I Met Adam West!! XD

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I Met Adam West!! XD

Post by Nightwind »

This weekend that just passed by was Toronto's 13th Fan Expo at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre! I went with my sister, as well as my friend one day, and my cousin on another day... Knowing Adam West was there signing autographs, I couldn't leave the con without getting his autograph! So we jumped in line, and waited... My sister asked me why this was so important, and I could only say, "HE'S BATMAN!!! One of the most awesomest people in our whole universe!!" haha Adam West was so fun to talk to... he was kinda poking fun of my hair, but everyone does that. :P When we were finished talking, I was so overjoyed, my hands couldn't stop shaking! (My mom doesn't like me playing X-Men on the xbox, cause the same thing occurs... and my hands don't just shake, they shake rather violently...)
Anywho, I had this plastic to keep the autograph safe, but I couldn't get it in from the shaking, so my sister and cousin had to do it for me -_-"
Also, while walking around, I saw Nightie going around the artist's tables!! XD Naturally I chased him down for his picture. XD When I told him he was my favourite X-Man, he laughed and said, "Who am I not a favourite of?" So we both got a good laugh from each other, and I made off with a picture of him. ^^ Sadly, my indoor photo taking skills aren't that great, so the photo doesn't do him justice... still a photo though!!
Now I can't wait for next years con! :P
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

I Met Adam West!! XD

Post by littlebamf »

Oooh that's so cool!! You guys over that side of the world have way better cons than we do in Britain! I watched the old Batman all the time as a kid, so that's awesome to meet such an icon! And a 'crawler too!!

Out of interest, why was he poking fun at your hair?
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I Met Adam West!! XD

Post by Nightwind »

People pokefun at my hair because... well... it's odd...
I shave the back of my head, while my bangs are long... plus I bleach 'em and dye 'em red ^^;

Here, you can go to my Deviantart, there's a pic of me with my cat on my home page:

http://kwnightwind.deviantart.com/

[Edited on 27/8/2007 by Nightwind]
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

I Met Adam West!! XD

Post by littlebamf »

Cool hair ;)

But yeah, cons here just aren't as big or good from what I've seen about :(
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I Met Adam West!! XD

Post by Nightwind »

Maybe you could "go on vacation" at the same same that the con is going on :shifty hehe
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

I Met Adam West!! XD

Post by JSherlock »

How awesome! I loved that show when I was a kid. Are you going to post the pictures? :D
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Feuerstein
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber

I Met Adam West!! XD

Post by Feuerstein »

I'm so jealous! That stuff never happens in my area. All the cons are so far off.
Steyn: Oh sweety, no, the elvis boys are across the street at the wolverine forum
Tessa: LMAO
Steyn: here we do Paul Young
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I Met Adam West!! XD

Post by Nightwind »

Originally posted by JSherlock
How awesome! I loved that show when I was a kid. Are you going to post the pictures? :D
Well, I don't know if I will, I'm not sure how the people in costume would like it if I put them up on the net without their permission to do so... but when I get back to my mom's house, (I'm at dad's this week) I'll take a pic of myself with the autograph or something and put it on my Deviant art as an ID :P
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

I Met Adam West!! XD

Post by JSherlock »

Well, I don't know if I will, I'm not sure how the people in costume would like it if I put them up on the net without their permission to do so... but when I get back to my mom's house, (I'm at dad's this week) I'll take a pic of myself with the autograph or something and put it on my Deviant art as an ID :P
That sounds like a plan, then! :) You're so lucky to have met Adam West! :D And nice hair, by the way. ;)
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Nightwind
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

I Met Adam West!! XD

Post by Nightwind »

Okay, so... I'm back at mom's but... I don't think I'm gonna post any "proof pictures" of the autograph... until I get it framed anyways... my hands get shakey trying to hold the photo without damaging it... hehe
I'm real weird that way...