacle. Let's make the best of a terrible situation. XD )

I've been devoting a lot of thought to this topic lately, and a few questions start to surface. One of them was why Mephisto would have bothered coming and making Kurt a deal to stay out of "the great war" (which I think we can all agree hasn't happened yet) when Kurt was going to die before it all went down *anyway*? Just mind games? He wanted Kurt to owe him one? What? (Well, probably mind games...) Anyways, my nerdy IRL buddy and I have had some fun speculating about what could be done if Kurt *wasn't* to return to the world of the living for a while. I mean, I'd totally read that miniseries.

Edit: I'm not saying he should go evil, mind you- I even hesitate to say he could rise to "a position of power" so much as a "position of leadership". I just think back to the Magic miniseries (did anyone read that or was it just me?) and there seemed like a lot of things to explore there.

[Edited on 21-9-2011 by the_lone_bamf]
Image Image
"Every living creature is unique-- it is a part of our charm."
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

the_lone_bamf wrote:I realize I'm late to the party, but has anyone suggested he *not* come back for a while and spend some time in the underworld kicking Mephisto's caboose around town? What with all the talk about how he's 'attuned to magic' and how he's clearly got some potential to go super powerful (remember how Earth-X Nightcrawler became Belasco?) if he really wanted, why not let him have some fun adventures in the afterlife? (At least something interesting could come of the whole 'Draco' debacle. Let's make the best of a terrible situation. XD )

I've been devoting a lot of thought to this topic lately, and a few questions start to surface. One of them was why Mephisto would have bothered coming and making Kurt a deal to stay out of "the great war" (which I think we can all agree hasn't happened yet) when Kurt was going to die before it all went down *anyway*? Just mind games? He wanted Kurt to owe him one? What? (Well, probably mind games...) Anyways, my nerdy IRL buddy and I have had some fun speculating about what could be done if Kurt *wasn't* to return to the world of the living for a while. I mean, I'd totally read that miniseries.

Edit: I'm not saying he should go evil, mind you- I even hesitate to say he could rise to "a position of power" so much as a "position of leadership". I just think back to the Magic miniseries (did anyone read that or was it just me?) and there seemed like a lot of things to explore there.

[Edited on 21-9-2011 by the_lone_bamf]
You're not alone in wanting him to stay dead, but for slightly different reasons. I don't see the purpose of bringing him back for the sake of it. If they have an amazingly awesome story to tell with him then hell, bring him back. But to bring him back just to have the same role he had prior to death is a waste. I'd rather he stay dead until someone who WANTS to write him comes along and does incredible things with him. However, perhaps that's what we'll get with Darkholme?

As for all the Mephisto stuff from the solo way back when, I think it's pretty safe to say none of it will be happening and it's been dropped.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

I understand not wanting to bring him back so he can just hang around again. I agree with that wholeheartedly. And were he to show up next issue, I think he'd have a hard time dealing with what his fellow mutants were doing. (My buddy and I have thought he might make a good Avenger, haha.) And I realize I'm being overly optimistic in expecting anything to come of that whole "great war" talk Mephisto was spouting. Still, it's there. It's vague, (purposefully so I'm sure). But it's something to play with- even if it's just for people like me and their fanfics.

Cards on the table, since this is an idea I've been giving through to (for fic and fandom purposes)- I really like the idea of toying with his time in an underworld setting. Who is to say that the 'Great War' was happening in the world of the living? Of course, perhaps it could seep out into the living world, thus giving Kurt a reason to return. I think "all hell breaking loose" in a literal sense would be a good reason for him to come back.

I'm not saying it's a realistic expectation of the comics, it's just something I'd like to see- which means I'd better start typing. :)

[Edited on 22-9-2011 by the_lone_bamf]
Image Image
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

the_lone_bamf wrote:Cards on the table, since this is an idea I've been giving through to (for fic and fandom purposes)- I really like the idea of toying with his time in an underworld setting. Who is to say that the 'Great War' was happening in the world of the living? Of course, perhaps it could seep out into the living world, thus giving Kurt a reason to return. I think "all hell breaking loose" in a literal sense would be a good reason for him to come back.

I'm not saying it's a realistic expectation of the comics, it's just something I'd like to see- which means I'd better start typing. :)

If you do write this story, I'd be interested in reading it. There could be some interesting possibilities there. After all, they did Wolverine in Hell, so why not Nightcrawler in Heaven? Unless you planned to send him to Hell for some reason?
the_lone_bamf
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

Post by the_lone_bamf »

Karl wrote:
the_lone_bamf wrote:Cards on the table, since this is an idea I've been giving through to (for fic and fandom purposes)- I really like the idea of toying with his time in an underworld setting. Who is to say that the 'Great War' was happening in the world of the living? Of course, perhaps it could seep out into the living world, thus giving Kurt a reason to return. I think "all hell breaking loose" in a literal sense would be a good reason for him to come back.

If you do write this story, I'd be interested in reading it. There could be some interesting possibilities there. After all, they did Wolverine in Hell, so why not Nightcrawler in Heaven? Unless you planned to send him to Hell for some reason?
I wasn't planning on sending him to Hell, but I wasn't sold on the idea of straight up Heaven either. Mostly because I figure once you're in Heaven your conception of things would probably change radically, perhaps too much so to be concerned about that happens to a transient little race on a planet revolving around a little star. Maybe? I don't know. If I went the more heavenly route, it would probably be more of a "Okay, you're on heaven's porch, take a good look back because this is your last chance"- but I guess that makes it more of a purgatory situation, doesn't it?

I kinda liked the splinter dimensions from the Magic miniseries, so maybe I'll play with those? Ha, I can see myself going for a totally Quantum Leap ending to answer the question as to why Kurt went to purgatory/limbo at all instead of passing go and collecting $200 on his way to heaven.

But yes, whatever decisions I make I will be sure to share it here first. Maybe I can get a beta volunteer or two. :)
Image Image
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

I think the rigteous buckling of swashes would be part of Kurt's idea of Heaven, though, and Catholicism does teach that the end of one's mortal existence isn't the end of doing some good down here.... :engarde :halogrin
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

Angelique wrote:I think the rigteous buckling of swashes would be part of Kurt's idea of Heaven, though, and Catholicism does teach that the end of one's mortal existence isn't the end of doing some good down here.... :engarde :halogrin
True, but that good is usually thought of as interceding with God on someone's behalf, rather than getting actively involved with mortals.
However, we already have an example in the comics of a dead Kurt dealing with Logan, at least on a psychological plane, and even fighting on his behalf, so there is an established precedent that such a thing is possible in that universe.
I've been playing around with ideas for a story where Kurt appears to Logan again, since I've been reading the Wolverine series and poor Logan is in a very bad way in the recent issues, but I need to see how the plot plays out before I could do anything definite with it.