nightcrawlers origin

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

hmm. guess i missed that one...
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Garble
Lookout
Lookout
Title: Weirdsmith

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Garble »

In the flashback she says to Magneto "Monster! What have you done to him?" before running away from Magneto with Kurt in her arms.

Some have speculated this suggests he wasn't borne blue or demonic looking until Magneto experimented on him. But so far it's not been resolved.

In the comic books, it's pretty well agreed that he was born with all of his unusual features.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

yah, evo kinda messes stuff up. I just hope they don't take it too far. Y know, something like, gambit Is bad and doen't turn good.
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

nightcrawlers origin

Post by little Blue Lucy »

Originally posted by Booker
In the episode "Shadowed Past" they have a thing with Magneto doing something wonky with Kurt's genes when he was a baby. They didn't say what (unless they talk about it in a later episode, I don't get to see the show much), but it ended up with Mystique running away and accidently dropping him off a bridge while fighting off wolves. Mystique was all misty in that episode.
I'm sorry! I just do not buy that Mystique is that compassionate!:rolleyes:
Originally posted by Bamfman86
yah, evo kinda messes stuff up. I just hope they don't take it too far. Y know, something like, gambit Is bad and doen't turn good.
Yah Evo. rather irks me in a lot of ways sometimes lol!
Originally posted by Slarti
Okay, again for Nighty's origin. His mother is Mystique, but no one knows exactly who his father is, except Mystique! She, known to be a psycho and a liar, told him his origin, so who knows if it is correct. The only part he knows is correct is what Margali told him -- he was found and raised by her as her own child.

There's also been hints that Nighty's past and his father's real identity may come up soon. I hope so, it'd be nice to have a real origin for him. Over the years people have guessed his father could be Wolverine (!) or Sabretooth (!!!). Originally, Chris Claremont wanted Mystique to be his FATHER and Destiny (Irene Adler) his mother. It's common belief that Mystique and Destiny were lovers, and Claremont wanted Mystique to father Kurt while in male form. That didn't make it past the Mighty Marvel Editors, thank God!
Just call me happy quoty gal!:laugh:
Anyway that remenisces (sp?) of Cartman's origins on Southpark lmao!

Oh yah and I'd forgotten who told Kurt of his father. Was that the same issue? All that sticks in my mind about it is the scene with the angry villagers and the cliff..and poor baby Kurty's scared little face!:(
Vala: "Hello."
Daniel: "What the hell are you doing here?"
Vala: "Isn't this my room?"
Daniel: "Noooo… your room is across the hall… with the… guard in front of it."
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"
Daniel: "No, we shalln't."
Coalition for Crawler to Carry a Cutlass (CCCC) Member #11 :engarde

:respectnc and they'll respect you, back.
Booker
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Booker »

I had the same South Park reference pop in my head when I read that as well! I'm afraid my mind would've been scarred for a long while if they actually went with that story line. I mean...ewww.
Royal Canadian Kilted Yaksman
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

nightcrawlers origin

I know. That is a tad, um... :P:rolleyes: Lol! Uh, I don't mean to delve really far in to this, but would that even be possible? I mean Mystique can change appearance, but that does not mean.. Well anyway, I definitely agree it is good they didn't go with that!;):laugh:
Vala: "Ah yes, they do all rather look alike don't they? Anyhow, Since I'm here, shall we make the best of it?"

Garble
Lookout
Lookout

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Garble »

Just to clarify.... In Claremont's original idea of Mystique being the father, Mystique was meant to be a Man who makes himself look like a woman most of the time. The idea was not that she can change her very gender on a biological level. Since she's given birth to charcters since that idea, it no longer applies.

Note that Wolverine and Mystique have had sex. So if it's ever revealed that Mystique is somehow, truly a man, it will make Wolverine fanboys' heads explode all over the world.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Nandireya »

Okay...I've been working on a Kurty shrine and this is the page I've come up with concerning this particular topic...and all the information that's been released (to my knowledge) so far...or at least the important stuff...

As for the Evo bit...with Mag's tinkering...I just think that the writers left themselves a little 'back door'...maybe they knew Nightcrawler was going to be in X2...and if he turns out to be majorly different to their version (God forbid) they can either make what Mag's did take effect, or he could finish what he started, therefore explaining a sudden radical change in their Kurt...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
BlueJubatus
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

nightcrawlers origin

Post by BlueJubatus »

cool page:)
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Nandireya »

Thanks...done pages for the ladies in his life too...though I'm still working on Amanda...

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

nightcrawlers origin

Originally posted by Garble
Just to clarify.... In Claremont's original idea of Mystique being the father, Mystique was meant to be a Man who makes himself look like a woman most of the time. The idea was not that she can change her very gender on a biological level. Since she's given birth to charcters since that idea, it no longer applies.

Note that Wolverine and Mystique have had sex. So if it's ever revealed that Mystique is somehow, truly a man, it will make Wolverine fanboys' heads explode all over the world.
Lmao!:laugh:;)
Okay ohhhh I see! Well that makes more sense!
Originally posted by Nandireya
Okay...I've been working on a Kurty shrine and this is the page I've come up with concerning this particular topic...and all the information that's been released (to my knowledge) so far...or at least the important stuff...

As for the Evo bit...with Mag's tinkering...I just think that the writers left themselves a little 'back door'...maybe they knew Nightcrawler was going to be in X2...and if he turns out to be majorly different to their version (God forbid) they can either make what Mag's did take effect, or he could finish what he started, therefore explaining a sudden radical change in their Kurt...
Ohhhh God!!! *lets out inhuman screech of sentimental nostalgia* That totally brings back memories! Okay I am too emotional:shame::laugh:
Anyway though great site!:)

Born Blue
Shoulder Parrot
Shoulder Parrot

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Born Blue »

Cool site Nandireya. But now that the thought crosses my mind, what issue was that where Mystique beat the robot versions of the X-Men?
------ The Man who used to be Man of Letters ------
Well wadda know, I got a Nightcrawler fansite too!
------ http://respect-the-elf.freeservers.com/ -------
Garble
Lookout
Lookout

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Garble »

Uncanny X-Men #177
Kurt's talk with Amanda takes place later in that same issue.
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Nandireya »

Hmmm...maybe I should include what issues/titles the pics come from...

Nightcrawler_o63
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Nightcrawler_o63 »

Wonderful page Nandireya!!! Just what I've been looking for some time now! You just've won my BAMF of the month!
http://www.nightcrawler.web.pt

BECK in Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat) "Grizzly Bear Motherf***er Never Goes To Sleep".
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

nightcrawlers origin

Originally posted by Nandireya
Hmmm...maybe I should include what issues/titles the pics come from...
Good idea!;):)

Nightfollower
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Nightfollower »

I actually heard that she threw the poor baby off a waterfall, I never heard anyhting about a church :?
I did hear something about a bridge, but I don't remember it.

Why cant he transform? You got me :?
Nightfollower.

Insert sig here.

LiveJournal
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

the church is one of the biggest things in his whole life, I dunno how you missed that..but then again, I don't know many marvel origins, so s'kay! Transform, I asked that somewhere... It's marvel science, I mean c'mon, how many blue fuzzy german teleporting three fingered guy do you see running around. Oh, there's one!
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Nandireya »

If you look at the mutant children of mutant parents, only a few have the same powers as their folks...like Siryn...who some might claim isn't really a mutant, 'cos a mutant is something that's changed from the original...and she didn't change...

Some inherit from their parents...like :rachel: who got :jean:'s powers...but develop her own as well...

Then there's others like Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch, who don't even get a hint of hereditary...besides the X-gene...

:bamf:'s sort of a cross between those two and :rachel:...his powers are nothing like :mystique:'s...but he's got her eyes and colouring, so he obviosly inherited SOMETHING! Nocturne's a bit like her dear old dad too...she's got his looks...and those little Hex blast things of hers which are sorta related to his power...and she's got her own as well...

Looking at all that...I don't think there's any rules...writers/artist just decide on some cool looking character with cool powers...and don't worry about it...

Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

:rachel:is :jean:'s daughter... Rachel summers, I guess it works, and the whole phoenix thing. I though it was just a big coincedence, either that or the Phoenix powers hopped from jean to rahel, and rachel could like...tame 'em. (Which i thought was pretty near damn impossible.) THen again, summers... I guess I'm kinda ignorant, or stupid!:laugh::oops:
InterNutter
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

I can explain (nearly) everything ^_^

Post by InterNutter »

Yes, folks, I *am* hoping to win a No-Prize ^_^ Thankyou for noticing ^_^

The whole X-gene thing goes a little like this:

A Mutant is someone who posesses the X-gene (dur) *but* that particular X-gene *may* *NOT* pass to the next generation. It all depends on the luck of the draw. Two mutants are even capable of producing a 'normal' human, someone who doesn't have the X-gene.

*However*, there are other combinations. A mutie-mutie pairing can produce the following: A triple X-gene mutant (One from Mom, Dad *and* one of their own) who is more likely to be physically changed (like Kurt), A double X-gene mutant (two inherited, or one unique, one inherited X-gene) who may or may not be physically changed (Rachel Summers, for example, is an inherited-unique double X-gene mutant. She has her mom's telepathy and telekinesis X-gene, and her own 'time-warp' power), a single X-gene mutant (either inherited or unique. Nocturne inherited her Dad's blue hue and teleporting X-gene), or a boring old Norm (Graydon Creed. Boo hiss)...

Probability favours the middle-of-the-field double X-gene mutie, because of the number of combinations. (Two inherited, Dad's X-gene plus own, Mom's X-gene plus own) Likewise, Mutie-Norm pairings favour more 'normal' looking mutants because the possibilities are more limited (inherited plus own, or unique X-gene). Obviously, Magneto's kids developped their own X-gene, instead of inheriting his.

Our dear Kurti is unique ^_^ One in a million billion, maybe ;) but not for long! Consider that our dear Muties seem to boink like bunnies (offscreen, anyway...) the likelyhood of unique, physically different Muties is climbing exponentially. Just like the population of the planet ;)

Or at least, that's the line I'm going to try to sell to Marvel ;)
The one and only InterNutter (as seen on FFN and NFN)
http://www.internutter.org
http://www.nutfiction.net <---Nutfiction.net! *THE* place to host fanfic [Now back online! Huzzah!]
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Nandireya »

I actually think :bamf: and Nocturne HAVE got a bit of :mystique:'s power...there have been times in both their lives when their tails have just totally disappeared! Nocturne suffers from this quite a bit...Kurt only during the Bachalo period. But as Marvel doesn't make mistakes...the only way to explain it is that they are somehow, instictively, calling on :mystique:'s shape-shifting to momentarily hide their tails. Why? Who knows...it's not like either of them can pass for 'normal' without the tail...

Garble
Lookout
Lookout

nightcrawlers origin

Post by Garble »

Nocturne is a 3rd generation mutant on both sides!!! Mutant parents and grandparents...
Just Imagine if she had inherited ALL their powers...
little Blue Lucy
Lookout
Lookout

nightcrawlers origin

That would be cool!:eek:
As it is her powers are fairly darn limited from what I've seen.:P
Anyway, I've heard that T.J. actally does not have a tail, but the artists sometimes can't remember this. Pretty darn forgetful artists if you ask me, considering you can see a tail on her at least once in nearly every issue.:smirk::rolleyes:

jogurt
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: Banned

nightcrawlers origin

Post by jogurt »

Wow!
Is it a subject of study? I always thought it was like human. With
pheano- and genotypes...I meant i know the theories about triple X and so on by INs story, but...
The Pyramid over Egypt links with the Pyramid
of Time and Illusion. It is run by I, Thoth or
Hermes, the Trickster and Master of the Game.
(AKA. Azazel;) )