Wolverine and the X-Men

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by Elfdame »

THANK YOU, Neling! I am such a procrastinating lazybones that I cannot seem to catch up on ANYthing lately, so finding out the specifics from you made my life easier.

AND ... one of my ficcer friends said he'd look over my fight scene, so I can finally move on that -- which will leave me a bit of time to watch the Crawler episodes.

You're a gem.
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by Freak »

I forgot to mention: As of last weekend, all of the episodes of season 1 are available for download and in English on diverse filesharing sites. Only letting you know. :D

Also: Season 2 is in post-production right now, the production team is still the same and the main plot will be the Age of Apocalypse (I'm fairly sure we're going to have AoA Nightcrawler, we already got AoA Scott).
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
Vaiyala
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by Vaiyala »

Freak wrote:I forgot to mention: As of last weekend, all of the episodes of season 1 are available for download and in English on diverse filesharing sites. Only letting you know. :D
Do you think you could hint me to said filesharing sites? :LOL I can't get a hold of these episodes anywhere and it's killing me!
What is the meaning of life, my dear?
What is the meaning of all you hold near?
Why is it that you cry at night
when there's no one around you to hear?

~~Myspace~~ :computer

~~Deviantart~~ :bunny
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by Angelique »

I haven't been able to see any new episodes on the Nicktoons site in a couple of weeks.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by Saint Kurt »

Vaiyala wrote: Do you think you could hint me to said filesharing sites? :LOL I can't get a hold of these episodes anywhere and it's killing me!
Unfortunately, said filesharing sites are purveyors of illegal downloadable content (ie. it is stealing) so while it is okay to mention that it is out there and available, please don't actually link to them from here.

No one has actually done it yet which is good, but it's nice to be clear about it just in case. :)

Thanks!
-e
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Freak wrote:I'm fairly sure we're going to have AoA Nightcrawler
:ooh: :puppy Please oh please oh please oh please oh please oh please....

Great sig, SK! Cuter than cute!
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by Nandireya »

The Drastic Spastic wrote:Great sig, SK! Cuter than cute!
I clicked and gave kitties kibble :D

We're still waiting for the show here...I've seen the Kurt-centric eps though...through the wonders of the internet...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by Freak »

Saint Kurt wrote:
Vaiyala wrote: Do you think you could hint me to said filesharing sites? :LOL I can't get a hold of these episodes anywhere and it's killing me!
Unfortunately, said filesharing sites are purveyors of illegal downloadable content (ie. it is stealing) so while it is okay to mention that it is out there and available, please don't actually link to them from here.

No one has actually done it yet which is good, but it's nice to be clear about it just in case. :)

Thanks!
-e
Exactly, sorry folks :D
Though I'm a bit hazy on TV stuff, since once it's been broadcasted it's not really stealing if I record and share it :shrug

Better save than sorry ;)
Vaiyala
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by Vaiyala »

Freak wrote:
Saint Kurt wrote:

Thanks!
-e
Exactly, sorry folks :D
Though I'm a bit hazy on TV stuff, since once it's been broadcasted it's not really stealing if I record and share it :shrug

Better save than sorry ;)
Yup. ^^ I'll just try to find the DVD when it comes out here (everything's slow in SC... :shame)
What is the meaning of life, my dear?
What is the meaning of all you hold near?
Why is it that you cry at night
when there's no one around you to hear?

~~Myspace~~ :computer

~~Deviantart~~ :bunny
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by Saint Kurt »

Freak wrote:
Completely hijacking the thread here, but since it came up...

Television shows are still the intellectual property of the networks even after they've been broadcast. Just because you have the means to record the broadcast and re-distribute it doesn't mean that they have relinquished ownership. The network owns the distribution rights.

It's the same reason why you can't buy a book, re-type it, and then distribute it on the internet - the book still belongs to the writer and publisher.

And yes, it is really stealing. Artists really do own the things that they create! :D

-e
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by Freak »

Well, in Marvel's case I'd assume they own nothing :shifty

And it may even be illegal by law, but the fact that sharing this work is done without profit and any possible loss due to that Marvel (or any other producer of tv shows) could come up with would be highly hypothetical there is generally no pursuing it.

This obviously is different with comics, where each sold issue means earned money (as compared to TV shows where the number of TV sets the show is watched on isn't directly bound to the earned money and where you'd have to wait a really long time for an episode to be shown again if you missed one and didn't record it).

Though, not badmouthing creator rights here, I am a firm believer of buying comics if they are in fact published in your country. :)
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Freak wrote: Though, not badmouthing creator rights here, I am a firm believer of buying comics if they are in fact published in your country. :)
Oh, don't give us that crap, I know people in France and the Netherlands who BUY American comics. Not just read, but buy as well. It's not like they're completely unavailable in Europe.
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
NinjaMisha
Lubber
Lubber

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by NinjaMisha »

Just wondering...but did anyone else notice the random belt appearing on Mr.Wagner on Ep10?
It's the scene where he and the kids fix the ship and are headed towards Spiral's ship. Spiral looks through her looking glass and see's the awesome Mr.Wagner looking all awesome like...then commercial....then back to the show except now he has a belt o_O....
I mean, I understand his reasons for picking one up along the way ( to hold the swords)...but it just appeared like maaaagic.:rolleyes
Nandireya
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: The Librarian

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by Nandireya »

From what I can see...the US will get a single DVD featuring the first three episodes on April 21...whereas Australia will get the entire first season on May 6...or two single DVD, featuring half the season on the same date.

Australia getting a better deal before the US? That's a turn about for the books...
:read The Librarian ~ Keeper of Elfin Facts :read

:bamf I'm sick of my subconscious...it's like it's got a mind of its own... :bamf

:D A Touch Of Velvet :D
NinjaMisha
Lubber
Lubber

Wolverine and the X-Men

Post by NinjaMisha »

D'awww now I wish I was Australian o_o!
I hope they will release a fabulous lookin' box set when they have finished this series ( which hopefully isn't soon!)....a spiffy box set...with pretty art...and a Kurt toy >_>....