Art Project help

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Art Project help

Post by DreadPirateBluetail »

Hey there fellow 'Crawler fans...

I have an art project for my humanities class and due to recent events, I'd like to sort of use Nightcrawler as my inspiration.

I'm supposed to create a still life and paint it in several different styles.

One of the things I wish I had, but do not, is a Nightcrawler plushie. Does anyone know where I can find a pattern?

If not, can anyone think of objects I might have lying around (I'm an 18 year old girl) that might commemorate the fuzzy elf's life?

I can't use a comic because I'm a poor artist and my teacher has already showed disapproval of painting a recreation of a picture, which is sort of like a comic.

Thanks for the help....
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Art Project help

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

I don't know about the plushie, but I have a few action figures, if those'll work. Some fun, circus type fabric could be fun to use as a base. Maybe a sword (Dunno about you, but I know people that collect them)? Could go the religious way with a rosary or something.

I'm looking around my room and trying to think of stuff I have since I'm the same age, and it's not working out very well. ><
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Art Project help

Yeah, I used to have a foil when I fenced, but my mother took it away when I quit because my younger siblings kept hurting each other with it....unfortunate.

I have an angel statue I'd like to use, but no action figures, as unfortunate as that is.

I think focusing on the circus thing would be great, so I'm going to give my closet another good look through. I have gypsy ancestry, so I like to collect things that look vaguely gypsy-ish so I can pretend my family stuck to their roots.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Art Project help

Yeah, I figured going with the circus angle would be the easiest as far as getting material goes and pretty fun. Plus, the colors could be really cool with the different styles.

Though, I never use much color in my paintings... :shifty
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Art Project help

I have to for this project....I took humanities for the philosophy and now I'm saddled with the art unit.

The first style is Renaissance, meaning I have to make it as realistic as possible. This is a problem for someone who never even used crayons when they were little.
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Art Project help

lol, I take 4 art classes at the moment, and I'm going to art school next year. >< I think some styles I like are impressionism/post-impressionism since the brushstrokes and colors are nice. Then, I like Andy Warhol, pop-art type things because it's simple but can look awesome.
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

Art Project help

Post by Garble »

I archived an old pattern for a Bamf doll on my old anglefire site.

here:
http://www.angelfire.com/yt/reverie/bamfreadme.html
DreadPirateBluetail
Lubber
Lubber

Art Project help

Thank you so much to you both!

I have dress rehearsal from 8-6 tomorrow, but hopefully I'll have time to pick up some supplies and make the doll tomorrow night....then I'll paint it Sunday.

Lovely!