does anyone else here feel kurt's hurt?

All Nightcrawler, all the time! THE place to discuss everyone's favorite fuzzy elf in all his various incarnations!
Kurts Hurt77
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kurts Hurt77 »

I mean Im german such as kurt,my birth parents also gave me up such as kurt's,& I have been judged alot religiously. I guess thats why Im an NC fan is because I can really relate to him(but no,Im not blue with 3 fingers & the ability to teleport).Can you guys relate to any of NC's predicaments?

{Title edited to remove direct insult to forum staff member by poster. The question is fine, but any further insults directed at forum members will result in a permanent ban. Please review the forum rulesif this is not clear. Thanks. -- SK}

[Edited on 20/9/2008 by Saint Kurt]
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Yeah, I was born with a visible deformity and had a LOT of people tell me I was weird.

Of course, the fact that I *am* weird might have s/t to do with that ...

And please, don't hurt other people by calling them stupid, etc. No matter how other people have rejected you, it's best to try not to be rude and reject other people. Fight whatever you perceive as hard to understand behavior with kindness when possible.

Also, even though your birth parents gave you up, obviously someone raised you, so that's a positive, not a negative. {looking on the sunny side of life}
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

Elwing
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Loquacious Llama

Post by Elwing »

I think everybody here understands the sense of alienation that comes with this character. This is why he appeals so much-in this world, everybody is a stranger in a one way or another. For me, I suffer from a mental disorder (major depression) and I know all about being the odd one out.

As for Steyn, please be careful. I don't think he has anything against you, and you two had better work something out before this gets out of hand...It would be a pity if the admins had to take measures against you, because we really need and welcome new blood around here, and it would be a shame if you got banned because of a misunderstanding with somebody who is a real cool guy.
So please take care.

[Edited on 20-9-2008 by Elwing]
“You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy a bike and that’s pretty close”
Kurts Hurt77
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kurts Hurt77 »

elfdame I never called anyone stupid
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

You know, she's being nice to you. I think we've all tried to be quite nice, though we do have rules, just like anyplace else in this world, and we ask our members follow them.

The number one rule is respect for each other, which does not include posting that you don't want somebody's "stupid replies" in your thread.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

I had four open heart surgeries so though there may be no visual deformities with my physical self, I'm slower than a lot of people, tire quicker, I get blue in the lips, ears, purple in the cheeks, and i'm all kinds of screwed up when it comes to alcohol and caffeine. I got a lot of low blow comments back in grade school like "oh Ty, why you so upset i cut you man? Don't have a heart attack!"

I mean.... that stuff is just uncalled for. Being mean to someone, with ZERO justification, especially something like treating someone badly, is just unfair.

That said, I think Kurt, the character, has a very good sense of justice, tolerance, patience, and best of all, humor. He takes everything said to him quite well and is a very forgiving soul. I think it would take a lot to genuinely upset him. He'll feel bad that you're making fun of him, but I doubt he'll run to corners and cry like Jubilee might. :LMAO
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
Bamfing_Bob
Lookout
Lookout

Post by Bamfing_Bob »

I, like most of you, am misunderstood. lol. I am both religious and crazy, so, mine and Kurt's personality are similar. I was miserable in Elementry and Junior High cuz I was an awkward fat kid. I struggled w/ alot of mental anxieties, but now I'm well adjusted.
For funny tweets from NIGHTCRAWLER, follow my humor account http://www.twitter.com/fuzzybluejerk and spread it around to your comic friends!
Kurts Hurt77
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kurts Hurt77 »

Originally posted by Slarti
You know, she's being nice to you. I think we've all tried to be quite nice, though we do have rules, just like anyplace else in this world, and we ask our members follow them.

The number one rule is respect for each other, which does not include posting that you don't want somebody's "stupid replies" in your thread.
say is there anyway I can block certant users from replying to my post?like a user mute or something?
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

Originally posted by Kurts Hurt77
say is there anyway I can block certant users from replying to my post?like a user mute or something?
Yes. And it is very effective.

It is called "a permanent user ban" - effective immediately. I think that should solve your problem with this board in a very thorough and complete way. You won't be able to read what we write and we won't have to put up with your rudeness to our moderators.

We've been more than patient and it would appear that this is the perfect solution for everyone involved.

-SK (on behalf of the Triumvirate and Mod Staff)
Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Sure. Just give him an image inducer and pretend he's however you might define normal.

Here's the thing. Almost every time Nightcrawler is wronged or witnesses evil, he addresses the matter as appropriately as possible. Even when he's punching a baddie's lights out, he's polite and often funny. I could only hope to be as decent a person when I find someone merely annoying. Shunning someone for no apparent reason or just for being annoying is not, I think, what Nightcrawler would do.

Now onto the real topic. I am half German. I love fencing, Star Wars, and old adventure movies. I have a strange idea of what constitutes "light reading." I am a bit of a romantic at heart. I am also a devout Catholic and have difficulty just walking by when something bad's happening to someone else.

Try as I might, I have difficulty fitting in with "normal" people, so I gave up trying a long time ago. Also, while I don't have any visible deformities (it took X-rays to discover the extra bones in my feet), I was the scrawny kid with braces, severe acne, and a speech impediment. Nobody called me a demon, but I have spent a lot of my life being misjudged. For example, I had a teacher try to force me into special ed for "behavioral problems" as a kid and classmates simply regarded me as stupid when, as it turned out, my difficulty understanding or even acknowledging when I was spoken to was because I was losing my hearing. I've had the odd experience of living on the fringe, being neither a solid member of the Deaf community nor the hearing population.

I was addressing 77's final post, by the way. I agree. A ban is more effective than my suggestion would have been any day.

[Edited on 22/9/2008 by Angelique]
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

OT: hard of hearing vs. Deaf
Yeah, I remember a lot of folks who had some pretty severe hearing loss but were not "Deaf" as defined by Deaf community. Neither fish nor fowl. Missed a lot in hearing world, but shunted to fringes of Deaf world.

And I think yeah most people admire a real person (and therefore those types symbolized by a Nightcrawler or a Spider-man) who keeps his cool while being treated unfairly. Then hauls off and punches the baddie. Heh heh. Like that movie "My Bodyguard" from early 80's. I kinda felt bad in the end how the big guy resolved the situation, but loved the little guy for his resourcefulness.

Again, sorry to have hijacked yet another thread. I need to watch my step better in future. Or start new threads...
"Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton." From Chapter 9 of _Brother Odd_ by Dean Koontz / from Chapter 10: "Life you can evade; death you cannot."

HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

And now, in the spirit of transparency, since Kurts Hurt77 registered a new username to evade the forum ban, he has been sitebanned.

(For the sake of clarification, a forum ban restricts a member from posting or sending U2Us. A siteban prevents anyone from that Internet address from using the site in any way, including viewing the forums, gallery, etc.)

I'm proud of Nightscrawler's members for putting up with this member so long.

Cheers,

-HoodedMan
Executive/Technical Administrator

[Edited on 22/9/08 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

And the forum staff!

Because I don't know about you guys, but I really hated having to add "read Kurts Hurt77's flame posts" to my list of 5 or 6 things I do each night (after working a 10 - 12 hour day) that includes preparing case reports, reading journal articles, and reviewing tomorrow's patient load.

I'm sure everyone else had something better to do as well.

(I did consider the siteban option but I felt like ... it might have been a little TOO harsh for a first step. Plus, I've never done it before. I kind of saw it coming though so - THANKS HOODEDMAN!)

I've got some journal articles and stuff to read now.

-e
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

So, compared to a bear's anus ...

naw, I'm not going there.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Are we still discussing Kurt's Hurt and how we relate?

I guess I am clueless. I didn't even notice this fellow.

On the subject of relating, yes, I relate to Kurt. Like Angelique, I am part German: 1/4. My grandfather was full-blood German. That was the first reason I latched onto Kurt. I related to his heritage. Also, I related to his problem with acceptance. I was badly bullied in grade school, both by my fellow students and by the teachers! I tended to hang out with the black students and the, what some people called back then: "poor white trash". We were all being ostracized together. I don't think it even occurred to me then, but maybe I was ostracized because I was myself of mixed blood. My grandma was Native. At the time, I just thought they didn't like me because...well...actually, I had no idea. At some point, I just decided to hell with them, I won't let them keep me down, and I didn't! I graduated one of the top students in my class (#27 in a class of over 200!) and went on to college, made the Dean's list, met Mr. neling4, got married, had two kids and am extremely happy. Anyway, that's why I relate to Kurt. I suffered, and I overcame!

To top it all, I did something last Saturday that I have wanted to do for years: I danced in a powwow to honor my Native heritage! I have pictures if anyone wants to see.:bamf :)

[Edited on 23/9/08 by neling4]
R.I.P. Nightcrawler. 1975 - 2010

fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

I think that's cool nelling! You should post a couple of those piccies!

I was a geek in school, therefore I got picked on. I'm still a geek now...but I'd kick anyone who tried to pull that crap now, so we're all good. :)

My kids are biracial though - and so far they aren't having a problem with that. Hopefully they never do, but I doubt it in this world. All I can hope is that those people aren't in a power position over them ever.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Thanks fourpawsonthefloor!

Here ya go! I'm the one in red:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263 ... CT1071.jpg

This one's my favorite:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o263 ... 1085-1.jpg

[Edited on 23/9/08 by neling4]

Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Cool photo, neling! I am so sick of being around all you good-looking people.

But I'll try to be tolerant about it. *smirk*

My grandkids are biracial: two are Latina-American and two are Black/White. I love 'em all, of course, even though they're only mine by marriage. Three of 'em are pale white with blonde hair and blue eyes, and although that is normally my least preference for looks, I think they are gorgeous and talented and ... you get the drift.

I think the one with cerebral palsy will have a helluva harder time than the ones who are only Black/White. For one thing, she can't sit up, eat food, or talk. (That's three things, oops.) But she is intelligent and knows what's going on. So she'll feel the hurt the most, I think.

The fun thing about the character of Nightcrawler is that he has these tremendous abilities -- but they are often overlooked or looked at askance because of his physical differences. Most people feel what I think of as the "Beauty and the Beast Syndrome" -- they sense their own worth, but don't think others can see it.

It's been interesting to see how everyone relates his/her struggles to The Fuzzy Dude.

neling4
Lookout
Lookout

Post by neling4 »

Thanks for the compliment Elfdame!

My great nephew and niece are tri-racial: White, black and a little bit Native. It's the wave of the future.

Angelique
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Post by Angelique »

Rather like some little cousins of mine- Black, white, and Latino, and all cute! Yet even in a large city, I've noticed some people stare when we're on family outings. It may, however, be because we talk loudly and laugh a lot, as well as because we're a rather colorful bunch.
Meddle not with the heartstrings of fans, for we are powerful and hold your pursestrings.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6 ... &ref=share

www.heroesfallenstudiosinc.webs.com

http://hubpages.com/hub/characterdriven
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Like everyone else I'm really into my German heritage. I never see people that "look like me" but my ex is in Germany now and he says there are a lot of women who look like me... he said several times that it's really weird. Awesome. It's like I'm mind-fucking him without having to actually do anything.

Aside from that, I just like freaks. Not ugly ones though! Only the pretty ones. :whistle
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Kriecher_Geliebter
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kriecher_Geliebter »

i do relate to nightcrawler more then any other character.
im not german, or blue, but i have have been outcasted most of my life and all ym school years, even from other 'loners'. i have always been treated as 'special' by others, even adults because of a mental 'problem' which means i cant focus on any task really well, and loads of immune system problems and illness's all my life.my mother gave me up when i was only a few weeks old, and i could still see her, but she has 5 other kids she never gave up which is :yell, so i dont. and i never knew my father. ts only now that even other 'outcasts' are friendly to me.

sorry for the big post but kurt to me is a marvel (ugh bad pun). when i first learnt about him from my dad i was so happy. being a lonely child, i could tell my kurt poster my problems from school and felt as if that picture understood. i started buying old comics and could live my little fantasy of heros. i never had gotten into other stuff before but kurt was so like me i could really relate. i still do :)

[Edited on 1/10/08 by Kriecher_Geliebter]
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

Welcome to a bunch of other loners and outcasts -- well, I can't speak for all of them, but some of us anyway! Look around and let us know what other things you like about Kurt.

And whether you think he should carry a sword or not ...

Kastor
Lubber
Lubber

Post by Kastor »

I think anyone can relate to Kurt in some way.
Who hasn't felt alienated?

As for me, I've never really been made fun of or anything, as far as I remember. But when I have been, it stuck with me for a long time. That's probably why my self-esteem sucks.
People say they find me intimidating, too. But that's before they get to know me. I'm just quiet -shrug-
Elfdame
Navigator
Navigator

Post by Elfdame »

A lot of people assume an aloof person is a snob, when in actuality the person is often shy. Good point about everyone facing alienation in some way.