Nightcrawler's Funeral Day

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
protectobot
Lubber
Lubber

Post by protectobot »

What's sad is that EVERY time I get hooked on a new marvel character...he or she gets KILLED, and maybe for forever. I must be cursed or something. A guy who worked a comic shop told me not to worry, cos EVERYONE seems to die at some point if the writers have a chance to do that. I'd HATE to think the writers are killing off the characters JUST to see which characters gets the most attention, which means, how much MONEY they're generating for the comic companies...
Karl
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Karl »

Mistress_D wrote::( This sucks, I've had recent tragedy in my life the past year; my aunt died, my dad, my mom, my bro and my other aunt almost die, and I've relied on Nightcrawler to put that smile on my face. Now what am I going to do? RIP Kurt, hope you and Dave have some good times.
Mistress_D, I know what you mean. I've had some hard times lately also, and I've relied on Kurt for inspiration and the courage not to despair. Like you, I'm now asking what I'm going to do. All I've come up with is to search out and start reading all the Nightcrawler fanfiction I can find online, rather than hoping for him to return anytime soon.

BTW, I only just read the funeral issue. The part that moved me most was Logan's reactions and his comments about Kurt. Somehow, the one panel that showed a close up of his claws beginning to extend, with drops of blood running down over his fingers, really got to me. And when he pointed to Hope with those claws and demanded, "You better be worth this, I swear to God!" tears started running down my face.
I don't know where the writers intend to go with the rest of this story arc, but I agree with Logan: Hope damn well better be worth it, if Kurt had to die for her.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Karl, I assure you, if you read "Second Coming" the whole way through, the death won't make any more sense, but Hope will.
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS