Characters that didn't interest you before, but are now grow

DC, Marvel, Image, BOOM!, Dynamite and more! Discuss everything comics and related to comics. If it's comics and Nightcrawler isn't in it, this is the place!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

What can I say? I always go for the underdeveopled characters with potential and just sort of hold my breath.

As for the blue squads I like a lot of the characters but I'm not sure they're very innovative teams unless the writers have some plots up their sleeves that I'm simply not considering at the moment. There's always some hope, after all.
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

*padum-tsh!*

"There's always some hope" she says. Hilarious, this one.

I dunno, maybe... but for now Team Gold has me really intrigued to see what's up with Toad chilling out with Wolverine & not Magneto. You'd think he'd stay by Erik's side.

Also, :cap Captain America. One of the few Superheroes who I think I've been drawn to lately (BEFORE I SAW THE MOVIE!! :toothy bandwagons are fun, but I try to avoid them.) and I think the reason for that is, simply put, Ed Brubaker is Captain America.
S'Far as I'm concerned, no one else should ever be writing that title.

But Jon Hickman could do it if he wanted. :shifty Just sayin'.

[Edited on 24/9/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Characters that didn't interest you before, but are now growing on you.

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Batman. I've been all over him for about a month now, when I never had much interest before. Every book he's been in, I liked. (Even JLI.)
Und die Sonne spricht zu mir
Ult_Sm86
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Passive Antagonist
Nightscrawlearth Character: :hellboy :r2

Post by Ult_Sm86 »

Wolverine.

Not enough to read his book, but enough that his Astonishing team-up with Spider-man gave me some seriously awesome LOL's. Now I'm very intrigued in Wolverine & The X-Men and seeing his interactions with Darkholme :aoa in Uncanny X-Force.

[Edited on 25/9/11 by Ult_Sm86]
R.I.P. Ultimate Peter Parker :spidey 6/22/11 USM#160
Read my reviews on SuperiorSpiderTalk.com! I'm a real, honest-to-goodness, published comic reviewer!
"It's not your fault. Listen to me. It's NOT. YOUR. FAULT." - a seismologist getting all territorial
┗[© ♒ ©]┛ ROBOT HAS NO USE FOR FEELINGS